Big Aliexpress sale coming up again!!

That happens from time to time on Aliexpress. You'll get your money back, but I don't know how fast. I would think in a 2 to 10 days. They seem to be very methodical about processing payments. Slow is fine by me if they are accurate and reliable, which they seem to be.

I wouldn't order from the same vendor again unless you have a talk with them and they satisfy you that they will not do that again. From another vendor on Ali? I say yes. Ali is a great price to get good deals and they have done right by me on all my purchases.

Well, the item was $5.76 (4.31€) and my bank charged me an additional 1€. I guess that’s the minimum they charge for a devise conversion… I need to read my contract!

Bank’s gotta eat right? :money_mouth_face:

Yeah… Ferraris are expensive these days…
I just noticed that the C12 I ordered for $5.76 is marked as “Arrived in France” by my local postal service. that means that he really sent the item! (I was sceptical)

HK Post? Mine left on the 26th.

I have no idea. How do you know which courier they used?
My tracking number starts with RB and ends with HK.

yup HK it is. If it ends with CN it’s China Post, NL Netherland Post and so on.

Same here. HK Post, both (one from each vendor) left HK on the 26th.

Really hoping they're as good as the original C12's. If they are, at least one of us should post a review since the vendors honored such a great price.

EDIT: Curious if both vendors are actually the same company. Not that it's a issue if they are.

When I ordered some items from the big sale I noticed there’s an option so you can pay in your native currency ( £ for me ) will check my bank statement to see if I’ve avoided the currency conversion fee £1.

Yes, please do check. That would be great. Many items are competitive on aliexpress but if I have to pay 1€ each time I order something it’s less good.

I notice you can select to see prices converted roughly to your own currency, but when you go pay it seems to always be in USD. That’s just my personal experience with AliExpress so far from the dozen or so times I’ve ordered.

I’ve checked my statement and there’s been no bank charges for aliexpress for a long time.
At the top of the payment page where you enter your details there’s a click on option to select make a payment in a few different currencies, not the one that shows on the product page.

Received my Crelant 7G10. Wow, that was fast. I was expecting terrible threads and other issues based on earlier reviews. I was pleasantly surprised. Some silicone grease and threads were sooth as any other light i have. It does turn on when you put in new cells, but that doesn't seem like a big deal. Just turn it off. Light has plenty of heat sinking. UI is not my favorite, but it's not a deal breaker for me. The front heaviness doesn't bother me at all. I don't even notice it, but if I did I could just hold higher up. Better for heat absorption that way too.

I bought the light with the intention of swapping in a XM-L2. Now I'm thinking dedoming the existing MT-G2, converting the cell holder to 4S, and maybe swapping the driver. Will probably add a little copper bridge to get the heat to the upper head faster. Gonna be a pretty cool light.

Tomorrow, I should get the TR-A9-2. This sale turned out to be a pretty cool event. I will definitely be purchasing a coupon next year prior to the big sale day. Thank you 18650 for alerting us to this event. :)

Received the C12's today. Both have XP-L emitters. One has a real nice looking OP reflector. Everything looks like the C12 except the pills. They looks much smaller from the top, but haven't pulled it yet. Appears to be solid (not hollow under star). What a great deal. Will do a mini review as I think both vendors were very cool about this situation and deserve some exposure.

Also received the Courui and TR-A9-2. They look great too. The Courui does not a have an AR coated lens though. I imagine none of them do. Anyone know?

I should have bought a few thousands of these C12… :smiley:

Received my C12 also. Nice light for under $6! Kudos to the seller for honoring the deal.

Can someone please post a picture of the C12? I’m impatient! :slight_smile:
Also, what is the tail cap current with the stock driver?

OK I received my 2 C-12s today one works fine the other has a mind of its own? I placed a battery in it and it does not work. After sitting on the table for awhile it all of a sudden comes on and cycles thru the 5 functions. I thought it was probably a bad switch so I install tail cap from working light to non working and it still does not work? Must be something shorting out in head?

Any idea of OTF output?
Hopefully mine will arrive on Tuesday.
Thanks,
Keith

I don't know what the OTF (never have measured lumens) is but it seems pretty low as the tail current on one is 1.5 amps (OP reflector) and 2 amps on the smooth reflector light. Measured 1442 lux at 10 feet on the OP reflector and 2,810 lux at 10 on the smooth reflector. Outside, the light output looks good.

I'm not found of the XP-L corona. The beam pattern has a similar tint variation of the XM-L. This emitter seems to beg to be dedomed. Probably would be pretty cool to dedome on copper and DD the SMO light. The OP needs a domed XM-L2 for general usage. Both would be very cool lights.

The driver had good mode memory. Maybe it can be souped up.