BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

And I thought it was the engraving that was down-side-up :wink:

Great looking flashlights. I wish I was allowed ( by she who must be obeyed ) to add myself to the list.

Krono, how about also engraving them with X5 or X6?

ie: KRONOS X5, & KRONOS X6

Thank you Very Much,

George

keengeorge, DB Custom, 1dash1, bugsy36, thank you! Youā€™ve uncovered the driver unknowns for me, pretty much spelled it all out, but youā€™ve also given me all I need to research more.

Iā€™m in N. America and right-handed. Will all the sets be engraved upsidedown, or is that just for lefties, Aussies and Kiwis? jk, nice work.

I canā€™t believe you didnā€™t go with Nitecorn!

For the SS is that the coating making it look... Titanium grey? Or just the background/lighting? It looks absolutely amazing.

yes, coating, but also the background/lighting make it look like grey

Sheā€™s a beaut!

It looks like they shaved down the knurled portion of the bezel a bit and also got rid of the small gap between the SS tube and Cu heatsink.

Awesome! Love the brand name on it too - gives it a unique identity among so many X6 varieties out there. I assume the Al versions will have the same brand name on them.

I assume the hosts we are looking at in these latest pics are the final version.

Great job everyone!

Looking sexier than Jessica Rabbit! :stuck_out_tongue:

I absolutely love the font used for ā€˜kronosā€™, it gives an almost 3D look in that lighting. Is this the start of a new custom line of lights? :wink:

ā€œThe Incrediblesā€ immediately comes to mind

1) SS/Cu X6-SE v2 XPL-Hi
2) NW
3) 1x
4) no box.

When is this light available :smiley: (is it possible for custom serial number e.g. pick my own ?)

New member really wanting to get in on this GB. Are these already in production? Do yall know how long before i would recieve a set of AL-Hi?

Bugsy36 designed the Kronos logoā€¦cool huh? Talented dude!

This GB is still OPEN. The lights are not complete yet, but close. We are working on some final driver issues and some other small items that always seem to come upā€¦lol. I donā€™t really have an estimate for you timewise. I will keep everyone advised, though. I will add you to the interest list if you like. What tint?

lol they are all going to be engraved KRONUS? :Sp

I appreciate all the work that you did - I REALLY doā€¦ BUT I donā€™t like how BLF users find the need to brand their customgroup buy lights now. kronological is doing it with KRONUS and WWEFANS is doing it with REYLIGHT. I find it disgusting, but my desire for copper trumps my disgust.

Put me down for a set of AL - NW - XPL Hi

The hope is that we can logistically get you the S/N (the number that shows beside your name in the interest list), but there are no guarantees. We will try and hope for the ability to do so. :slight_smile:

You might want to put your glasses on and re-read the logoā€¦lol

Another perspective: I think a flashlight needs a brand. Any brand is better than being unbranded, I think (as long as its a factory light I guess). My personal preference is that the original factory brand remain along with a ā€œBLFā€ tag of some sort, to differentiate the light from the normal production. Thatā€™s how it used to be done around here. Rey is removing the factory brand in exchange for his own and Iā€™m not wild about that either since what heā€™s currently offering are simply factory lights with some upgraded guts.

But these lights are different. They donā€™t have a factory brand. Yes theyā€™re being made at Mankerā€™s facility, but thereā€™s nothing Manker in these lights. In that sense, Manker is simply a contractor thatā€™s been hired to build them, and in that case I think its perfectly appropriate for them to get a brand name for the designer who made it happen. So from that perspective, I think its great that theyā€™re branded ā€˜Kronosā€™ instead of Manker or being unbranded, because thatā€™s what they are - Kronos custom lights made by a Chinese factory. Absolutely no different from 47s contracting with Olight to build their lights. Nobody complains that it doesnā€™t say Olight on their Quark.

Theyā€™re called Reylight because he is the one who makes the lightsā€¦. Or should someoneā€™s elses brand be engraved in there?

Bugsy - You are kidding right?

This is nothing new but definitely deserving for the amount of work involved. For the record...the branding was my idea and for that matter you or anybody can do it too.