BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

That’s kind of Manker’s MO. The clips were too tight on the BLF A6, too. I just bought a U11 - clip’s too tight. They just can’t seem to bend those things properly. I’ve never heated one but sometimes you can very gently bend it outward enough to loosen it up. I did it with my U11 and its workable - not perfect but better anyway.

Got an Aluminum set today and noticed the X6 3B box has the word Test printed near the bottom of the sticker.
Light looks awesome, not a mark on it, but do notice that the lighted tailcap is only about half as bright as the one on the SS/Cu X6.

I am delighted by this, as those tail caps are bright in a dark room, this one is perfect.
Also the tint is just a tiny shade warmer than the SS/Cu one which is great as well.
Wondering if anyone else got one like this?

Absolutely love the X5 in Alum, so lightweight and so perfectly sized.
This flashlight sold separately should sell in the thousands with just a clip rework to allow it to go deep carry on thicker fabric.

Thanks Krono and Team BLF!
“Carpe Noctem”
Keith

My X6 seems to be stuck in muggle mode too, but my X5 works perfectly. Have you tried both of your lights.

My alum set came in today too. Charging up my 30Q’s. I want to have them fully charged to compare my Kronos x6 to my EE x6 xpl hi with blf a6 driver.

My clip is the same as everyones but it is still in the bag and will probably remain there. I'm not a big clip on clip kinda guy, just don't trust 'em, and certainly not with lights this hefty! Judging by the hole spacing butt to butt against my sinner, the sinner clip will definitely bolt on, and the Convoy pocket clip will work with a minute amount of filing on the inner side of the bolt hole of the clip itself. I digress...

My tinkering side got the better of me, and I really wanted to play with the firmware, so a couple quick taps of the soldering iron and I swapped the X5 driver into the X6! I got it set up to 2 modes+moonlight no memory ascending order just the way I like it!

Before I swapped drivers I put a regular tailcap in to see if the lighted tailcap was messing with the driver and it just did the same thing, tap 16 times, flash once, stutter and go to high mode.

Any chance of moving this to the thread for this driver’s design?

Also, any chance you’d be willing to do some designs of your own? BLF always needs more circuit engineers. :slight_smile:

Great. So that means that because this stuff is so cheap and easy that you are willing to make these SS/Cu sets stateside for the same $85 (without the box). I am all for that idea. Hell, just remake the Cu X5 for 50% of the set (complete light $42.50 or complete hosts for $20.00) I am more than willing to start with 5 hosts.

Most of these where damage is being claimed is magnified and not readily visible. I have seen two with really bad tailcaps and bezel that have zero excuse. I understand handling but we all know that is not how it works over there. Over there it is production production production. Unless the shop is complete CNC and there is a hell of deal on tooling, the only way I can see this done is of you go in and do it for free after hours.

... I'd be in for a ~$20 Cu X5 triple host (less machining of the head so no spacer is needed to fill the gap) machined in the USA. That would make for a roughly ~$60 triple Cu X5 depending on which LED/Driver you go with.

Bugsy you were the first person when I posted about my lights having scratches, wear marks, bad threads on both caps that i was blowing everything out of proportion, basically saying to us buyers blank you. I do know what iam talking about my company works on the lowest 5 dollar part to the muti million dollar prodution. I would have no problem talking with the team about making lights as long as you weren’t involved, I don’t think I could work with you.

095 of 400 is in Oregon, USA.

Was everyone’s package well protected?
Mine was a non-padded mailer; 2-wraps of thin foam; and a cardboard box.
Unfortunately, my wooden box got chipped on the backside lower corner.
This happened in shipping since I found the chip, but is wasn’t protected nearly well enough.

But I did get 2 clips uninstalled for those wondering where their clip is.

I may also have an issue with tint. This seems way to white for a B3.
On the X6, I see a very!tight hotspot but the center is yellow. The X5 is also a very nice small hotspot but it is all white.
Any easy way to confirm?

Where can one buy just an x5 by itself?

Stopped my mail last week and went to the PO today and sure enough the package was here. In spite of foam around the box one corner was crunched a small amount and a couple small dings in the head and tail of the X5(nothing that won’t occur from normal wear on copper) but the knurling on both is fabulous and I lucked out a bit getting s# 019. Because of the larger X6 head there’s enough room for the X5 to dislodge and fall into the X6 even with the box closed. This wouldn’t happen with a single boxed light or if an extra piece of foam were added over the smaller light. Clips, lanyards, extra o-ring for each included as well as black and pink button. Love the blue tail cap glow. Both fired up just fine. Kudos to the gang, very impressed, mere words cannot express etc, etc. :beer: double fist pump, you get the general idea.

Absolutely. I would be in for both...not just triples and quads. Let's not forget the AL X5...maybe $7? The problem with Cu is that the machining process is super slow and it beats the hell out of the tooling. A broken cutter will eat the profit and then some at $20. Then you have to make the retaining rings. I am not knocking US machine shops by no means. All I am saying is that even with Chinese labor these lights have super slim margins and we must use our heads if we want things to continue.

To a certain extent, I could care less if producing things like this stopped. I have more than enough lights for a lifetime and still gift quite a few. The only thing that the team gains is the satisfaction of accomplishment. The sad thing about that would be being regulated to Ultrafire hosts or big brand names like it used to be. When people start to get short-sighted and refuse to see the big picture I start to lose it.

You don't need me or anybody to do it. If you understand the production process then please...spec it, quote it, list it. As far as me being on the team...nah..the suggestion is not going to work. LOL

Just fyi, for anyone that can notice there X6 LED centering is off, you can pop off the bezel, unscrew the reflector and see there are two screws securing down the MCPCB. Using a caliber with the smaller I.D. end, you can measure distances from the corners of the LED to the pill edge, and by loosening those screws there's some slop you can play with to better center the LED. I used a thin screw driver to help position the MCPCB, then tightened down the screws.

It worked great for me.

I think all 1-250 SN were shipped like that. Not quite enough protection on the corners unfortunately. I still don't understand how the flashlights are contacting inside the box during shipping like some have suggested. It doesn't seem physically possible to me, but maybe I'm overlooking something?

Sorry Bugsy, not being critical, just attempting an impartial first impression and including a suggestion for future packing. I think the overall weight is at the root of it. Most lights I receive are less well packaged than these were but it would take much more than is typical to ensure product protection. I’m fine with them just as they are and have only seen some knurling issues for others that look egregious.

Edit: Well that didn’t work. Gotta figure out how to add pics

For every 100 people that buy something, 5 will be unsatisfied, and will make sure the world knows it. It’s not what they say, but how they say it.

The other 95 just happily enjoy what they got, but won’t announce it to the ends of the world.

The vocal minority is a real thing, but please don’t let that discourage anyone from doing these amazing group buys. These sets really are incredible.

post #4413