Batch run: copper s2+ triple heatsinks, retaining ring style. [COMPLETED]

Oh a little shiny thing arrived today in the mail. :smiley:

Absolutely beautiful, thank you!

That machining is beyond reproach Hoop. They look perfectly machined to me especially being copper. :beer:

I got a pair of these little beauties in the mail today. :smiley:
Very well done indeed!
My first one will be in the light inside of an hour most likely, a blue S2, I’ll put a FET driver on it with an XP-L W2 2B emitter, see if I can hit 2000 lumens in a tube light with a single emitter. :slight_smile:

Thanks Brian! Beautiful work, muchly appreciated!

Blue Convoy S2+ Triple XP-L W2 2B with Hoops Cu pill and an FET+1 driver utilizing the A6 firmware…

0.04A at 14.49 Lumens
0.32A at 129.72
4.15A at 1438.65
12.34A at 3708.75

Yeah, I figured out pretty quick the Cu pill is made for a triple… :wink:

Modified optics or dedomed?

Or these new W2 can fit under the carclo no problem?

The W2 2B XP-L does fit under the optic but it’s tight, you have to get a good re-flow on the triple board to make sure they self center perfectly or there will be issues.

I didn’t re-flow the triple Noctigon onto the pill, should have, will have to do it over again. But so far so good. I don’t recall ever building a tube light triple that made 3700 lumens, pretty crazy…

With 7 levels the Moon mode is at 0.759 lumens. How insane is that? From 3/4 of a lumen to 3708 lumens, from a 20mm Triple tube light. Glad I have the best copper pill available in there! :slight_smile:

Ok, so, I should know by now not to pick up a driver off my workbench and use it in a light. It’s on the bench because it was removed from a light, it was removed for a reason, so….

I built a new FET+1 driver from scratch, flashed it with A6 firmware with a 45 second step down on Turbo. I used 20Ga Teflon wires from the driver, the longer of the two brass buttons included with the copper pill, and I re-flowed the Noctigon with it’s 3 XP-L W2 2B emitters onto the copper pill so it can’t twist and mess up domes when screwing it in.

It looks very nice in the head of the light, the pill is just so slickly done, very professional, they should all come this way from the factory. :smiley:

The original Sony VTC6 is in the charger, we’ll see what changed.

Edit: Seeing 13.55A now from the fresh charged VTC6, but the lumens is down at 3667.35. Not sure why that would be. The light is solid, stable, makes a ton of heat! The assembled copper pill is very professional looking in this Blue S2+, impressive. Thanks again Hoop, perfect fit, retaining ring fits flush with the driver installed, just everything about it is spot on. :smiley:

Oh boy! I have a blue s2+ coming with pretty much the same set up. Can’t wait. Thanks Hoop!

Mine came in the mail yesterday and again I am amazed at the quality of the machining! Time to get a host and see what I can do with it. Thanks again!

Awesome! Thanks for all of the feedback Fellas. Nice to see those screaming numbers Dale. :sushi:

Update: All orders have been shipped. I have 5 leftover heatsinks, at least 2 of which are spoken for.

With this batch of heatsinks… I’ve got my order fulfillment processes figured out. I finally picked up a postage scale and a thermal label printer to make shipping easier. I can prepay postage and toss them in a USPS drop box any time. Should make same or next day shipping much easier for me to pull off.

…On to the next project….

Hi Hoop, i would like to get 2 of them. How can i order them?

Actually, all five are presently spoken for.

I made a whole lot of extra buttons and retention rings this run, enough for 14 more heatsinks… I just have to make some more heatsinks. I will do that over this 4 day weekend and then I’ll have 14 more I can sell. I will update this thread and reply to the PM’s I’ve received after they are 100% ready to ship. :beer:

Sorry I missed this round, great new’s more to come! Could I purchase 4 of these jewels when done, thanks Brian!

Oh by the way, is there a chance you could be making the driver screw retention style in the near future, I could use 2 of them if so?

Haven’t seen mine yet …. trying to be patient! :frowning:

Me too. I am sure that it will be here soon enough.

Bob

The last few I had shipped are all “out for delivery” today. :+1:

@KawiBoy1428: For sure. I won’t be making them this weekend though after all. I thought I had a bar of copper left but I do not.

Got mine in yesterday’s mail, thank you!

I received mine today. They are truly works of art and were very well packaged.

Thank you very much Hoop.

Bob

Got mine today, many thanks!