Best thrower below $40?

Ok that Home Depot Defiant thread is too long.

Could you kindly point me to an online order site where I could order this super thrower?

Think I might need to go hunt for C batteries :slight_smile:

You have me a little confused on that statement. I’ve tested SR51’s, HD2010, M3C4’s, 7G5’s, and A60’s together many times. And they all test in that order pretty much ever test we’ve ever done. The SR51 usually tests in the 52k range, the HD2010 in the 52-54k range, the M3C4 about 56k, the 7G5 right at 60k, and A60 at 72k. I’ve tested two different A60’s and both posted the same 72k. I love my SR51, but my $15 A60 spanks it in throw. They don’t look that impressive being 1/3 the lumen output, but throwers don’t need much to do its job. Both A60’s tested were done with quality 18650’s. Both read about 2.15A at the tailcap with those batteries.
I personally prefer the flood and throw combo the SR51 and other XML throwers offer, but that little tight A60 beam will out throw anything we own, short of the TN31’s obviously.

Unfortunately, you cant order it online, you need someone to hunt one down and ship it to you, the shipping blows the cost out of the water, I know, I looked, had offers and couldn’t justify it.

The fandyfire/skyray stl is a pretty awesome thrower, as I said above though, portability, the zy-t08 just blows it out of the water, similar throw, easily pushed to flashaholic levels and it drops into the pocket of any coat you own….

My hidden one was discovered by Mrs gords tonight when she grabbed my fleece, fortunately, she just figured it was another light so its just amongst the collection now. :bigsmile:

Well I all I will say is the FandyFire STL-V6 in my test will out throw the Jacob A60. I’ll give you another example to better illustrate my point. The Crelant 7G5 V2 collimator head will probably put out more lux and shine on a wall quite a bit brighter than my TN31 115,000 lux flashlight. But it won’t come close to out throwing the TN31 for distance. I got pictures to prove it, at 200yds and out to 445yds.

That’s the same way it works for the Jacob A60 from my testing vs the FandyFire STL-V6. My camera sees it that way as well.

Case in point.

Camera settings are the exact same on each photo.

Crelant 7G5V2 collimator head 200yds

TN31 200yds

you can tell by just looking at the pool wall at 120yds which one is brighter.

Same point at 445yds

Crelant 7G5V2 collimator head

TN31

It’s a no brainer.

Don’t know. Perhaps my brother and I have healthy A60’s. I do know running protected ET 18650’s in them drop the tailcap amps from about 2.15A with Keeppowers 3400mah to about 1.8-1.9A. Ultrafires etc. also read a bit low. That might make a little difference in their throw.
This is the best verification I have on throw. A little dark on these photos, but this is what some of these lights look like zoomed in at 300m.

Here is the SR51-

Here is the HD2010-

Here is the Jacob A60-

Nothing huge between all three of them. To me the A60 visually does have the slight edge on these photos. And are actual testing at 300m with lux meters confirms its very slight edge. The actual difference between a 52k thrower vs a 72k thrower only translate to upper 400’s to lower 500’s. So visually your not going to see a lot of difference when distances are getting 300m or more.

The Jacob throws well. But again it won’t out throw my STL-V6. I can take some beamshots later to verify what I had photos of each on here before.

I would go for ZY-T08 over STL-V6…
Fits better 2 protected batteries, starts always on High.

The STL-V6 is a light we need to add to our collection. Too many people say its a great thrower - so I don’t doubt you there. Not sure if it will beat my A60, but Im sure its a great thrower. but we all know lights vary anyway.
I’m taking some of my big throwers out tonite too, including my TN31mb, so I might bring along the A60 and couple medium level throwers too for comparison sakes. I am bringing my brothers TK75 and my BTU along to see how those two beasties compare to the TN31 clan.

Well I want to see some good photos of the TN31MB.

Will do. Heading out to the park now. Later guys!

Does anyone have ZY-T13? When you will be comparing throwers, please include it if you can.

It’s hard to get A60 now. DX said 1 months ago that they don’t have it. I found A60 also there:
CLICK
I bought it by PP and after 3 days they said the same like DX. After next 6 days of idiotic emails I demand refund. Finally they dd it.
I strongly not recommended www.bestofferbuy.com

OK thanks to this thread, I broke down and ordered the ZY-T08 from FT. It’s been on my list for a while now.
Now I have a couple of weeks to think of something crazy to do to it :wink:

Wow, Does anyone have a beamshot of the STL-V6 and the T08? Thanks! :slight_smile:

Looks like i am getting the V6 from FT later. Thanks for all the advice :smiley:

I have found that having the second battery adds a significant amount of brightness. When I put a C8 body on my STL-V6 it was a huge step down running 1x18650 and 2x18350. The STL-V6 is a great budget thrower and everyone should own one.

I see a lot of other recommending the HD2010. I would be very sceptical buying one because there seems to be a lot quality issues with them. The recent one I bought from the same place I bought my first one is a totally different light. The color was different, the knurling was like sandpaper, the beam had a larger hotspot, it was less bright overall, and the 18650 sleeve was made out of cut PVC pipe and not ABS.

For under $40 the ZY-T08 and Jacob A60 are great throwers. Keep in mind the A60 is going to have a very narrow beam, which I don't find useful. For people wanting nice budget throwers I would get the ZY-T08 (mod it) or the STL-V6.

Here is a link from another post where hopefully they have a Jacob A60 in stock if you want one.

LINK