BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

http://mankerlight.com/index.php/en/products/16

My lips are sealed

Cute to see they’re already featured at Manker.

Ya know, copper with letters already cut into it is the perfect base for colored enamel glazing ….

just add the powdered material and heat til it fuses to the copper ….

I think that KRONOS is playing the LOOOONG game.

With the TSA’s panties in a knot over the ‘Exploding Hoverboards’ they are cracking down on travel with Lithium batteries.
Therefore when KRONOS travels he will not be able to take his flashlights with him.
So, he has arranged for several hundred flashlights to be distributed at no (monetary, lots of work though) cost to himself all over the world.
By including his (user)name on the flashlights he can now simply lay claim to a light anywhere in the WORLD!!

BLF member - “Officer! This crazy looking scruffy guy with the funny hat just stole my flashlight!”
Cop - “Sir is this true, is this your flashlight?”
KRONOS - “Of COURSE it’s my light, its gots my NAME on it, SEE?”
Cop - “Ah, right, I see well, carry on then.”
BLF member - “D’oh!”

Interesting indeed. I think we all expect Manker to continue selling these lights after the buy completes in one form or another, but I’ll be pretty disappointed if they’re exactly like the Limited Edition lights, right down to the LE engraving.

Ummm. I’m cool with the branding but weirded out seeing them at Manker. It is limited to 400 right?

one correction, Haterade, NOTHING is sexier than Jessica Rabbit! :wink:

Don't everyone get ahead of themselves about the Manner website.

Will the name brand be “Kronos” for the Al sets as well?

Thank you,
-Chuck

Yes

From what I can tell Manker is merely highlighting the work they did for BLF, and I can’t blame em for that not one bit, the lights are gorgeous!

Bingo!!!

+1. They should be proud of their work.

He made the copper tools from his group buy? I thought they were identical to the other copper tools except they have a L-M-H non-PWM driver.

Whatever - if BLF users feel the need to brand lights in order to deliver copper lights to the BLF community, I guess that’s just how it is. I thought the BLF branding was cool enough, but I guess each user needs to have their own branding to feel validated.

One vote for “KRONOSFIRE”. :bigsmile:

Hi all, If they’re still available, I’d like to get the Special Edition, Stainless Steel with Copper version with XP-L Hi, in cool white. Narrow Optics if there’s a choice With presentation box.

Brightlights

Eh, I’m not sure what the problem with “Kronos” on the side is. Personally I think it’s a cool sounding name if it were an actual brand. Even if I had a beef with Kronological, I think I would prefer “Kronos” on the side vs “Manker” or even just a blank slab. Kronos at least sounds like a professional name.

But what do I know anyways.

I’m very interested in this teaser hint that Bugsy36 dropped though.

Bugsy36, you mean you DON’T think he’ll want to walk away, right?
As far as branding, it doesn’t matter to me at all. I think it’s kind of cool to have your name on something if you did a lot of work to make it happen. I actually like it. Regardless of what it says on the side though, it is still an awesome light that I can’t wait to get. Even though I’m just getting aluminum, the performance and features should be the same, or similar. These lights are going to rock. They, to me, will be the best “stock” lights available, ever (so far…).

Bugsy - To you it may seem like validation but it is not. Branding is about identity. As many X6's that exist now there needed to be a way to distinguish. It was either brand them Manker or brand them Kronos. "I" and not the group, and especially not Kronos, pushed for the identity. I sure as hell was not going to endorse something that meant nothing and to me "this" brand means something.

The BLF X6-SE changed a lot of things. The BLF A6 rode that wind to something that NO OTHER light has ever achieved. Those two alone brought about the BLF D80 and this X6/X5. NONE of which would have been possible without the help of this and the other two groups. The thing in common of all three groups is Kronological on the front line and thus "my" idea of the identity of Kronos.

Kronos has two different meanings. The first is "the year". The second is "time". The last year+ has been the year to change time.

Kataleves??

Thank you! Corrected. I never claimed to be able to type. LOL