Best place to currently buy SkyRay King?

After reading what seems like a bajillion posts on the SRK, I’ve decided I’d like to get one for the novelty of it. It seems like people are all over the place on who is reliable and who isn’t. Is there any consensus at all on a reputable vendor for the SkyRay King?

Thanks!

Tmart stocks it in their us wharehouse, I ordered my king from them on a friday and it was in my mailbox the next wednesday. Their price isnt the lowest but i didnt have to wait six weeks or pay 40 shipping…

Im happy with the deal i got, and have ordered from them a few times since.

There is a thread with some 15% off friend codes for Tmart, if you are lucky there may be some left. I just ordred one from them too.

Thanks, guys! Looks like all the friend codes have been used up. No worry. Maybe next time ’round.

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/551526008-1PC-Skyray-King-Flashlight-3-Mode-2000-Lumens-3xCREE-XM-L-XML-T6-LED-Flashlight-By-wholesalers.html

$56.94 free shipping.

I bought it from there and it was packaged pretty nicely, there was extra padding around the box and then covered in tape (very neatly) to waterproof it.
The light came in excellent condition.

$59 at dx

http://dx.com/p/fandyfire-uv-s5-xm-l-t6-3-mode-3000lm-3-led-white-flashlight-w-strap-yellow-4-x-18650-120679?item=1

53.99 at DD, but might be a clone, it’s sold under the name: Kinfire,
Price is 59.99, but use coupon dino10off, and it will be 53.99

Im also want to buy… but price… :open_mouth:

Anyone know a way to buy Sky Ray King (or its clone) body only ? I mean without emitters & driver board.

because,

Im really difficult to spend around 50+$ for it And
I have 4 XP-G emitters in my hand And
I have few 18650 batteries salvaged from laptop packs. they can’t power XM-L for enough time. but not problem with XP-G

Idea is getting flashlight body and put 3 XP-Gs and suitable driver. or my own driver.

Much like that SRK design.

hkequipment sell the skyray king too - http://www.hkequipment.net/?p=1&s=e68f86979c3173568b800040f6c817e3&act=search&lang=en&favorite=skyray&submit.x=29&submit.y=14

They have two, std and Neutral White. I would suggest emailing Stanley via the contact us page and ask in a nice way what the best price is this week, you might be able to save a couple of $.

HKE have a very good rep for cutomer service, remember cheapest isn’t always best.

Guys who are still waiting to buy the King like me, just to let you know Lightmalls is now selling it for only $54.89 including free shipping:

One thing I have noticed is that the title says only 2000 lumens. Does this mean this is a different underpowered version?

Anybody knows how reliable lightmalls is and if its safe to order from them?

i bought mine from lightmalls about 2 months ago for $65. delivery took a lil over 2 weeks to california. but the light was bright. no readings but it was very bright.
im sure i got a good one. it had the orginal skyray king marking as well.

i just bought another one from aliaexpress for $55. wanted to see how fast their shipping is

Even a better price, $46 at szleolamp.com, thats including shipping!

(they are also on this forum, so you can contact them directly to get to know more, Mr Lee has been answering a few of my questions pretty promptly, which is a good sign)

Thanks for the info ChibiM. Great deal but once again I notice they are selling a “2000 lumen” King. The King was rated for 3000 lumen by the manufacturer. Begs the question whether this is an underpowered version of the King sold at a lower cost. The Chinese never underrate their flashlights, hence I am skeptical. Would you mind clarifying this from Mr. Lee?

Hi Nginx, you can contact him by email, his contact details can be found here.

Tmart’s has a NJ warehouse and they just dropped the price again…Always after i buy

oh grrreeat. now that you mentioned the 2000 lumens, i checked the place where i just ordered mine from (aliaexpress) , and it also says 2000 lumens. i really hope that this is not an underpowered skyray king.

well, actually, i also checked the place where i originally bought my skyray king (lightmall) and it also states only 2000 lumens.
i was totally impressed with my skyray and if that was an underdriven king, i wonder how the real one shines!?

Hi SparkyMarky / BJflasher / OzTorchfreak:

uh oh, here WE go again.

>>>>>>I notice they are selling a “2000 lumen” King. T

All I hear is sky ray king, sky ray king …… :wink: So I thinks to myself, I thinks, I better look into getting one for myself. But saw the discussion about different-power SRKs.

Lo and behold, one of the first sellers I hit on ebay said this:

“High Power 5000 Lumens 3x CREE XML XM-L T6 Flashlight — Original One. It is High Power version”

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sky-Ray-King-5000-LM-Lumens-3x-CREE-XML-XM-L-T6-Light-Flashlight-for-Camping-/280942855802?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item41697fc67a#ht_565wt_1164

Maybe there are different ones with different powers?

Hmmmm … My buying a SRK just came to a screeching halt until I sort out this different version brouhaha. :frowning: