BlackShadow Darth

Where do you see a guy?

Is this like find Waldo? I looked all over and could not see a soul.

I would say the Darth is at least 1800 lumensa comparing it to the TN30 on L5which is 1580. It's at least 200 lumens brighter if not more. More flood, a brighter hotspot, and judging from how it is lighting up the tree behind the main one, more throw.

I have to agree, i looked at the photo;s for quite a while not quite 2000 lumens

Trev

Yes when are you going to do this?

Check page 3, last posts

>quote before its gone. :P

Why do you keep writing BFL ;_;

kreisler has money to burn. =O

i lost too much energy on the Darth story..

it's Ric/Blackshadow people's loss. if they had continued the 62$ deal, i would have tentatively jumped it and they would've got the mooney. now i have paid the 110€ shipped for the nitecore with full conviction, which makes it the more fun.

May the greedy Blackshadow people learn from this example ;)

Got mine today. NW, from Ric.

Initial impressions:
- Looks & feels great
- Good build quality
- Smaller than King (in diameter, a bit longer though), perfectly pocketable
- Flat bezel :love:
- Magnetic control ring (works fine in my sample)
- Forward clicky at tail
- Nice tint
- Ceiling bounce gives about 77% of the King NW -> about 1600-1700lm on High
- Low equals King's Low, Med in between.
- Throws less than King due the smaller reflectors
- Slowish PWM on Low & Med (estimated to be <200Hz)

All in all, seems to be a reasonably good multi emitter pocket light. I'm happy with it.

Full review coming soon to a BLF near you. :)

Oh boy, just barely saved by that nasty PWM :bigsmile:

Looking forward to the full review. Really looking forward to mine arriving!

Very helpful, thanks for your first impressions!

Btw, if NE1 wants to buy the TM11 (tiny monster nitecore) instead, a few copies are still left with FREE international shipping for 150US$ total, just drop me a PM for details. If Gun Safari continues to sell off at this rate, all copies will be gone for good by the end of coming week, my estimation. perfect timing, since then dealers will get the TM15 in stock!!

Mine is in transit also, cant wait.

My Darth just hit Philadelphia after sitting in NYC since the 24th. It just may be in my hands tomorrow. W00T!!!

we could tell how pumped you are lol!

crossing fingers for your and our shipments of stuffz..

8)

This and
- Throws less than King due the smaller reflectors

Is what scares me away.

The King is already to floody for my taste.

Got mine yesterday and im delighted so far.Its not a King,Its not a TM11,though it does feel more like the TM11 in the hand as its more compact.Feels nice to carry and use.The control ring is quick to change with no fragile feel on mine,feels like ball bearings at work when turning to select.One note of slight caution.When unscrewing to insert battries,its worth being a little carefull as the Shadow does unscrew both sides of the selector ring,easy to unscrew the wrong side and reveal the inner workings and disturb the selection ring,which is easy to put back correct.The finish is pleasing in coulor,not black,more carbon grey metalic sort of.Much better in the pocket when out and about,isnt like carrying a brick.Which the King can be i find.
I havent compared by eye the King,TM11 and the shadow,but its very adiqute in its output and on looks its the sexiest of the three ive mentioned[imo].Less fiddling about than the camera type switch on the TM11.Having a perminent On/off clickie at the tail end is good[unless ya forget and think its not working as i did when trying to select via the ring without turning on,DOH].

I wouldnt have paid the higher price on principal,but glad Ric honoured the price for me and even more happy i now own this very kewl piece of kit.

DON…

Mine has been siting in customs since the 25th. Hope to have it in hand soon. All these great impressions so far are making it difficult. Hurry up USPS.

Price droped to $80 and $85 for the nw at Fancyflashlights.com