Best SBT90.2 VALUE thrower? -125$

Nobody will mention T9R?
It should have best sustained output, as it has 6A CC + FET, FROM 1 battery flashlight.

the only problem is, that only level 150 is FET, 149 is CC already. if it reaches the temp limit, it goes down to CC instantly, so only short turbo from it. No PWM controller FET gradual dimming.

It’s $118.40

The L7 is fully regulated, and has a lot more thermal mass and battery capacity than the T9R, so it’s likely the best at sustained output. And it’s cheaper…so unless you really hate the form factor of the L7, it’s the one to get.

1 Thank

Not crazy about the 2 x 26650 form factor of the L7.

Also not a huge fan of 26650 batteries. I would take 21700. Much better selection.

I prefer soda can style.

My personal opinion.

By the way, here’s some Convoy SBT90.2 throwers:
https://convoy.aliexpress.com/store/1100591265/search?SearchText=sbt90.2

Convoy offers a lot of bang for your buck, but I don’t have any SBT90.2 throwers, so I don’t have any practical experience on this subject. :zipper_mouth_face:

I do have three different Convoy throwers (with other emitters), and they’re all nice enough for me. :+1:

The problems with the T9R is the same as everything from FireflyLite: order fulfillment and quality control, aggravated by very bad customer service. There’s a lot of people complaining about waiting months for their lights, and others about getting a lemon, with FireflyLite CS being totally unresponsive/ineffective all the while.

I was considering a T9R for myself because of Anduril plus the wondrous @loneoceans Lume driver, but seeing those issues gave me real pause; I then posted a question to them on their thread and to this day they haven’t responded (another user ended up answering instead), so this confirmed the “bad CS” issue for me.

And that’s the reason I suggested the TS30S Pro to the OP: Wurkkos CS is flawless, has always responded to my questions here and elsewhere flawlessly, and besides that their order fulfillment and QC were also perfect so didn’t even need CS to sort issues because there weren’t any.

1 Thank

Amutorch DM90S with 25% discount on the Nealsgadget store, the best performance of the SBT90.2 LED driven by a constant current driver capable of delivering 3500 continuous lumens at High for over 1 and a half hours.

2 Thanks

Add some tube extensions, make it 2*26800! :smiley: IMO it actually improves the balance.

1 Thank

Me neither, actually. The only lights I have that need them are the M26Cs. I run 26800s in my L6/L7. They have higher capacity and can deliver higher current.

I like them too. The 3X21D is probably your best option around $100, then.

1 Thank

I think I´d like to go for the 3X21D, BUT from Convoy´s Store it costs 86$ wo/ batteries (obviously not good for me) and shipping costs 27$. So I have a couple of questions now:
Which of the batteries options is the best for 3X21D?

Also, is buying from shop “FlashLightgo Store” safe? they offer same price as Covoy´s official Aliexpress store but free shipping.

Finally, is the 3X21D the “most reliable” (quality-populary-power)-wise option to get an SBT-90.2 bellow 125$?

1 Thank

Flashlightgo Store has very little feedback.
(Just six positive feedback.)
For peace of mind, I think I would order from a store with more feedback.
The Molicel P42A can handle the highest current of those three choices (by far), though I don’t know if you need high current cells or not for this flashlight. :thinking:

Yeah sadly I thought the same thing, I think I’ll better go for the Convoy´s store one for peace of mind. Also, the diffencence between those other batteries is like 7$ so I guess I’ll go for the best. Thanks :slight_smile:

Btw, do you all think L21B SFT-40 vs 3x21D SBT-90.2 will make much of a difference? or are they so “similar” that it’s not worth spending 135$ ?

1 Thank

The SBT90.2 is much brighter and will throw much further than the SFT40.
But the SBT90.2 produces much more heat, and goes through batteries much faster than the SFT40.
So, it depends on what you’re looking for.

1 Thank

If you don’t need a massive amount of throw, you could get a flashlight with the XHP70.3 HI emitter and a large head/reflector.
That’s what I EDC, but it doesn’t throw as far as even the SFT40.
This is my flashlight, but there are other similar flashlights to choose from:
https://www.aliexpress.com/i/2255800253418541.html
What I like about this flashlight is that it provides plenty of flood and some throw simultaneously, and the XHP70.3 HI emitter is pretty efficient and comes in a bunch of different tints.

Oh but I’m looking to add an even more powerful than L21B SFT40 powefull thrower

I mean, I already have my L21B (SFT40) and I want (dont need) a more powerful one, and IDK SBT90.2 has something that I like haha
at this point Im just 1 more flashlight collector lol
Don´t really need them at all, but IDK it’s just “nice” to have it

Thanks for all the info, I think I’ll for the Convoy 3x21D (SBT90.2 + Molicel P42A).
I’m thinking about making a comparison (newbie-like) between the flashlight I have so far, for other new buyers to have something to guide with.

Will give a look to your EDC, I might want to get something less big/heavy to also EDC, thanks!

1 Thank

My EDC is pretty ridiculous to EDC, and it barely fits in my pocket.
It sounds like the best emitter for you (right now) is the SBT90.2, as you pointed out. :+1:

lol I’ll look for an EDC, although my Sofirn IF22A is kind of light enough to EDC, but well, I’ll keep hunting for anything better.
Have also been thinking about getting a Lantern, I like the BLF LT1 which seems to be the most powerfull one (less than 100:money_mouth_face:, but I really LOVE the Olight Olantern Classic design on both the Pro 2 lineup… anyways, will think about it and prob start creating noob-like reviews, just a normal person ideas on those lights, nothing technical. Thanks!

1 Thank

One last question @raccoon or whomever knows, I’ve seen some people complain about Convoy’s choise for drivers/UI

Is it that bad? IDK much about drivers, I just got my L21B and the UI really doesnt bother me, tho IDK if its the same.
Anythoughts on this?

What’s the diff between L7 “good driver” vs L8/3x21D “bad” driver?

If you wouldn’t mind explaining in “simple” terms for me

1 Thank

I don’t know anything about drivers.
The UI of Convoy flashlights is good enough for me.
I have a lot of trouble getting Convoy lights into the mode group that I like, but I only have to do that once per light (when I first get the light.) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Thank

Got it, thanks, since IDK much about it I guess I don’t care lol but thanks once again :slight_smile:

1 Thank

That discussion is about the side clicky UI, not the 12 group.