BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

Thanks for adding me to the SS/CU interest/reserved list. I was on the standby list previously.
I couldn’t be happier as they say.

A short tube seems like a gimme, and something that could be easily done for the SS/CU version. PilotDogs potentiometer dimmable lighted tailcap would be a change to the PCB for the tailcap so would go into both versions.

The AL version has better heat handling capability, so could it be a triple? Or as already mentioned an extension tube for 2 batteries? It seems late in the game to add a built in charger…

Seems late in the game for a switch to a triple, too. And does the al version have better heat handling? I know there’s more aluminum in that light than there is copper in the other, but there’s still a lot of copper in that stainless light.

Idk, this is all speculation until Bugsy feels like its time to share. Come on Bugsy, we’re waiting…. :wink:

I feel privileged to finally know a secret around here! But don’t get too excited, this dog has tight lips.

Is the fact that you know the secret a clue in itself? I feel like it might be…

haha

He’s on the testing team now, so you can’t necessarily read anything into that. Heck, I’M on the testing team and if I had been told what’s up I’ve totally forgotten it! lol

The SS/Cu X6 will disperse more heat than the aluminum version. Substantially more. The copper pill section is much more efficient than anodized aluminum.

Sorry dj, missed that question… everything fits in the SS/Cu X6. Double springs, it’s widely accommodating. (meaning top and bottom)

And yeah, this is one of those lights that for sure is just a waste of money to put a protected cell in it. A governor on a Corvette. Ridiculous.

My power supplies consist most of Sony VTC5’s and LG H2’s, how will that do for these lights and or what do you suggest that would be better?

Samsung 30Q will probably be your best choice, followed by the LG HE4 or 2 and the Sony's you already have.

The reason I was asking is because my 30Qs are too big around for my current EE X6.

Unless there is some radical design difference between the Al and Cu versions, this should not be so. Only a few materials have better thermal properties than copper, afaik, that is diamond (and perhaps some other forms of carbon) and silver.

I have 16 X6’s here and probably over 300 18650’s. I have yet to have a cell not fit one.

I have 8 Samsung 30Q cells, they fit everything I’ve put em in, not tight at all in anything I’ve tried. I have flat tops, no added button top, so that could account for my findings. Button tops are added by a third party and some leave the original wrap on, put the button top on, then rewrap it. That could be what you’re seeing.

That’s probably it because mine are button tops.

I was thinking that the AL version would be able to vent heat into the whole light, where the SS/CU version would only be able to really vent from the CU area.

Ah! Fair point. I can’t wait to find out which X6 can take the heat and best throw it away. As you may have guessed, I have the X5 on my mind.

And you WANT all that heat on your cell for why?

If your question is towards my post, you must forgive my poetic license. “Take the heat” is an idiom, meaning to be able to handle criticism, though I qualified it as a double entendre with “throw it away,” meaning the literal heat. The only ‘A’ I received in school was in physics for the single semester it was my major, though it was so long ago, I can’t remember hardly anything… still it sticks somehow that heat is going to take the path of least resistance. Its not clear to me which X6 will stay cooler longer, and while I’m sure physics could tell us unequivocally beforehand, I’m not doing any math. You can’t make me do math. No one saw me do any math. I didn’t do any math. I’m certain we will discover through members’ experiences when the time comes which X6, ignoring the idiom, keeps its cool.

oh, not me then… ><

It’s not that I want the heat in my cells so much as a path away from the LED. I keep hearing you hard driver high current people talking about a light staying on high longer when you can hold it in your hand rather than tailstanding it for testing.

First off, for the record, I am not part of “The Club” so I have no inside info, this is just my best guess.

It will have a longer 2 cell tube or an extension tube in order to be able to power it’s MT-G2, XH-P50 or 70.
Time will tell.
Fun guessing anyway.
Later,
Keith