BLF A6 with X5 reflector, or BLF X5 with 18650 tube (A6 body)

Ok, if no company is interested I will draw the head myself and take it to a local machine shop to make my flashlight. The only problem is that I don’t own a X5 to cannibalize it. I could buy the driver, LED, reflector, glass and orings (everything that goes inside the head actually). Is there such a kit for sell?

Does anyone have a schematic on how everything inside the head is assembled? Then I could draw without having to buy a X5 just to measure the internals of its head.

No-no, stop crying man, I hope all will be made.
I think we need one of GB-starters (freeme or M4D M4X) to fix our suggests in one simple manufactoring model and count how many members are interested in.
Then companies will make their choise, is this interesting deal for them or not.
If you will go to the local machine shop you will have ultrafire quality for meteor price.
I have stock X5 drawings but they are not full (I was interested in internal measurements only).
I have one spare X5 reflector. Lots of members have made quad transformation so I think you will find someone near you that have it too.
There is no such kits available, all parts usualy need to be bought from different places.

Did ypu get a reaction from EE here on BLf or message on AliExpress?
As always give them at least 24 hours

But for parts or work, I’d buy one of the Manker X5 lights for $30 and help Old Lumens while doing so.

the EE people are even slower, I’d give them more like 3 days to respond

EE haven’t replied to the message I sent around noon Beijing time yesterday. I’ll update ASAP if they do.

Has anyone else tried to contact them?

Very good idea!
I’d be in for a 18650 X5.

I agree with Rufusbduck that it looks a lot like a SS/Cu M1 or M2 which i do like a lot… Except it will have an uncomfortable weight - with some extra punch and throw though.

I’m still new to this flashlight stuff but if I’m right it looks like you guys are trying to create a A6 with more throw. And I’d be on board for getting one if that’s the case. I use my a6 every day I just wish it was a little less floody.

Ok, I’ll wait their answer, I also hope they made this light, not only for me but for everyone. Although I am pretty confident I could achieve a very high quality result (I work with some very good machine shops sending drawings for them on a daily basis for several years now - this head is piece of cake to machine), the meteor price as you said might be true - considering I would have to buy 2 flashlights to cannibalize them plus a new head. But I am ready to do it in case they decline the production :slight_smile:

Do we need to point freeme or M4D M4X to this thread or are they already aware?

No answer yet. I sent via aliexpress as I saw they didn’t use their BLF account on the past weeks. We have contacted EE and Kronos, I see nobody likes Manker. Any other company could be considered besides these 3?

We will also be looking at this light :slight_smile:

Sorry, because I am new here on this forum. Are you from Kronos company?

Yes, he is Kronos Inc's CEO & Chairman of the board.

Yes, something of a group buy veteran.
I hope you’re interested Kronos. My wallet will hate you, as it already does, but I will be glad.

YES!
Now this is good news!

Great! So all we have to do now is wait a Group Buy topic to be opened by kronological proposing his design?

Is there anything else we could do at this point?

Basically, but please be patient. We have several other lights in the pipeline to release. I know…it has been awhile, but we are being very proactive in getting these new lights right.

Thanks everyone for your patience! :+1:

No problems, I understand and thanks for the message. Please do not forget about us, if you could send updates about the project once in a while would be great! :smiley:

There was a lot of avoidable and unnecessary drama in some of the other more inclusive group buy threads. Were I in Group Kronos’ shoes I might be inclined this time around to just wait until there’s a finished product to post an interest list thereby avoiding some of it. There are enough of them to assure all the necessary bases get covered. We lose out on some of the fun of participation and anticipation but that’s the way it goes.

I am the biggest Eagle Eye X6 fan here. I’ve built over 40 and have 10 of my own and just received 7 more hosts yesterday. That said, I also love the X5 in full copper. Now, two problems. The head size of the X5 as it is will not allow an X6 tube, there will be no metal for threading is the first issue and the second issue is that the smaller head will simply not support the amperage and heat from an 18650 cell.

I built the first X6 triple, I built the first X6 Quad, I built the first X5 Quad and triple as well. I’ve been all over these from the get-go and this is my favorite light. (Only saying I know more than a little about how these work)

Honestly, the Convoy M1 or the M4 would be the way to go for the problems mentioned. I believe the M4 has a smaller diameter head and would pretty much match what is trying to be accomplished here.

Edit: Sorry, it’s the M2 that has the thinner head, as seen here on Simon’s site.

Well said Dale but I have the feeling there are some personal preferences driving this as well and it is true that the X5 head is a bit larger than the A6 head which is already used for triples and such. The shape won’t survive unchanged the switch to a larger tube and my aesthetic and edc preference would still be for a 16650 tube size but I’ll go out on a limb and say this will still be fairly popular being so close to P60 format size.

Rubbish.

I don’t think anyone is saying literally just ream out an X5 head for a bigger tube. Obviously it will need to be redesigned, but It can still carry 90% of the looks of the X5 head and use the same reflector. That’s the heart of this. (and the edited images in the first page already accounted for the size difference.)

Also, people build triples all day long in little S2+’s with very little mass and even less surface area. No this won’t be as good as an X6 in terms of heat shedding, but it will be mounds better than a tube light.

I have a Convoy M2, and it’s a great light, but really quite ugly.

……………….

I’d be a little disappointed if it wasn’t made by EE themselves though.