BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

Tint shift is expected when going from medium to maximum. The 7135-based power channel runs at 350mA, so it has one tint on all modes up to 140lm or so. The FET channel runs at like 5A, so it has a different tint. Everything between 140lm and 1400lm is a blend of the two, so the tint should change somewhat smoothly between.

As for the bigger temperature differences, I think that’s Banggood/Manker sending the wrong emitters. Out of my four lights, three of them appear to be 3B and the other appears to be 1A. All four were supposed to be 3B.

Many people reported getting the wrong tints of BLF A6, and it seems the inconsistency continued here.

BTW, how are you measuring tint and CRI? I’ve wanted to be able to do that for ages…

I ordered the aluminium set on Banggood using the code on the first page. However that was Monday and as of this morning it still hasn’t shipped…which is curious because every other thing I’ve ordered from them shipped within a day. Is this normal for this item please?

Total noob by the way.

Same here. Aluminium set 3B ordered a few days ago with BG, nothing happens.

Great news! <:-)

LINK

Will those be “better” versions of the BLF x6/x5, just like the Astrolux S1 was for the BLF A6?

f.e.:

- better finish (anodizing, threads,…)

- latest firmware (TK’s latest Bistro)

Regards,
SAM

Wow
It seems all the hard work BLF specials require for the team members who make them possible is very nice for the vendor and the manufacter.
They get a flashoholic community that backs the sale of the first orders like a BLF kickstarter program.
Sure this is greatly welcomed by the manufacterer and vendors for a follow up with a flashlight developed by seemingly the best experts on this matter at the cost of no R&D.
And tested, refined and pointed to any possible weak points by flashlight junkies :stuck_out_tongue: who were taking part in the BLF kickstarter program groupbuy. I hope the team has no problems with it.

I’m using an x-rite i1pro spectrophotometer. Tint graph is just x and y coordinates plotted in Excel.

More info about the software can be found from any of my reviews or from one of the other miscellaneous threads:

And the Kronos name is gone from them so the Kronos haters can have their cake.

I did a thing…

I thing the SS on Al looks light looks better then the AL, Copper and SS

Are they now selling good clips? (with enough space in the curve to fit over the seam of a jeans pocket)?

That looks to me like they’re still selling off the bad (squashed) clips
but I know not to trust the pictures to resemble the product too closely.
Anyone tried?

I see they’ve finally got a likely good clip available — it’s bundled with the flashlights — but will they provide them as replacements, or sell them separately?

X5

X6

Yeah, I have the same issue this time. I bought another set of each and the SS/Cu set shipping but the aluminum set I purchased on 2/20 has not shipped.

What’s going on with matching the serial numbers of the non box sets 251 to 400? Neil was to organize an exchange program or an unstated option 2.

Personally I could care less about not having matching serial numbers so I have not bothered to do anything about it, as both of my lights have good quality and I don’t want to roll the dice to get one with lesser quality.

To Alex 1234 :
It looks like your steel head screws onto your alum heatsink with no problem.
Is that correct ?

To Melven :
You only swap battery tubes, not the whole light.

I agreed before about how people shouldn’t complain about the damage. Since these are supposedly limited edition lights, I assumed there weren’t enought replacement parts anyways.

But now that it’s clear banggood doesn’t seem to have any intention of keeping the lights limited, I don’t see why they don’t have the spare parts to send everyone with damaged lights a replacement part.

I would imagine that there is a PILE of orders waiting to be shipped due to the Chinese New Year. It is probably going to take at least a week or more to get all the orders shipped out.

Well maybe but other items I ordered (like other torches/batteries) all shipped within 24 hours. Perhaps you mean that this particular item has a backlog? At any rate it would be nice of BG to let us know what is going on.

I guess this is possible but I ordered a SS/Cu set and Al set on the same day. The SS/Cu 3B(no box) set shipped immediately while the Al set still states “processing”. I also tried to order a 1A SS/Cu (no box) and was told they were sold out but would be back in stock in 8-15 days??

I’m a bit confused? So limited to 400 sets just means the blf /Kronos branding? Then after that Banggood can just label astrolux and sell that same thing? While is technically true they are not limiting the sets in “spirit”.

So how come they Won’t send me a tailcap since this is a regular production item?

As pictured in post #6337 above, I'm liking an X6 with the alum head, Cu pill section, alum body tube and SS tail though - that combo could have advantages in heat sinking and might be balanced pretty well in your hand. Agree though it may not look attractive.

For the Astrolux models, wonder if they tweaked the tailcap LED - I much prefer it in red or yellow. Amber would also be nice, but should be with a higher resistor value and should be 2 LED's, not one.

Oh, please, yes, someone figure out how to make those for sale.