BlackShadow Darth

Price droped to $80 and $85 for the nw at Fancyflashlights.com

I love my Darth, cant use it much though. It is my Christmas present from the kids and I am not supposed to know about it. For those that got theirs what are your impressions so far. I am surprised at how far and wide it throws. Its built like a tank too.

Excellent review like always,

How many darth’s are out there ?
I know there is the a T6 and U2 version but the U2 version (which I prefer – CW) comes between 1000lm like manafont site and 2000lm for other sites,
I know that Blackshadow site gives 1500lm which probably is the right one.

Its the first time ever in the history of budget flashlights that they give less lumens for a flashlight or the 1000lm version like manafont is a different one ?

Tnx

It's been $70.80 at manafont for a few weeks.

I think the U2 CW version will be closer to 1800 lumens. The T6 NW version I have is put out 1450 OTF lumens. Add @ 10% for the CW and another 7-10% for U2 increase and 1800 sounds about right.

I forgot to post a link to my review back when I made it. Here's the link to my NW Darth review: LINK

For those claiming the Darth isn't worth the money and it's output is low, here is a mouse-over I did using CM2010's pics. Mouse out is the Darth on high and mouse-over is the TN30 on L5 (1580 OTF - it's highest).

Black Shadow Darth - $70 from Manafont

Thrunite TN30 - $240 from HKE

You do the math. ;)

So Johny 1000lm is just a wrong number and not another version ? because I really like this flashlight

Everything above 1500lm is an excellent light for me - I already have a one mode 1500lm (triple t6) handmade diving flashlight and it’s serves me well for 2 years now but I want a more handy one (not for diving) with good heat management.
I was thinking about APEX 5t6 but I like the Darth quality and modes better now.

If you have to choose between APEX and Darth only from heat management point of view ( I am living in Greece, around 30 to 40C most of the time )
which one would you choose ?
TNX

I can only tell you what mine puts out: 1450 OTF with NW emitters. Judging from CM2010’s pics comparing his to the TN30 (which has 1580 ANSI lumens) I’d have to say the odds are good you will be in the 1500 lumen ballpark - possibly into the upper decks.

As for the Darth and the Apex, it's up to you. Both seem to manage heat very well since they are not over driven. To me it's not a contest because the Apex is an ugly sumo compared to the Darth's ninja. The Apex will put out more light, obviously, but is not remotely pocket friendly. To me it'd be the Darth all the way and, yes, I'd get one all over again at the current $70 price.

Thanks for your quick respond you are right and if they have the same heat management Darth is the winner for me too
Tnx again

It’s an idea that works for almost any flashlight in the market if you want to make it a headlamp or bike lamp or put a handle on the plate – tail cap and make it like a olight X6

I’ve already made this for my TrustFire TR-3T6 and it works now with any bike battery pack (8,4 V)
For Apex 5t6 , Sky Ray King or Darth you have to make different pack (4,2V) or use the body of the flashlight.
When you want your flashlight again you just unscrew the head lamp and put it in the flashlight original body.

I believe it’s a good accessory and I don’t have to look for good and expensive bike lights any more

I think you could make some money with that idea. :hat:

Thanks for sharing . I believe this will be implemented fairly quickly by some of our lathe-bearing illuminati ...

To be fair I get the idea from this product and I believe that all the flashlights should have this accessory but then they will stop selling 2000lm bike lights for 400$

I also ordered the two plates to a friend of mine with lathe-bearing and I assembled the rest on my own (for the TrustFire TR-3T6)

I made the first photo with photoshop - I don’t have the Darth yet, I was between APEX and Darth but I am a Darth person now, I believe that I will soon upload some photos of my new Darth bike light :slight_smile:

Darth for 60.52$ incl. FREE tracking number from FT.

Ive got a Darth on the way. I hope it sucks up the same amount of amps as the others.

I finally made my project APEX 5T6 bike light , I know it’s not an Darth but you can use the same idea for it

I recieved a CW Darth today that just wouldn’t work. It had one mode only TURBO, its brighter than my Thrunite TN30 on max. I cleaned the threads, trued the threaded end with a honing stone, nothing. Strobe would flutter slightly but it was the turbo/super turbo back and forth. The ring marking is off by one notch. Oddly using only one cell had it working properly except for the notch misplacement. On for a minute with a full load of batteries the super mode gets hot. Finally opened up the electronics and found one of the five magnetic sensors, the high mode one, bent inwards towards that nice big coil. I fixed it but now its only; standby, low, med, high, strobe. I miss Super Turbo.

I think those are hall effect sensors?

I wonder how being close to the coil did that - I suppose it creates an electromagnetic field stronger than the magnet in the ring - but I tried putting big magnets near the sensor in my xtar d06 and it didn’t increase current

i think it was in direct drive so that’s why you got the “turbo” mode