BLF D80 Special Edition Flashlight? Did I miss a thread somewhere?

:smiley:

You answered your own statement, there are several registered BLFs anyway, there would not be so many if it was not allowed under trademark laws. Its complicated, but in general differences changes a lot. To infringe there must be a likelihood of confusion, or if there is harm to the trademark holders reputation. A quick google gave me these examples. Dominos Pizza can not stop Dominos Sugar, Dove chocolate and Dove soap, Finlandia Vodka and Finlandia cheese as there is no reasonable risk of confusion on branding. Coca Cola makes a lot of stuff, merchandise not simply lolly water, so a bicycle or a flashlight or even a shed branded as Coke would probably be a violation as the public could easily assume they are from (or made for) Coca Cola.

A recent success in Australia was Crazy Rons v Crazy Johns. Ron lost. (both mobile telcos, both now gone) However both were trading for years.

Heck, how hard is it to program a laser label-cutter, anyhow?
I’m surprised we’re not seeing lights with serial numbers, or even owner-customized engraving, as an available option.

Sunwayman used to have serial numbers. XTAR still do at least on chargers, that can be used to verify its legitimacy online, it will tell you if that number has been looked up on the site yet.

And bearings on the tactical grip so I can spin it up like a disco show.

Or maybe the BLF logo, so when the light is on it shines BLF up into the air like a Batman beacon! :slight_smile:

That is what I thought but I bought one anyway. Surprisingly it is very comfortable in the hand.

Count me in on this one

and you saw this, right?
http://www.everbuying.com/product772325.html

I was just gonna say how amazing it is to be able to buy something that hasn’t even been designed yet.
Truly this Everbuying company is working far out in front of the cutting edge of technology.