Best thrower below $40?

That’s a nice one, but twice the cost of the DX one. It would fit right in though…. choices, choices. :slight_smile:
Thanks for the link Gords!

http://www.lck-led.com/constant-current-driver-board-modes-p-501.html?cPath=37_135

I’m using one of these in a light at the moment and its real nice to be honest, not pushing too hard, but a nice board none the less.

>>>>>>I’m using one of these in a light at the moment and its real nice to be honest, not pushing too hard, but a nice board none the less.

Thanks Gords. I will get one of those … Well, I will first pull the pill and see what I have for clearance, but as I remember, the pill is mammoth.

Glad the driver has the wires attached. I solder all day long doing audio cables, but some of those driver soldering points are just too small for me to do reliably. I ruin maybe 50% of the drivers trying to get the wires soldered on. The pads are so gosh-darn tiny. Even with a teensy teensy pointy soldering tip. Emitter stars = walk in the park. Drivers = different story. Those drivers where the wire goes on one leg of a microscopic chip contact? Can’t do it.

Don’t forget to register, I think you get store credit redeemable against your order and there’s a coupon code 15OFFMARCH2013, check my post on this to be sure though. :wink:

Hey Ubehebe, I used this driver...

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1143100

...in my UniqueFire V2 clone with good results; it drives the LED at the proper level. It wasn't a perfect fit as it was a bit smaller diameter but I was able to use desoldering braid to fill the gap. Alternatively, since it's a two-part driver with the driver on one board, and the second just being a battery contact plate, you could strip the existing driver board and use it to attach the new board...

I do like those ld series drivers, the one I linked has no strobe though, at all, ever. 8)

Oooo that one looks nice too. Any noticeable PWM on the med and low modes?

I haven't noticed since I only use this light on high anyway... I would prefer a single-mode driver. I'll check when I get a chance to see how bad the PWM is...

It’s supposedly the same as the ld25, no pwm at all. The one I linked is the same. I’ve not been able to detect any pwm. 8)

Awesome, I am not bothered by PWM, but I would rather go without it. Mostly used on high anyway. :wink:

It looks like a good fit for the Defiant 3C thrower. Yet another Fasttech order I guess. :smiley:

...and just to confirm, I tested the FastTech driver the other evening and it definitely did not have visible PWM... 8)

That won’t hurt a thing. All my Panasonic batteries do that. Even the green ones.

They are shorter.

Awesome! I’ll go with that one I think. That driver, 2x18650/3xC, the Leica lenses, and my HD 3C is good to go. :wink:

Thanks apt323