BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

My Cu X5 lights also had measles :smiley: , but I was able to remove the spots by using a very slightly abrasive cloth followed by a microfibre cloth.

Best Regards,
George

I wonder if they will sell switches or switch pcb at least so I can convert some of my lights to lighted tailcap.

does the aluminum body give a lot of resistance to the current.?
200 lumens is a huge difference
will modders start doing a body bypass along with a spring bypass ?

I expect there will be fairly wide variation between individual units. Some may get 1200 lumens while others get 1500 lumens. My guess is that these differences are mostly random and won’t correlate strongly with the body material, but I don’t have anywhere near enough data to determine that. I’m just guessing that other factors are likely to matter more, like how well the driver was soldered and whether the tiny individual components were near the top or bottom of their spec bin.

If other people have both flavors of the light and the ability to measure lumens, the additional data would be welcome. Not much can be concluded from a single data point though.

Thanks for creating these awesome lights.
The ALU set just arrived
Cardboard boxes OK
Reflectors shiny as they can be
Taillight not too bright
Did not dive into the Bistro they came in 7 mode
The X5 is very impressive so much light coming from such a small thing
The X6 also has nice light but non of my high quality cells fit so I have to use a 1200mAh 125mR (according to my Liitokala) Ultrafire cell.
Please recommend me a good protected a brand cell (the Panasonic and keep power do not fit, will try the only unprotected cell later (KeepPower))
Ah nvm the 3168mAh 31mR unprotected Keep Power fits nicely

And the clip of the X5 is tight but I really like that now I can have hanging outside my pockets without fear of losing it.

Thanks!

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/32103

Thanks, I followed that thread but I know Oshpark is in the US so I expected hefty shipping costs. Apparently they ship for free if you are not in a hurry.

I don’t really know, but I hope so. There are more people who want to use a lighted switch than there are people who are willing to build one.

However, be warned that many drivers will not work correctly with a lighted switch. The driver must either be designed for it, modded with a carefully-chosen bleed resistor, or running an ontime-based firmware. And even in the best case, the efficiency in moon/low modes will be reduced (quite a bit for moon). But when it works, it’s pretty neat.

Uli, PM me. I might have a reflector you can have. I made my SS/Cu a Triple so I’ve got that reflector. :wink:

And yes, the 9A might seem low on the triple but it’s primarily because I used a lower binned 3D emitter for the quality of the tint. :stuck_out_tongue:

Those “measles” are the coating wearing off and the exposed copper tarnishing. It’s what coatings do.

I love the wow factor of the copper X5
I’d also LOVE a simple 2 mode (NW 500 lumens max) pill that I could swap out when I want to use the X5 for normal daily functions.

Anyone build or thinking of building an everyday use pill w/NW emitter for this X5 yet?

I you just switch it to muggle mode you’re very close to what you want without swapping anything.
It takes it down to just three modes with the highest mode at approximately 688 lumens.
According to the Bistro firmware write-up the three output levels in muggle mode are approximately 5 lumens, 163 lumens and 688 lumens.
I’ll bet if you put a non high-drain cell or maybe a protected cell your ceiling may only be in the 500 lumen range. Just a thought…

That’s good thinking.
I may get a decent bit of run time on a protected cell in muggle as well.

I’ll try it…
Thanks for the idea.

Hmmmm, in my 2 Cu X5s that was not the case, as when I wiped them (as I described) there is/was No visible coating defect Nor is there any visible tarnishing.

Btw, following your suggestion I checked them with a magnifier, & then with a low power objective/lens in one of my optical microscopes (to be sure, to be sure ). And the coating does not seem to have any sizable defect(s).

Best Regards,

George

OOH MAN! These Alu X5 and X6 are so NICE!

That small cute blue buttoned X5 with its tight clip looks so innocent hanging on a pocket.
Untill fired up and put on highest BAM more light then a Convoy C8

I love the Bistro firmware.
normal half press moving up through the modes, and longerhalf press for down
So cool the lights can tell what the voltage of the cell is.
Only turned the memory on, groups were nice as they were.
Thanks Toykeeper!

Overal building quality excellent, finish perfect, AR coated lensen, so neat they are like the same light only the X5 is washed a bit too hot :wink:
To be able to play with the reflector placement thanks to the screwthreading.
Thanks design and test team!

Those reassuring blue switches, telling you where they are and that they are ready to fire up.
Thanks Pilotdog68!

Everything looks good, those little details like X5 and X6 on the clips good fitting box
Nice threading.
Thanks manufacterer!

Packaging was good, protective foam around the boxes inside a padded envelope.
In the end not too long in transit.
Thanks Banggood!

These two are impressive and just great fun to use.
But now I am off, the cells still have some juice in them so I got better things to do then sitting behind the pc! #gottopressthebluebuttons

Well. The coating is not Permanent. If the lights just stay in their box, they can stay pristine long term. In regular use or if you remove the coating by polishing or handling, the light will tarnish, as in the pictures.

Also, these lights are nice but QC is not awesome, so the coating may be uneven or it may have been damaged during the lousy packing/shipping. In any case, all the lights will eventually tarnish.

Miller, are you talking about the normal Al set (cardboard package) you can buy off banggood? I’m on the fence for getting a set, willing to wait if there are any SS/Cu sets coming back in stock or at least the Aluminum set with the wood box.

Yes the ALU set
In the cardboard box
I have just cooked the X5
Took very long, but it worked, now it is cooling

Greetings all,

My two Cu X5 s were shipped with clips on, whereas the SS X6 s had the clips in the boxes.
Was there a reason for this?

Also, is there an easy way to remove the clip on the X5 without scratching the light or breaking the clip?
(This may have been asked before in this thread but I missed it.)

Some people slip plastic drinking straws over the arms before sliding the clip off, and it seems to do the trick.

Looks like the Astrolux version of the Kronos X5 has already seen a price drop. Astrolux