Best Bicycle Torch

Between, even though I am a newbie, I have learned fast about the JACK UP LUMENS!!Smile

Now, I would be concerned if I was spending big bucks.

From what I see and like, it is got a little more than my Keygos Ke-5s. I also like the looks of it, and the size is about right too. That is a lot of Pros for what I want it for, and this it to go on one of my bikes. I got 9 bikes, included in those 9 bikes is two beater bikes.

If this baby throws more light then the Keygos Ke-5, I am on it.

I was just getting ready to spring for TWO UltraFire C8 at so-called 1300 lumens for $17.99 each. I can get two of these for the same price as one of the above!! I dunno.. ;)

To have an obession is a BLESSING. I am early 70s, and get big thrills out of riding. Don't worry about what others think/say or whatever. Just keep doing your thing. Don't pay the head-shakers any mind.

You get big props in my book...

If you look at the brightness bin you are not going to get over 1000 Lumen out of any single emitter XML. That is why I think the KDC8 is such a good deal.

http://flashlightwiki.com/Brightness_Bins

This was my first light purchased from DX and I was impressed with it (sold it and bought 2pcs in red color )

I am very pleased with this MS-like lights, they work perfectly, only flaw is that they don't have mode memory

Cheers

Way off topic, but, all other things being equal, it is the weight of the rider and not the bike that truly matters; and unless you actually earn a living in the saddle, bike weight matters not one iota (well, except for bragging rights for the shallow among us... and who doesn't like to bust chops. I usually use the my bike is lighter mantra after my wife crests a hill before me and I say, "Ya, but my bike is still lighter". Sad. I know)

Here is a buddy of mine setup. A red/white beautiful Specialized, with Vision X dual lights using Manfrotto clamps..

IMO, pure eye candy!! Wink

That is EXACTLY what I started with. I just started communting on bicycle about 6 months ago. As time went along, I found out that it was getting dark when I leave in the morning and dark on the way back. I went with the above for about $2.50 off Ebay, and that included a rear light and free shipping. From there, I moved up to $4 torches. Now, I am up to C8 class torches, and loving it. Wink

As with all hobbies, we all have to start some place.. Right now, my wife uses those power beams when she goes jogging. Cool

Awesome!!

I know I can't lose getting two UltraFire C8s rated at 1300 lums for $17.99 each. However, this XinTD L2 copy/fake or whatever has got me going. I like the LOOKS.. I think it would look real cool on my bikes. Also, if it just happens, not betting on it, be brighter than my Keygos Ke-5s and 1s, that would be sweet.

To tell the truth, I might swing for all three. What I don't like, resell at a loss. And if they all perform, they be keepers.. Dam this is fun. Can't wait to hit a bike trail at dusk!! Cool

Nice setup! What kind of battery packs do you have with them? Runtime? Link?

[Edit: I think I found it: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/t6-xml-t6-3-mode-1200-lumen-white-led-bike-light-with-battery-pack-set-94182. But did you replace the reflector to OP? And to which one?]

..and welcome to BLF!!

I will attest to the weight factor here is my old bike it weighed over 55 pounds and on occasion I would take it on 30 mile trail rides before I got hurt, ten inches of travel didn't help with the peddling either. The reason I recommend that light mount and the C8 is it took untold abuse while mounted to this bike bombing down Killington, Attitash, Mount Snow etc... Gratuitous Downhill Bike picture.

I haven't had a chance to test them fully (I don't drive so often in winter) so not sure about run time :/

These are two similar but not the same models, this one is with clera reflector and this one with OP reflector.

(XML-T6 is on the left and SSC-P7 is on right side, about 6-7meters from the wall ).

This is a sweet thread! ;)

On the weight thing. I think I might be the lightest around here. Smile

I am 6'3" tall and I hit the scales at a mere 135 lbs..

On Topic: This is the bike that I will be putting two UltraFire C8 torches on. It weighs a mere 17.5 lbs.

Those silver C8 type torches will be real badazz too.

My 1996 Litespeed Classic

I am into C&V bikes, and all my bikes are road bikes. I am not a weight weenie, but all my bike carry the bare minimum. No panniers, fenders, battery pack, racks, etc.. Just my skinny butt..Wink

[/quote]

As with all hobbies, we all have to start some place.. Right now, my wife uses those power beams when she goes jogging.

[/quote]

yes, i agree

cehoward wrote:

"On the weight thing. I think I might be the lightest around here.

I am 6'3" tall and I hit the scales at a mere 135 lbs..

On Topic: This is the bike that I will be putting two UltraFire C8 torches on. It weighs a mere 17.5 lbs.

Those silver C8 type torches will be real badazz too.

My 1996 Litespeed Classic

I am into C&V bikes, and all my bikes are road bikes. I am not a weight weenie, but all my bike carry the bare minimum. No panniers, fenders, battery pack, racks, etc.. Just my skinny butt.."

I am almost two of you, CE! I thought your bike pictures looked like they were built for a tall rider. 6'2", 240 (now) 230 or in cycling season. That is a sweet Litespeed, ride a Merlin Cyrene myself. Silver C8's will look good on the titanium frame - you get style points there.

Not sure what a 'C&V bike' is though?

Well, I am still in "learning phase". This is what I did. I ordered two of the C8 type lights off Ebay, that are so-call rated at 1300 lums, they were going for $17.99 with free shipping. In addition, I swung for that XinTD L2 COPY which takes a single 18650, and goes for $34.98 with charger and two UF 18650s cells. Will see how they work out... Cool

It seems like I am getting good at ordering JUNK!! Smile

C&V=Classic and Vintage

On the weight thing, my wife is an atheletic 6ft tall at 190lbs, she also doubles as my bodyguard!! Cool

Dam, I just purchased 3 more torches too, all black!!Cry

No matter, you have put the bug in my ear on the silver with the lightspeed. Going to put them on my wish list.

I can ride a 59 to 63 which is the range in size of all my bikes.

Here is one of my bikes that is a 62 or 63.

And the $4 torches,with $2 mounts that USE to be on there, I have since switched them to Keygos Ke-5 or 1s.

That Raleigh Comp is a beauty! Looks like you are feed two addictions just like me...Smile

It's been a long time since I've had a lugged steel bike. My Lemond is a tig steel frame and the Merlin is of course tig Ti. You just can't beat the ride quality of either. I ride 61 in both, 58 for my crossx bike.

You got that right with the term "obsession"... I got 4 Raleighs, all C&V..2 exactly alike 79 Raleigh Comps GS like you see in the picture, an 85 Competition, and a 85 Prestige. I commuted on the Prestige today. The Prestige is sporting the two Keygos Ke-5. Going to hit the bike shop after work, then I am going to have a sweet, sweet ride home in the dark.Smile

I put my Planet Bike 2w Blaze on my helmet. Later on when the mounts arrive, I am going swap out the blaze to a torch on the helmet.. Oh boy!! Wink

On the zoom torches on bike. The one I got, a Keygos M12, it seems to move all the way to beam when I ride. That is why I am thinking about selling the M12. In fact, I got two M12s when the other one gets here. If I don't find out how to make them stay still on the bike, I will be selling both of them.