Battery Restriction Again? - [14 Apr 2015]

Already made a PP dispute for my last battery order to FT. If they don’t reply with clear updates within 3 days, will escalate it to a claim already.

Anyone here has any experience buying Li-Ion batteries from BuyInCoins? Am thinking of buying some samsung or panasonic 18650s for my incoming X40-L2 and a couple of trustfire 14500 for my SG5. Their prices are a little higher than FT or BG but my experience with them so far has been good.

Finally. They are all here. Nightmare has came to an end.

DX: 10 days (WINS) | BG: 25 days | FT: 69 days (1st order), 42 days (2nd order)

wow, 69 days WTF! I would’ve made a PP dispute long before getting to 69 days.

I feel lucky right now since the longest my battery orders from FT have ever taken is 23 days.

I just realized that PP cannot help you, if seller is able to produce tracking number. Even it is over 45 days late.

Thanks for the info freeme.
Just to clarify. Are you saying its useless to file PayPal claim if seller has tracking number? What if the tracking number is not correct or not even real?

Different experience, so far…. this is the worst seller for me, clearly sneaky.
https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/431?page=4#comment-608304

Thanks for the heads up on BIC. Might try hkequipment then for a few high-drain batteries. Haven’t seen any real negative feedback regarding them, except maybe their slightly higher prices vs the usual others. For regular li-ion batteries, will just buy them locally.

Not so in my experience. My DX light was stuck somewhere in Asia. Tracking number proved so. I claimed for non-receipt of goods. I was refunded.

My order from fasttech got returned to them and they refunded me. Thinking about just placing a massive order via surface mail and waiting…

+1

I waiting HKPost surface… I have great patience… I have waited 90 days DX flashlight…

Almost certainly HK surface mail to the USA is going to take more than 45 days so not sure about any Paypal dispute ability. When I lived in the Philippines 50+ years ago we figured surface mail from the USA was 60 to 90 days.

I bought NCR18650A and NCR18650B sets from two Aliexpress sellers in mid-July, along with my Fasttech order of KKs and 18650BE around the same time and they haven’t arrived yet. However, today, I did get my 4*Keeppower 26650 (4500mAh) from banggood.

The tracking services for all the 18650s that I have ordered, doesn’t really give out any meaningful information as it has either stopped in Malaysia or Hong Kong somewhere.

All but my 14500 orders have arrived. Today in the mail, I find my 18650BE and KK 26650 have arrived. That’s a total of 12 * 18650s and 4 * 26650s. That was all via Malaysia Post and ordered on 7 July.

The Aliexpress cells are no go yet.

If you use a credit card, there are different rules on imported products. In general, and only generally speaking, 90 days for domestic products and 180 days for imported products. Our cards have protection by law so unless they specifically want PP I would rather use the card

Purchased 10 18650 on 8th June 2014 and still not received. Paypal dispute lodged but they have done nothing to date, regardless of my emails for an update. DX has provided Paypal a tracking number. DX finally responded to me (not Paypal) saying the batteries were return to them twice, which it does not show on my account, so now there are new tracking numbers and the last time they sent the batteries again was supposedly on 29/07/2014 and still nothing. So I am up to 64 days so far from DX, no batteries, no refund…………no good :frowning:

Just placed an order for 18 18650’s from DX. I had a chat with “Cher” from DX regarding shipping times:

Paul: i know there have been problems with shipping 18650 batteries. I do not want to ship them by surface, as it takes far too long (2 + months). Is shipment by air still possible?

Cher: Yes, airmail as always

Paul: or is the Li-ion battery ban still in effect?
Paul: I need them in 3 weeks, 4 weeks max. surface mail is far, far too slow
Cher: Yes, dx would use a different shipping tunnel
Paul: so I can still get faster shipping?
Cher: Yes

So, there you have it. Hope for the best from DX.

For anyone wondering, I’m still waiting on my shipment from FT. It’s been close to 3 months now. I’ve reordered the items yesterday, as FT said I can return the items if the first batch ends up arriving later.

DX does not have problem shipping batteries. Got mine in under 10 days for last month order.

[quote=freeme]

DX does not have problem shipping batteries. Got mine in under 10 days for last month order.

[

Seriously?

I should give them a try then….

BUT... They sent me fake Samsung. PP has reversed the payment for me.

[quote=Flitsmal]

Just ordered button top KK 26650’s from FT via surface mail :stuck_out_tongue:

Wonder if they’ll ever turn up…?