Beamshots of an stl-v2, and others

Go to this link on page 1. Not my thread, but I posted what I felt needed to be said. I know for certain here in MO what my results are and neither of these lights will come close to throwing 1000yds. But you can clearly see which one won between the two.

Nice one ILF, itā€™s your beamshots that gave me new found respect for the TK70,itā€™s seemingly, still king of LED torches.

Thank you. I have worked hard on my beamshots to try and tell it like it really is at all the distances I show. The STL-V2 or STL-V6(same exact light-different brands) are both nice bright XM-Lā€™s flashlights and throw very well for the price. But there are some that will beat it easily. I have most of them that will. The TN-31 is on my to do list.

The TK70 is a very bright flashlight, and yes it will out throw any other LED flashlight I currently have. But I doubt it will out throw the TN-31 or SR90.

Iā€™ll add from what I have in single XM-L throwers, the Crelant 7G5, Olight M3X, Sunwayman T40CS, and Olight SR51 will all out throw the FandyFire STL-V6 I have. Now some may disagree with me. But that is according to my samples. I would say the STL-V6 is slightly ahead of the ThruNite Catapult V3 I have.

Can yo mention when taling about them why wil TK70 outhrow STL-V2, for us who are lazy t search for the specs.
It has larger reflector or what?

What about these other lights you say outhrow STL-V2. All have larger reflector? More current to XML (or SST maybe?) More polished reflector?

I forgot my EagleTac M3C4 new version driver. There is no contest between it and the STL-V6.

The TK70 is just a beast with 3 XM-Lā€™s with fairly deep reflectors around each emitter. Now granted it wonā€™t out throw your better single throwers like the ones I mentioned above. But for a triple XM-L light, it will beat the rest. According to Fenix, the TK70 is 131,000cd.

And yes the others I mentioned a combination of what you stated in your question above to why they each out throw the STL-V6. The STL-V6 probably puts out right around 48,000 to 50,000 lux@1m would be my guess. The Crelant 7G5 using 4 CR123A batteries according to selfbuilts sample put out 58,000 lux@1m. The Olight M3X I would say is right around 56,000 lux. The Sunwayman T40CS is 54,000 something lux. And the Olight SR51 is right around 52,000 I believe. The M3C4 I have I would say itā€™s safe to say is around 63,000 lux.

How about comparison of TK70 and XTAR S1 (or S2, I forgot the name).

I do not own any* 3 X XML* (corrected later) flashlight with deeper and wider reflectors so I dont understand it very well.

There is too many different data of lux-readings, different luxmeters etc. SO its hard to tell.
I had OLight M3X and it didnt seem brighter than STL-V2

(ILF do you have real STL-V2 version or some dinodirect UFV2 version with little less wide reflector??)

SOmeone here also tested Olight, Creelant and STL-V2 and results were different.

Maybe we also have to be aware that most of these budget flashlight vary, more or less, in output. Also different batches etcā€¦ SO I really dont know, honestly.
Even if STL-V2, some version, is less bright than Olight M3x, Im sure difference is minorā€¦

I have the FandyFire STL-V6 from Deal Xtreme. Itā€™s the exact same light as the SkyRay STL-V2. Rick has both, and he tells me both are the same for throw.

You must have had a weak M3X. Mine is just a hair under my Crelant 7G5. So close it isnā€™t funny between the 2.

Ask Rick if his STL-V2 will out throw his M3X.

I can show you pictures until Iā€™m blue in the face, but I canā€™t make you drink.

And showing pictures in auto exposure is doing nothing more than over-exposing the beam. And Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s what these are since there is no data for me to check them.

Use manual settings to show beamshots if your camera has it. Stick with a 1 sec shutter for closer up shots and around 1.4 sec on long shots.

This post is getting out of control. Some of you need to do more reading or buy the lights to find out which is brighter, as for ILF and I have mostly all the same high dollar XM-L throwers and we have done our homework on them. I was the first to buy the cheaper XM-L throwers the FandyFire STL-V6 and the SkyRay STL-V2 and I was telling ILF how great these were for the money but to think that the STL-V2 will out throw the TK70 is insaneā€¦ā€¦

Yes I agree, and this is the first (and hopefully last) time in say this: please research your lights before you ask questions.

A lot of well known lights have reviews here and on cpf, and youā€™d be hard pressed to not find the information you want there (eg. Head diameters, lux readings, output, modes, batteries, feel, weight etc.).

I thought questions on forums are also OK :o
If someone doesnt want to answer, he doesnt have to
Also, guys, read posts more carefully.

BTW (EDIT)
UniqueFire UF-V2 Vs FandyFire STL-V6 Vs Olight M3X great beamshots :stuck_out_tongue:

I somehow dont want to open new topic just for this: I wonder how R5 would perform in STL-V2 reflector???Who knowsā€¦ Maybe performance wouldnt be so good because different light outout angles from the emmiter, maybe reflector is vbest optimised for XML and maybe it would be partly unused with XPG

I donā€™t mind the questions, but what I do mind is when a guy doesnā€™t have both lights to compare so they would know I know what I am talking about, and doubts what I am saying. It gets aggravating to the point that Iā€™m wasting my time showing you and telling someone who doesnā€™t know.

And again I will state here the STL-V6 will not out throw the TK70. Itā€™s not close regardless of the day of the week your doing the comparison. And again I will say that neither of these lights will come close to throwing a 1000yds or 700yds here in MO. 700yds is 2100 feet. That is 7 football fields not counting the goal post to goal post. Now come on get real. The FandyFire is about a 350yd thrower and you might get 400yds out of one on maybe an excellent nite. Those that try and say different Iā€™m from the Show-Me-State youā€™ll have to show me. I got the place and the camera to prove different.

And who said STL-V2 will outhrow TK70???

Aha I see, 20 posts up blueb8llz ask question about itā€” I meanā€¦ so what.

Forum is for asking questons etc, not everybody has to now each model of flashlight and how much it throws etcx.

If your not prepared to get the right answer, then why even ask? Some people it seems canā€™t handle the truth. If the shoe fits, wear it. I guess that goes back to why should someone bother to keep trying to convince those that donā€™t want to drink? Something to ponder.

And for your info it wasnā€™t blueb8llz that was doubting me. Scroll down a hair farther and the truth shall set you free.