BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

Is the groupbuy still open? I’d like to join in for 1 set of aluminum, Neutral White please. Thanks!

Have your lights shipped to me and I'll mod and ship them back to you. ;) I just need to understand how it works first. I'll do mine and test them before I mess with yours...... :)

In the photos the knurling on the Alum X6 appears to be considerably more aggressive than what was on the X6 v1. Is this something that was requested and will carry through to the production? (I’m hoping so because IMO the v1 knurling was way too smooth)

Pretty sure there was some mention of this before but I couldn’t find it.

That depends on how often you use it on max, how often you use the light, how much you actually use the light and when you feel like recharging. I tend to use most of the battery in any light I use on my walk, so it probably is not a big deal for me, even though I also like to always start with a full battery myself. I would prefer an off/on for the lighted tailcap feature, but I figure if I really care for a full battery, not screwing in the tailcap all the way is going to be necessary with this light. Love the light, not sure how I feel about having to do this yet though, probably will take a month before I know how annoying it will be. It will still be worth it for the driver and beauty though :slight_smile:

I just checked. Power draw drops as voltage drops, so the estimated standby times are a very low estimate.

I checked again on a cheap DMM…

• Volts - 2resistor cap / 1resistor cap
  • 4.16 V - 1.11 mA / 0.66 mA
  • 3.93 V - 0.93 mA / 0.57 mA
  • 3.62 V - 0.76 mA / 0.45 mA
  • 3.47 V - 0.66 mA / 0.40 mA
  • 2.70 V - 0.17 mA / 0.11 mA

So, the standby time should be longer than I thought. For a 1-resistor tailcap, probably more like…

• 600mAh cell: 58 days
  • 840mAh cell: 81 days
  • 3000mAh cell: 9.6 months

FWIW, I put the measurements into a graph. It looks like the curves are pretty close to linear:

The tailcap will be a new thing to me and I definitely want to see how I adapt to it. I think it will be awesome for camping! Normally I wouldn't want anything running the battery all the time but with TK's runtime forecasts I think it'd be alright.

I love it whenever I’m going outdoors, makes it super easy to find the light after you put it down

put me on the list please

SS/Cu NW 1 set

does this driver have attiny13a or attiny 25 ??

ATtiny 25

Seriously… it took me several hours but I had an obsessive urge to pick up this thread and read every post after deciding 30 pages ago that I knew what I needed to know and hey I’m already on the list right? This thread is like a drug and BOY OH BOY am I addicted! Seriously unreal how such an amazing light to start with could climb so much higher on it’s journey to greatness! You people are sick! And to make it worse, the sickness is highly contagious!!!

Please count me in for 1 more set in SS/Cu NW

…and one set AL NW

For a grand total of 2 sets SS/Cu NW and 1 set AL NW. I am putting myself in the doghouse now… safer there… :frowning: :~ :smiley: :bigsmile: :exmark:

I just opened my samples. I will post my thoughts later but I CAN say that anybody that does not at least get on the SS/Cu list will be lamenting that they did not. The SS X6 is a tank that would probably survive the apocalypse and the Cu X5 is so gorgeous that we could enter it in a pageant!

The AL units are no slouches either. This X5 is nowhere near a home run....it's a grand slam!

You people are driving me nuts…

So much want… So little need…

Hey PD...You did not help matters any! LOL. Your tailcap is slick as sh^t!!! To incorporate this into a production run is the cat's meeeeow ;)

BTW....have you started on a boost driver yet? Maybe something that will allow us to mod some of these into 6V lights (or something that I am not at liberty to discuss yet ;) ) and be able to use TK's firmware

Hah you give me too much credit. I didn’t really have any input on the tailcap, just gave my blessing to use it and stuck around to address concerns. And if you look at the drivers I have done, they’re all just rearranging of existing circuits. I would have no idea where to start on a boost driver, I think RMM’s one of your best bets there.

I’m just a sick dog drooling over hunks of copper that would never leave my shelf

can no longer hold back… put me down for 1 set SS/Cu CW. Mine as well complete the circle since already down for the AL set.

…. could not agree more!

I’m in:

SS/Copper, Likely WW (maybe NW), 1 set

So, it will forever be the one which got away? The book you didn’t finish? The path you never explored?

Don’t worry, there will be other fish in the sea. Just not BLF-special mini-thrower copper fish.

I love that! :bigsmile: :beer: