BLF D80 Special Edition Flashlight? Did I miss a thread somewhere?

It has begun.

Whether this is a group buy in the works or not doesn’t matter, I’m sure we will begin seeing lots more BLF Special Edition lights.

While it may be beneficial to us that they are implementing changes and requested specifications during legitimate group buys it will destroy the collectability and value of the original lights.

Yes, they wanted to get the SKU in their systems and then they will remove it from everbuying, but not on Gearbest, which means that they are affiliated, or one in the same, since they will be pulling it off everbuying, but it will stay on GB. Like I said, I think most all the sellers are actually owned by one group and it's all just a fairy tale of deception. It explains a lot as to how all these sellers have the same stuff and they use each other to start price wars. It's easy when it all is going in the corporate wallet.

The more I learn, the more I hate to deal over there, but there's not much choice.

+1 and most will still buy it anyhow.

this “BLF D80” is news to me. :stuck_out_tongue:

I bought the BLF X6 and have to find a driver that will fit, but in future i plan on buying a zebralight, when i have money of course

They keep using 3C because it may be cheapest NW for XM-L2, not because we really want that tint.
At least we attract some manufacture to make it more like our preference, imo hide strobe is better so can accommodate user that need it.

I want 4c :frowning:

Oh cool a D80 special on the way, that sounds nice. But I’m more thrilled to get the 26650 one. On a single cell 26650 offers the best performance/usability IMO. Especially since the Vf of the newer emitter gereration is a lot higher.

After applying for the trademark, he then needs to hire lawyers to go to China, or hire Chinese lawyers, to defend his claims in court. You can trademark all you like, its only worth the lawyers you can pay to defend it, and the laws of the land you wish to prosecute it in. This …ummm… well think about how much hassle and outlay is involved for SB to start to pursue it? Let alone making it work in Chinese law if you did pursue it. At best, he could hope that shipments into more trademark friendly countries would be seized, but you would need to know which shipments in order to request the seizure, and win a case to rely on for breaches of trademark.

Apart from being cheaper, what makes it ‘special’ compared to a regular D80 ?

When it comes to custom work, it's ok to copy others work, just make sure you copy the best! -Corky Bell

Sorry for the confusion guys, it was such a deal on a killer light, but they only had 2000 in stock. So, I started a group buy, but I got a bit carried away and ordered them all for me!! I figured it would feed my budget light addiction for a few years. If anyone would like I may be able to spare one or two.

:Sp

Time Stamp: 4-1-15

The BLF name was around a long time before this forum, in Australia everyone over 30~40yo remembers the ‘*B*uilders *L*abourers *F*ederation’ :Sp
Just do a google on “blf” there are more :wink:

Cheers David

Did they trademark BLF?
Not that it matters anyways, no one in china gives a continental about trademarks

I remember ‘Normie’ … however in relation to lights, Im not sure BLF has existed in relation to torches or forms of light, and it could still be trademarked. But as said, it helps little when those you wish to protect against live in China.

As far as I am aware it doesn’t matter if the product/business is different, the new kid on the block would have to prove they were not capitalising or benefitting in any way by using the same or even similar trademark.
But in the long run it matters not as there are a few registered ’BLF’s anyway.
http://trademarks.justia.com/search?q=blf&category=49
So the oldest one would have to take all the rest to court if they wanted to stop the new kid, a lawyers idea of heaven :wink:

Cheers David

If someone here [SB] is going to trademark / copyright a logo I think it should be a more “artsy” (or graphical) looking logo than a couple lines of text. Make it something worth fighting over.
A custom graphic will also be harder to reproduce perfectly than literally 2 lines (17 characters) of whatever standard font used now so it could be easier for us to spot fakes right off the bat.

Just my 2¢

let’s go high tech. hidden branding using UV paint, and etched micro printing on the bezel.

If the idea is to go big then the logo must be done in Trits!

Trits or GTFO