Best Bicycle Torch

Awesome!!

I know I can't lose getting two UltraFire C8s rated at 1300 lums for $17.99 each. However, this XinTD L2 copy/fake or whatever has got me going. I like the LOOKS.. I think it would look real cool on my bikes. Also, if it just happens, not betting on it, be brighter than my Keygos Ke-5s and 1s, that would be sweet.

To tell the truth, I might swing for all three. What I don't like, resell at a loss. And if they all perform, they be keepers.. Dam this is fun. Can't wait to hit a bike trail at dusk!! Cool

Nice setup! What kind of battery packs do you have with them? Runtime? Link?

[Edit: I think I found it: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/t6-xml-t6-3-mode-1200-lumen-white-led-bike-light-with-battery-pack-set-94182. But did you replace the reflector to OP? And to which one?]

..and welcome to BLF!!

I will attest to the weight factor here is my old bike it weighed over 55 pounds and on occasion I would take it on 30 mile trail rides before I got hurt, ten inches of travel didn't help with the peddling either. The reason I recommend that light mount and the C8 is it took untold abuse while mounted to this bike bombing down Killington, Attitash, Mount Snow etc... Gratuitous Downhill Bike picture.

I haven't had a chance to test them fully (I don't drive so often in winter) so not sure about run time :/

These are two similar but not the same models, this one is with clera reflector and this one with OP reflector.

(XML-T6 is on the left and SSC-P7 is on right side, about 6-7meters from the wall ).

This is a sweet thread! ;)

On the weight thing. I think I might be the lightest around here. Smile

I am 6'3" tall and I hit the scales at a mere 135 lbs..

On Topic: This is the bike that I will be putting two UltraFire C8 torches on. It weighs a mere 17.5 lbs.

Those silver C8 type torches will be real badazz too.

My 1996 Litespeed Classic

I am into C&V bikes, and all my bikes are road bikes. I am not a weight weenie, but all my bike carry the bare minimum. No panniers, fenders, battery pack, racks, etc.. Just my skinny butt..Wink

[/quote]

As with all hobbies, we all have to start some place.. Right now, my wife uses those power beams when she goes jogging.

[/quote]

yes, i agree

cehoward wrote:

"On the weight thing. I think I might be the lightest around here.

I am 6'3" tall and I hit the scales at a mere 135 lbs..

On Topic: This is the bike that I will be putting two UltraFire C8 torches on. It weighs a mere 17.5 lbs.

Those silver C8 type torches will be real badazz too.

My 1996 Litespeed Classic

I am into C&V bikes, and all my bikes are road bikes. I am not a weight weenie, but all my bike carry the bare minimum. No panniers, fenders, battery pack, racks, etc.. Just my skinny butt.."

I am almost two of you, CE! I thought your bike pictures looked like they were built for a tall rider. 6'2", 240 (now) 230 or in cycling season. That is a sweet Litespeed, ride a Merlin Cyrene myself. Silver C8's will look good on the titanium frame - you get style points there.

Not sure what a 'C&V bike' is though?

Well, I am still in "learning phase". This is what I did. I ordered two of the C8 type lights off Ebay, that are so-call rated at 1300 lums, they were going for $17.99 with free shipping. In addition, I swung for that XinTD L2 COPY which takes a single 18650, and goes for $34.98 with charger and two UF 18650s cells. Will see how they work out... Cool

It seems like I am getting good at ordering JUNK!! Smile

C&V=Classic and Vintage

On the weight thing, my wife is an atheletic 6ft tall at 190lbs, she also doubles as my bodyguard!! Cool

Dam, I just purchased 3 more torches too, all black!!Cry

No matter, you have put the bug in my ear on the silver with the lightspeed. Going to put them on my wish list.

I can ride a 59 to 63 which is the range in size of all my bikes.

Here is one of my bikes that is a 62 or 63.

And the $4 torches,with $2 mounts that USE to be on there, I have since switched them to Keygos Ke-5 or 1s.

That Raleigh Comp is a beauty! Looks like you are feed two addictions just like me...Smile

It's been a long time since I've had a lugged steel bike. My Lemond is a tig steel frame and the Merlin is of course tig Ti. You just can't beat the ride quality of either. I ride 61 in both, 58 for my crossx bike.

You got that right with the term "obsession"... I got 4 Raleighs, all C&V..2 exactly alike 79 Raleigh Comps GS like you see in the picture, an 85 Competition, and a 85 Prestige. I commuted on the Prestige today. The Prestige is sporting the two Keygos Ke-5. Going to hit the bike shop after work, then I am going to have a sweet, sweet ride home in the dark.Smile

I put my Planet Bike 2w Blaze on my helmet. Later on when the mounts arrive, I am going swap out the blaze to a torch on the helmet.. Oh boy!! Wink

On the zoom torches on bike. The one I got, a Keygos M12, it seems to move all the way to beam when I ride. That is why I am thinking about selling the M12. In fact, I got two M12s when the other one gets here. If I don't find out how to make them stay still on the bike, I will be selling both of them.

Insert better o-ring?

My commute to work is from my bedroom to my living room. I work over the 'net. And I live in a city that's all uphill-downhill.

Sometimes I wish I lived in a more flat environment. I love cycling.

Thanks much. I am a newbie, so it is going to take a while for me to find out which and/or where the O ring to change is at, and how to get to it.. Shouldn't be hard, but I am all thumbs..

BTW, I did a flat 10 mile ride this morning. Since I got the flat stuff, and you don't the return leg I will do a couple extra miles for you.. Wink

Here is a guide on how to reach the O-ring, among other nice things. :)

Good luck!

Viktor

I just got back from a beautiful full moon 15 mile ride .

Awesome .

I am sooooo jealous. Just got home from 1:45 hour indoor ride. We're weeks away from consistent outdoor riding in the Chicago area. Enjoy!

I can't wait to move to Florida

The temperature tonight is about 70 degrees with a 10 mph east wind . Me and my crew always ride into the wind , so the ride home is easier . We covered the distance in about 48 minutes , riding on a paved bike trail .

On the full moon , we sometimes turn off our lights and let our eyes adjust and ride in the moonlight once we get out in the country .

Sweetness .