Big snow to hit New England(US): -10F/-23C on Mt Washington right now!

EDIT: just saw you posted a thread on your X5 mod(nice) so know that things worked out ok for her… figure her pop wouldn’t be working on that while his child still in trouble.

Oh - didn't see this! Yes - she was ok. Between her crying and my wife crying on the phone, it was getting ridiculous. So, grabbed the phone from my wife, settled everyone down. she spent the night at relatives in Huntington, not too far from atbglenn - I almost PM'ed him to ask him if he could pick her up!! I went the next day to pick her up and we dug out her car, could have been worse. Hundreds of people were stuck in their cars overnight.

Laughing, crying a bit. Grew up in Gold Country, used to go to YNP during winter, father always had chains, ALWAYS. Remember seeing some big snows up in Bear Valley near Ebbetts Pass and one memorable trip over Donner Pass on the way to Carson City NV. Wow, some BIG snow.

Snow back east. Hmn, let me think some on that. Some of it is the water factor, its not Sierra Gold, very heavy and dense, some of it is just the population density. Some is people just not being prepared and overreacting, believing the doom being propogated on the local news and the weather channel.