BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

put me down for 1 SS/Cu set w/NW.

1 SS/CU in WW please.

Thank you.

Please put me down for

1 - Al NW (or WW)

Thanks for your and everyone's hard, brilliant, and diligent work

All my flashlights glow in the dark and are easy to find.
They’ve been that way for years.
And that feature is solar-powered.
No battery drain, no problem.
I can find them in total dark even when there’s no cell in the flashlight.

https://www.google.com/search?q=GITD+tailcap+v10

I appreciate that the electrically powered glowing tailcap is technically awesome and a delight.
There are probably other interesting things that could be done with this extra use of electricity.

Two headed flashlight? USB locator? flashlight-to-flashlight telecommunications, like Gransee was going to do with the Arcs?

But for those who want flashlights easy to find after the power fails, do look in to the GITD “keyfob” approach. Simple, easy, 12+hours glow.

‘The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom …You never know what is enough until you know what is more than enough.’
(William Blake, Proverbs of Hell )

Sorry I didn’t specify there. I’d like to reserve an Aluminum X6, in Cool White.

Wondering just what glow-in-the-dark substance you use, Hank, that glows for an actual 12 hours? They have to be “charged” fully to get anywhere near 12 hours and I have yet to see a GITD product that will do that. And most people have a flashlight in a holster, a bag, in the glove box, away from the very sunlight that would charge the powder or whatever, so it doesn’t glow at all or only feebly.

For example, my wife used to have migraines really bad, so I have 5% limo tint on our bedroom windows. The GITD tail caps will never charge in my room, insufficient light. The fancy Titanium GITD fob I got for my birthday that’s rated for 12 hours after charge, well, my keys are in my pocket of course, the fob never got charged. I dug out the GITD and put in a Trit. :wink:

There are a lot of scenario’s where the lighted tail cap comes into fruition. Equal or more scenario’s where the GITD boots fail.

Not really a fan of either one. I like simply knowing where my light is and grabbing it from muscle memory reflex. :wink: Why? Because if there’s an intruder in the house and I want to sneak up on him, I don’t want anything on or about my person glowing brightly and giving away my position. Maybe it’s just me. Maybe it’ll never happen, but once would be the last time, right?

GITD: the “v10 green” version of strontium aluminate (which charges in 15-20 minutes in indirect daylight) is still quite visible 12 hours later, on long winter nights. As Wikipedia says there, compared “to its predecessor, copper-activated zinc sulfide; it is about 10 times brighter and 10 times longer glowing” — really quite surprising, in the “V10” green formulation; other colors are not as bright. It’s unique.

There’s nothing like that available in the “tailcap” and “O-ring” soft plastic materials, which are probably the older zinc sulfide material.

I have the V10 green (from “glow inc.) in little acrylic tubes (”GITD keyfobs” that a CPF guy used to sell occasionally) and also bought as a liquid painted on the edge of the steps outdoors.

It’s noticeable, though not stunningly bright, in ordinary nighttime (city, indirect) glow.
When the power goes out, it’s plenty bright for what’s needed, and does indeed last all through a long winter night.

Remember these don’t charge fully with a brief exposure to a white or UV flashlight; with that they glow really bright for a few minutes but drop off fast.
Hanging on a hook indoors with daylight through the windows — indirect — is plenty to bring them to all-night brightness. (And obviously the situation you describe — intentionally very dark room or closed bag — won’t.)

I have hooks on every light switch plate, and flashlights on most of those.

Sorry for the digression.

Might as well put me down for another set of each in NW, for a total of 2 of each.

Sounds like a lot of work. :weary: I’ll just take a lighted tailcap and remember to change the battery every once-in-a-while. :wink:

Thanks Hank, looking at the 5 gallon budget buy. (NOT!) lol

Def wanna try some, wonder if it’s the same thing from Amazon?

Edit: Fulfilled by Glow Inc. purchased on Amazon. :wink: Green and Blue will be here by Friday. :slight_smile:

I have some green v10 glow fobs, but I find that they’re not very useful for the reasons Dale mentioned. I also have a container of green v10 glow paint that I intend to use to paint the flower petals on my bonzai tree light… if I ever get around to actually doing it. Need to do some serious dusting first. And I think I need to add some thinner to the paint since it’s old enough to have thickened.

The glow-in-the-dark materials I’ve used, even the green v10 ones, usually look dim compared to a tritium vial. And they all pale compared to an actively lit switch.

This lit tailcap is the first time I’ve had anything like it. And so far I think it’s pretty awesome. Aside from looking nice, it also works as a firefly mode when I want to navigate in the dark. It’s much dimmer than moon mode, but it’s still enough to get around the house without tripping on things.

I have no idea how much items like this would cost at normal retail price, but looking at other items I’d guess probably at least $150 each for the steel and copper models. Getting both for … what was it? Like $85, I think? … that’s an absolute steal. People are actually selling the BLF A6 for more than that.

Yep. Less bright than a small jar of freshly caught fireflies. (Lower maintenance, tho’)

Using the tail-light for moonlight-getting-around is a feature worth having on these lights.
They aren’t “hang one in every room” flashlights.

I probably will try a dab of the GITD paint over the blue LED in the tailcap; that ought to shift the light color more to suit me.

For the record I think the actively lit tailcap is cool. I think it fits a specific need. Some people are going to like it, others don’t need it. I’m in for a set of HA AL, and considering adding a second set for my Dad.

I don’t understand the people who are actively against it. Sure it was an added feature part way through, but if you don’t like or want it, you have at least 3 options I can see.

1. Don’t order it.
2. Order it and ship it to one of the several people who have volunteered to disable the tail light.
3. Order it and disable the tail light yourself.

I can’t see a good use for a UV light for me, so, no matter what a good deal on a group buy may be, I ain’t gonna buy one. I ain’t gonna ask that the GB add a regular LED option either.

It’s a further opportunity for the Manker folks to, er, shine.
They have many opportunities here — more than I could list.
They’ll deserve the attention they get from these lights.

FWIW, you can also use a common GitD boot:

Ooh, I like that much deeper blue color on the right. How did you achieve that? What’s that look like in daylight?

That’s the light pink boot the samples shipped with.

I think they’re getting some clear ones or maybe white ones for production, but I haven’t heard any confirmation about what they were able to obtain.

Huh, wow. That looked different than the other pics you all have posted. Thanks for the confirmation though.

If for some reason I decide I no longer like the glowing switch, I’ll just put a black boot in as suggested earlier. Perhaps they can ship with a black, clear/white, and blue boot (for a deep blue color)?

Yeah I’m really liking the pink boot light production of a purple blue. A question I thought I wouldn’t ever be asking: where can we get some pink boots?