BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

has anyone else tried this.? joat’s alum heatsink won’t fit in the steel light.
has anyone successfully put the alum sink in their steel light ?
does it look like a little machining is needed to make it fit ? thx

I posted a pic a while back but they Lego pretty well for the most part. The only thing that didn’t fit was the steel tailcap on my alu body if I’m remembering correctly. Every other part mated easily with no resistance and felt solid.

Edit: Repost of lego picture, I can’t remember if it was the stainless cap that wouldn’t fit the alu or vice versa, I imagine there’s some fitting of parts at the factory. Either way they are mostly interchangeable.

Or you can use the new search-in-thread feature. :slight_smile:

Anyway, here is your data so far in a graph:

Unless I’m mistaken the second voltage is just a resting 14500 cell.

+1 :wink:

Have you guys already seen the new Astrolux lights?… this and that

Yes. :slight_smile:

Now Astrolux versions are available and sold individually.

The variation in color temperature might be because of output. My X6 with a Samsung 30Q on Turbo is 5340 K but on High only 5020 K. My X5 with a protected Keeppower 14500 is 4940. With the Samsung 30Q the lumen output is significantly higher than the X5 with the Keeppower.

Of course this doesn’t explain the huge cct differences some of you are seeing.

So you’re ok with that? Won’t be long til the new driver pops up, I guess…

Tint shift is expected when going from medium to maximum. The 7135-based power channel runs at 350mA, so it has one tint on all modes up to 140lm or so. The FET channel runs at like 5A, so it has a different tint. Everything between 140lm and 1400lm is a blend of the two, so the tint should change somewhat smoothly between.

As for the bigger temperature differences, I think that’s Banggood/Manker sending the wrong emitters. Out of my four lights, three of them appear to be 3B and the other appears to be 1A. All four were supposed to be 3B.

Many people reported getting the wrong tints of BLF A6, and it seems the inconsistency continued here.

BTW, how are you measuring tint and CRI? I’ve wanted to be able to do that for ages…

I ordered the aluminium set on Banggood using the code on the first page. However that was Monday and as of this morning it still hasn’t shipped…which is curious because every other thing I’ve ordered from them shipped within a day. Is this normal for this item please?

Total noob by the way.

Same here. Aluminium set 3B ordered a few days ago with BG, nothing happens.

Great news! <:-)

LINK

Will those be “better” versions of the BLF x6/x5, just like the Astrolux S1 was for the BLF A6?

f.e.:

- better finish (anodizing, threads,…)

- latest firmware (TK’s latest Bistro)

Regards,
SAM

Wow
It seems all the hard work BLF specials require for the team members who make them possible is very nice for the vendor and the manufacter.
They get a flashoholic community that backs the sale of the first orders like a BLF kickstarter program.
Sure this is greatly welcomed by the manufacterer and vendors for a follow up with a flashlight developed by seemingly the best experts on this matter at the cost of no R&D.
And tested, refined and pointed to any possible weak points by flashlight junkies :stuck_out_tongue: who were taking part in the BLF kickstarter program groupbuy. I hope the team has no problems with it.

I’m using an x-rite i1pro spectrophotometer. Tint graph is just x and y coordinates plotted in Excel.

More info about the software can be found from any of my reviews or from one of the other miscellaneous threads:

And the Kronos name is gone from them so the Kronos haters can have their cake.

I did a thing…

I thing the SS on Al looks light looks better then the AL, Copper and SS

Are they now selling good clips? (with enough space in the curve to fit over the seam of a jeans pocket)?

That looks to me like they’re still selling off the bad (squashed) clips
but I know not to trust the pictures to resemble the product too closely.
Anyone tried?

I see they’ve finally got a likely good clip available — it’s bundled with the flashlights — but will they provide them as replacements, or sell them separately?

X5

X6

Yeah, I have the same issue this time. I bought another set of each and the SS/Cu set shipping but the aluminum set I purchased on 2/20 has not shipped.

What’s going on with matching the serial numbers of the non box sets 251 to 400? Neil was to organize an exchange program or an unstated option 2.