BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

Those who collect will agree that lower serials are more desirable, as it may actually translate to higher resale value. That was not my personal concern; I have no intention of relinquishing my set once I have my hands on it.

My intention was to eliminate the ambiguity not just for me, but the entire universe, and that is proving difficult. It is clear to me even those claiming understanding by what they’ve explained are missing something subtle, that the order matters, with preference given to first come first serve, but the order is out of order, and nothing reasonable can be done about it.

I don’t charge kronological nor anyone with the arduous tedium of backtracking through this monster of a thread to figure out the specific details of which order the reservations were made. I’m simply trying to throw light on that, that it may seem unfair to some possible few (not me) that may have requested a box early, and/or requested a set early, but set a preference to a higher serial, and/or requested early with no box. There’s only a possible dozen or so who ordered a box in jeopardy of not being satisfied with having ordered early, many more that didn’t order a box, but due to logistical constraints, may be treated as though they ordered late. I’m merely highlighting the possibility to give them a heads up to be prepared, not fuel for criticism or evidence of unfair treatment or anything like that. I don’t care so much about serial, but many do, and I have no idea if they even exist or who may be in that small group.

If you’re happy, it is assumed. But what about, for example:
6. ahirshy SS/Cu NW

No box order, but extremely early request, is apparently going to receive a serial far above #6, perhaps serial #251 or higher. My concern is for their feelings, not mine, and not any non-organizers if you happen to already be satisfied and believe you understand there’s no problem while glazing over this.

I dunno. I know people like certain numbers, but it can see it being ridiculous trying to get people their chosen need. I’m happy with numbers and matching boxes (I should be good for both sets I think). The number will not upset me whatever it is (well, maybe not 13 etc. :). )

I envision trades just like baseball cards, etc. LOL. I am surprised there haven't been any auctions to give spots on the list.

Seriously though. I know for certain that once these lights get delivered the bling will far surpass any though of a serial number. A couple things to think about are: 1) A locking glass cabinet 2) Do not piss of the spouse...these things can be used as weapons.

We are almost there!

I want a box #118

LOL…you are talking about the box right…I would hate to have splinters…lol

Please add me into the Aluminum list also, #212(NW), Thank you! The anticipation of receiving these lights is keeping me from buying any other lights, as the Cu/SS set is so awesome I just have to have an aluminum set too.
PS my last post about “box” disappearing off of #162, I found my original post requesting it(Post#3329 on 1-7-2016). I would also request a box for the aluminum set too(if the numbers on boxes is a headache, I just want the lights and then if available a box). Thank you for the countless hours of time you have invested to bring this project to fruition. This project is the reason I joined BLF(I have been on “the other forum” for years, but this project got my attention, and the more time I spend on BLF the more I learn-thank you!

I think I ordered my set late, the list was around 259 or so, and I requested 314, and a box as soon as I saw it announced. At the time of the last announcement by kronological, it was clear I would receive a box with matching serial (don’t care, playing devil’s advocate is all). Since that announcement, members obviously silently realized what I am unable to make clear.

There’s more than 50 members that ordered earlier than I that did not order a box that will receive a serial higher than whatever I will receive. But all they need to do to leap frog back into that early serial group is now order a box. And its happening.

My point is that it is simply not true that if you ordered a box earlier that you will receive a lower serial number than a member that has thus far not ordered a box, nor is it true if you ordered a box early but requested a higher serial that you will see a matching serial on your box, because if their list number is lower, and a box is subsequently ordered before the GB ends, you will be pushed further down the line possibly into the group with boxes without serials.

Oh, never mind. I’ll join the gang. I’m satisfied, so it matters not if anyone else who hasn’t been monitoring this thread is not. All is fair in love and war and flashlight group buys.

This is absolutely correct!

Except you should have said “the first 250 people who asked for a box kronologically” :bigsmile:

So I will still get S/N #118 on my ligths (it’s my birthday 1/18) but no S/N on the box since I’m 259 that ordered a box? What if some of the 258 before me don’t want to buy, can I then get a box with S/N 118?

Kronological said that he would compile a list of the first 250 boxed sets (with serial number badges), based on the time the box was ordered.

No one can sneak past you. 0:)

And if you did order a box early, you will definitely have a lower serial number than any member who failed to order a box (or ordered one now). Your serial number will be between 1 and 250. The other member will have a serial number between 251 and 400.

Actually, that is a little nicer.

But my New Year’s resolution was to pout all year. Come next Christmas if there is something good in my stocking and I find no lump of coal, there’s a gonna be trouble.

No…no one will get the S/N they wanted, except by chance.

The FIRST 250 people that RESERVED a box will get a S/N (box and lights matching) somewhere between 1 and 250.

Everyone else that DID NOT reserve a box (and those that reserved boxes AFTER the first 250 box reservations) will have an option to order a box with NO S/N, and lights with matching Serial Numbers somewhere between 251-400.

I did not mean to confuse anybody and hopefully this clears things up. :slight_smile:

We were born confused! :party:

[quote=kronological]

But I’m number #118 on the list (SS/CU) and I expect that I get my lights with S/N 118 then, that I did not loose my place because I was too slow to order a box?
So somebody else gets the box with S/N 118, but the lights I get with S/N 118 like my place on the list. (Just check, and you will find me on place 118)

I did never see any info that people NOT ordering the box was going to be pushed down on the original S/N list. If this is the case, I’m out of this GB.

Oh Goody! I wanna play!

Serial numbers. Collectors, and third elephants. Consider this. I am making limited edition masterpieces. I make one, I scribe it number one. I make another, I scribe it number 2. By the time I get to the 300th, I am tired, grumpy, and out of beer. Anyone know if the masterpiece bearing serial number 300 is going to be as good as the masterpiece bearing serial number one? They make 400 of these flashlights, they pick up a light out of the box and put a number on it. It’s not necessarily the 1st one made or the last one made, it’s just one of the 400 that is getting a number on it. Collector value be danged. So really, what difference does it make which exact number is on it other than that personal inside meaning, and the fact that it is one of the 400 made?

Another place for me to play. Requested serial numbers. Too much hassle. Hmmm. We have CW and NW emitters, right? How do they know which light has which emitter? Do the lights with a CW emitter get put in a numbered box? Lights with a NW emitter in another? So, then, I assume when they look at my order they choose from the numbered box, according to my order, right? So then, how difficult would it be to put serial number 123 in the package with the order specifying light number 123? I was an order filler at Western Auto Distribution. We had to pull 134 pcs an hour, 10 hours a day, 4 days a week. We got called into the office for getting an item wrong. We had to put price tags on every time we pulled off the shelves in a 100,000 sq. ft. warehouse, and the price tags were specific to the Store ordering the parts. And supposed to be in the upper right hand corner of the face of the merchandise. Office visit for hurrying and missing presentation. Too many office visits, the next visit is the unemployment office. Hassle? I called it a job. And I typically pulled 150-160 per hour, stopping some to help some of the others when/where I could. :wink: (as did a select few others)

All in a days work.

Here are a few pics from Neal:

And here are some from my latest production sample:

[quote=myhken]

No problem. I will remove you from the list.

I can’t believe there is this much discussion about serial numbers, honestly don’t you people have better things to worry about? Why not just let it go and wait until they are sent out and you will get what you are given. As long as you get the quantity of lights you ordered what difference will it make? It was said from the get go that it was never gauranteed that you would get the serial number you requested.

I am number #19 on the list but I sure won’t be losing any sleep over it if I end up with #200 or something. For me I am buying these because of the lights, the serial numbers are just a nice added extra.

Superb

From the inception, requested serials were not guaranteed, and we were cautioned many times about this. The preference to those ordering boxes is recent information, posted within the last few pages of this thread you will find its discussion.

Fear not myhken. Whomever receives serial 118 will not be attached to its number, and you can swap trade… and if you get a box your chances will increase of securing that fair trade, because #118 will now come with a serialed box to whomever receives it. Though if you pull out now, you will not be able to change your mind again because that open slot you leave will disappear quick.