BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

Great! What more can we ask for! LOL

Please... keep talking. This is the kind of conversation that I like to see. It spurs ideas.

As for Kronological (the team member) -The naming was not up to him, nor chosen by him. It REALLY was ME. What many do not know or understand is that while we do have a team that works on these things we still do not vote on everything, even among ourselves. There is just not enough time to do that. Each has something that they are good at and while we consider each other we also give that person Carte Blanche.

TK does the coding. TK also asks us questions. In the end though it is TK that decides what will and will not be in that UI and all any of us will say is "thank you ma'am..err your majesty". LOL. Dale does the majority of the modding and that same rule applies. Kronological has his part, JM has his, and I have mine. The reason why do things this way is very simple. We all have the same goals and we all have such a respect for each other and the process that we entrust and encourage each other to do "our thing".

While we often ask questions on the forum it is not a forum vote as much as it is "what flavor ice cream do you like". If we had to get forum approval for everything then nothing would ever get done. LOL. With that said, we have to make decisions and we do and will continue to do so.

I cannot say anything about any of those names (not that any are bad)...but you have now spurred the thought of a "B-52" or possibly better yet "SB-52".

if possible no clip
or at least not attached

The problem with open thought, while it does inspire creativity, is that it might inspire it in the wrong places. You have a plan, they steal it and trademark the name on a $2 keychain light. There goes your epic plan. Case in point, I know someone in Japan that has worked very hard, many long nights, spending a great deal of his own money developing a light, epic in it’s own right all the way down to the driver. By the time he got it in production, it’s name was on another light. When brought to his attention, he contacted the other manufacturer, the name is trademarked, oh they’re sorry, they’ll change it on further production, but that name is still on lights of theirs on the market to this day. Google Search is widely used, except by oldsters such as myself…

I’d like to reserve a copper/ss set with box if any are available or someone backs out, thanks.

It’s pretty common. This just happened to be the first example I found. If I still had my Yamaha Road Star LE, I could have included a picture of its number plate, as well.

Just for reference anyone still wanting in there is about 40 SS/Cu sets available.
Get them while you can when there gone there gone.

Will there be two separate cut outs for 1 18650 and 1 14500 in the box? That would be great for storage :)

In that case I’m IN!!! I’ve been very busy and somehow missed this until yesterday. I saw the number 400 at the bottom and thought they were all spoken for.

I’ll take #377 with a box, thanks!

Add another for me, No. 383 in WW with Box
Mopar Big Block :slight_smile:

Later,
Muto

I'm personally for no brand name other than 'BLF', but at least I'm glad it is not 'djozz', it was a silly name rushingly made up when I entered BLF, and now it is the name I'm known by. :-(

This made me chuckle. I wonder how many others regret their name choice?

I came up with “pilotdog68” when I was about 10, to be my first username/email address I ever created (shows my youth, doesn’t it?). I’ve stuck with it for screen names ever since. I do not have a dog, nor am I a pilot. I just searched “pilot dog” on google and this picture was a result.

Cool!

the number 342 is double the list

I forgot to say I’d like neutral white.

Btw, I hate my screen name, it was supposed to be kind of tongue in cheek, I do a little bit of everything at work and in my free time so I’m anything but a one trick pony. It lost its novelty after about a week but I’m used to it I guess :slight_smile:

Regarding serial format, its not my intention to claim that XXX/NNN is uncommon, nor inappropriate. I am merely raising polite dissent among those strongly recommending its inclusion. I simply think its ugly and tacky. Rest assured, a simple serial in a limited edition sans limit will not in any way whatsoever reduce the resale value or collectability, in the same sense leaving off an engraving of the existence or limit of a manufacturer’s warranty will neither cause the piece to be worth less nor its warranty unable to be honored.

Entirely for aesthetic reasons, I’m respectfully disagreeing with the pressing notion of “this is the way its commonly done, so do it the way us vocal about our preferences say.” Limited Editions come in two valid varieties. I prefer the more humble of the two. If it didn’t come up in the thread, I would not have posted my own preferences and reasons for them.

Funny guys… when my son first got me on yahoo chat I was tifanatic2201, nobody wanted to talk to me because they … well heck, not sure why! lol I’m still a Ti fanatic and 22 is still the Periodic table of elements number for Titanium, 01 is when I first got online. Since that didn’t go over so well, I changed it. Met my wife in yahoo chat about 2 weeks after Chad put me on though, and we just celebrated our 13th Anniversary. Things are circular, the world over… having my wife by my side helped me get through it when Chad passed in ’05.

Started here as DBCstm almost 3 years ago and it seemed people didn’t figure out the Custom part. DB is my initial’s, Custom is what I do. So I asked Sully and he changed it for me not too long ago. I think everybody finally got it. lol The change was doable because it wasn’t much of a change, from DBCstm to DB Custom.

Some have mentioned it and I think it’d be pretty neat if our screen name was on the light with the serial number, that would really make it a BLF Special Limited Edition. lol Of course, now, it is what it is. I see now though that it might not be so neat for folks that don’t like their screen name. Also makes sense that we can’t have people shuffling their name every time they decide to, so serial numbers are probably the way to go… I don’t see why they can’t match the numbers to the buyer though, don’t they have a list already of the required tint and such? How difficult is it to match a screen name to a serial number, even if you don’t read the language it is still symbols that match symbols on your order sheet, still has to be filled, right? Beats me how they do things on the other side of the world, I guess they’re backwards as compared to here like Australia is upside down. :stuck_out_tongue:

Tint?

¡ʎǝH

I’ll take #375 SS/CU CW no box

Watch it!!

It is a well know Wikipedia scientific fact that Australia is the centre of the universe, and

that earthlings that inhabit the northern hemisphere ARE upside down, & their brain is oxygen deprived.