BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

These are looking really good to me.

I’d just like to say that personally what I love about the BLF A6SE firmware is the equally spaced modes (as far as perception goes).

Thanks

+1 on Ronins idea about the switch-boards.
But we will also need a source for clear switch covers to upgrade other lights.

That is one thing I hope happens as a result of this. Our other sources for the 16mm clear boots appear to be drying up.

I just hope all of you asking for the lighted switch boards to be sold separately know it won’t be a drop-in replacement for all of your other lights. It takes some fiddling.

I want to thank everyone who has had a part in creating these lights! I haven’t even received them yet, but I’m so excited about getting them. Every time I pick up my phone I look to see if there is new info or pictures. i can’t wait to have these lights in hand!! Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication!!

Will these work ?

http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1793

Hi.
Can you please remove one of my al sets #176 and add one nw ss/cu set. Sorry to keep changing but with the switch options the ss cu is a go for me again. I have deep respect of the effort you folks are putting in to this project. Thank you so much :smiling_face:

Yes, they will, but I have the impression that Rik is getting more unreliable lately: he was never a fast shipper (and never gave any shipping info) but eventually everything arrived, but now I'm already waiting forever for an order (placed months ago).

The last person that ordered those from Ric received 14mm and was notified the 16mm was out of stock. That was my previous source.

I’m breaking down…

I’m in for a NW SS/Cu set.

Someone tell me why I don’t need the Al set too.

Put me down for another SS/Cu set, this time in CW, please! :money_mouth_face:

FWIW, all the plumbing is already built in for ramping. The only thing it lacks is an e-switch to provide a decent ramp interface. However… the thermal regulation, low-voltage protection, and “soft start” all use ramping based on an internal curve with 64 individual levels. So, when it steps down from the highest level, it will go from level 64 to level 63. Then if it’s still too hot, it’ll drop to 62. Then 61. Etcetera. When the temperature is back under the limit, it’ll stop going down (and might even go back up if possible).

Add an e-switch (and perhaps a tiny45 or tiny85), and it’ll be able to do full ramping too. Probably with 128 steps instead of 64, thanks to those MCUs having more space. I just need to get myself a driver with one of those, and write the rest of the code for it.

As these thread get longer, it gets harder and harder to find answers in them. That is my apology for asking yet another question. I’m sure bins are as yet unknown(?), but has it been confirmed that all tints will be HI emitters? Thanks.

HI, that’s the plan, yes.

But here we are close to finalization and the desired tint and power bins are difficult to find in the quantities we need. So it’s being worked on by multitudes of people, scrambling, digging, begging, all over the world. :wink:

Take yer time, please.

I’ve seen scramble done before.
That rushes decisions worth pondering.
And encourages substitutions instead of solutions.

OMG, when TK is happy BLF is happy!

I say waiting patiently is worth it… However, it would be great if production could start in time for Christmas.

Yet another Al NW for me please

Also much prefer to wait for XPL HI if finding stock is a problem

The reflectors are shaped and placed to optimize the throw for XP-L HI. It needs a dome-less emitter in order to work correctly.

It’s really just a matter of finding the right emitters in stock somewhere.