BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

There are generally two kinds of root beer: Creamy (buttery and smooth, A&W, Mug, Sprecher, IBC) or Sharp (with more of a bite of vinegar, Barq’s). I like the creamy kind best. Sprecher isn’t as cheap A&W or anything, but it’s more affordable than a lot of brands.

But hey, I’m way off topic now. Maybe we need a Root Beer thread? :bigsmile:

I think you nailed it, pretty much what I said but maybe easier to understand :slight_smile:

For your two elephants, I’m not sure there’s a good answer to those. At some point here the team is going to have to put a “freeze date” on the cu/ss list where no more changes can be made after that. Folks with low numbers will have to decide if they want to buy the box in order to keep their low number. They do still have that option at this point, I assume. Only then could the actual line be drawn where each person on the list is placed into one of the two groups.

When it comes to ordering more sets that a person reserved, well, I’m not sure what to do about that. The Maxtoch Sniper buy was very different since there was no middleman (banggood) involved, but that worked very well since each member’s order was sent to Maxtoch and we were billed directly from them. Not sure if Banggood is ready for something like that.

And of course you’re right that a thriving b/s/t market will pop up when these lights arrive. I’m sure it’ll be madness for a while with folks clamoring for the “special” serial numbers, at least numbers that are special to them.

+1

I pulled the data and dropped it in an excel file and have been playing with it. There are 258 box sets requested. (By my count, not the official numbers, actual results may vary.) Which means that it should be fairly simple to search the last few days worth of posts to find the eight people who missed the first 250 requests for serialized boxes. Only because I thought it odd that he wasn’t already on the list do I remember that Richard of MTN Electronics is probably one of those.

I’m a noob on BLF, but not to the internet, and given that this IS the internet, it seems like randomized individual codes, valid for ONE of a particular stock number is going to be required. Otherwise someone is going to order an extra and leave someone else disappointed.

box for #241
Thanks

the SS/CU X5 X6 GB. The lights are awesome. Thank you.

Note: Open to any serial number, box, no box, etc. but prefer NW.

Your lights will have matching S/Ns…as will ALL SS/Cu sets.

You will only have a box that matches your lights S/N IF you were one of the first 250 to reserve a box. Boxes were reserved randomly and not in ascending order, so, I will have to backtrack to figure that out…probably sometime this weekend.

If you were NOT one of the first 250 people to reserve a box, then you will still have an option to buy a box, but it will NOT have a S/N on it.

Clear as mud? :slight_smile:

Ah! Clear. I’m happy.

box for #137
Thanks

Not quite, and it didn’t help two non organizers attempted to answer the query. Folks please restrain yourselves and give kronological a chance to explain, thanks.

I reserved a box early. I requested a serial well above 250. I understand now serials are not actually reserved. Are you using the list in the first post to determine reservation order? Because that list is out of order, members requested later serials early, and members requested multiple sets, thus, though there are 400 sets only, there are less than 400 people reserving sets. So the first 250 people that reserved sets will amount to more than 250 sets.

What I’m really asking is if you have another list that tells you the order of reservations, because your list in the first post is not in order of reservation. Thanks.

No. There is no other list that specifies the date of when someone asked to be put on the list. For Krono to even try to attempt to go through 3500 post is just plain ludicrous and a waste of precious time. The first 250 will go to those that reserved boxes. The remaining 150 to those that did not reserve boxes. It was stated early on that serial numbers were not guaranteed. If that changed up the order then it just changed the order. These are serial sets BUT the main event are the flashlights in themselves. ;)

379) SVARO SS/Cu NW – Box

It was NO BOX for me.

Thanks

I understand the logistical problems, and I have made no complaint. I’m simply trying to understand the execution. What I’m gathering is that the first 250 box reservations in the order listed (but not in the order of reservation) will have matching serials. Thus if a member was the very first person to reserve a box, but requested a serial high enough, may not receive matching serials (there are only about 260ish box orders, btw, so my hypothetical is unlikely). If there is no reasonable way to actually determine the sequential order of reservation, its not unreasonable to simply accept the list as is as though it were in the order of reservation, and members will have to accept that.

No box for the aluminium set for me please.
22. DanielM Al NW

I’ve been asked to refrain myself but here I go again …. :bigsmile:

If I understand Kronos comment above, and I think I do, he does intend to go back and figure out the first 250 people who asked for a box chronologically. He said he would “backtrack, probably sometime this weekend”. I’m not sure how else you’d interpret that.

And really it wouldn’t be that hard. You don’t have to count the first 250. All you have to know is the total number (someone said 258 a bit earlier I think) and go back to see who those last 8 were.

But like always, I’m not trying to put words in anyone’s mouth. Sorry if I’m causing confusion.

Sweet! Looks like I'm for the numbered box @ box request #210

I don’t mean to impose any hardship on the organizers of this GB but here goes:

If there are only 8 more boxes to make with serial numbers on them, do you think Manker would be open to accomodate the extra 8 orders and put serial numbers on the extra 8?

8/250 = 0.03 or a 3% increase so just wondering….

Thank you for your consideration.

Order number, box order number, serial numbers, what a gas! I’m ever so much more distinguished because MY box has a serial number. Can’t wait to see the ‘random’ serial number draw. Glad I stayed out of the extra-special limited edition race to the bottom (#1 is the winner).

Nocturne - nothing taken as a complaint :)

Looks like I may have opened a can of worms with the serial# thing... I've just woke up, so it's not as if I was loosing any sleep over the matter, lol.

Krono, for the record, if I can get the #351 on the lights, that's great, but if not, then that's cool.

Is it too early for a beer? :beer:

Maybe there's some language barrier issues? The first update seemed crystal clear to me.