BLF A6 Driver & FirmWare Available to Buy Separately?

Good to know. I’ve got a 219C here waiting to be put into a light, and a FET+1 driver to go with it. I may have to configure it so the highest mode is lower than full power. :slight_smile:

Looking at the graphs / measurements, I think perhaps I’ll give it a low-amp cell instead. ZOMG it has soooo much more output and lower voltage! It looks like limiting it by voltage isn’t going to happen, but a cell which can’t do more than 5 amps should keep it on the safe side of its output curve.

That lower mode will still be a FET-mode so the current may be PWM-ed but still full out, in case of a single high drain battery that looks to be more than 10A, the led is way over its maxiumum. This is not just heat related (heat problems can be solved by PWM-ing to lower modes) but over say 8A the output gets down and the led is turning blueish directly because of the current.

Hey Splott-Light, if you need some chips or drivers flashing feel free to PM me, I should have all my stuff back up and running in the next couple of weeks.

Many Thanks for helping on this thread

If someone more local to us, like James at 3tronics, can assemble the parts etc., I may well be calling on your kind offer :slight_smile:

I was think'n the same thing. PWM's simply blink full power at a high rate, so the cycling ON/OFF with ON at very high amps can't be a good thing. Boy, I'd hate to return to 2-sided stacked 7135 drivers... Wonder if one resistor on the FET output would work, like so many of the stock drivers, or would it be more complicated?

It seems like the 219C needs some way of limiting the current… too easy to go past 10A and go “poof” otherwise. The 219C seems to peak at around 6A, so 16x7135 would be about the limit…

I’m going to try limiting current by giving it a low-amp cell instead, because:

That sounds about right. I just have to make sure I never feed it any high-amp cells, or it’ll burn itself out.

oh man what a pain ..now i have to go out and buy some cheaper batteries :p

wait a minute ....I have those .:P

LD-2 sounds perfect since it is 6 amps.

I think the blueish is from overheated phosphor.

The LD-2 sounds like a great driver and just what is needed, but expensive for me.