BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

Can you add me to the standby list please.

Thanks

I still think mine got shipped “air registered” (rather than “priority direct”). The tracking on USPS just started working and here’s what it shows. Can someone else who actually got “priority direct” shipping compare?

I purchased priority direct as well and my USPS tracking looks exactly the same as yours. Except mine is ahead of yours by 24 hours. However i dont know if that answers how they are shipping it, could be that we are all getting air registered together. it is what it is i guess.

Ordered my SS\CU and AL sets, thanks for everyone made this happen, i Ordered yesterday and they shipped it today that was fast

You guys did a wonderful job at putting all of this together and putting up with the comments as well. Banggood, you did an excellent job at getting these lights shipped out really quick. Thanks to all involved.

Kronos “Cronus”, a Titan, the father of Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, Hestia, Demeter, and Hera.

Is this the meaning of the name?

A single example would have sufficed, and fwiw links 1, 2, 3, 4 & 6 are not examples, as we can see another number that is generic in the generated images but clearly a stand in for the actual serial code which is long enough to likely contain more information than build sequence. The single possible example is link 5, image search reveals a site in Swiss, translated here
translation snip (my emphasis)

So… a limited edition of 50 for an estimated 3,000,000 possible customers. By their own paid press description, I am skeptical there are that many browsing and considering purchase of the piece and highly doubt that there are only 50 pieces, but instead probably many identical runs of 50 with slim possibility of the customer discovering the ruse; extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. I think it likely unseen in the marketing there is another true serial for manufacturer’s purposes. But this is admittedly my speculation and my conjecture. Still, though with this evidence the justification is thin, your point is made, and I got to see what it looks like, which was my intent, only to see.

……………Oh great Beam………………………Let There Be LIGHT!

Me too…

I will have the funds Monday, at afternoon end (local time).

This is an example, but understand even a million examples are not necessarily final and undeniable justification for proper industry convention if there exists a single valid counter-example. There are few lights more valuable and desired as McGizmo flashlights. As far as I can tell, all of McGizmo’s runs, whether designated or not, are very special and limited editions. If such an image exists, please show me a McGizmo serial or build number. Does this diminish the product or consumer?

citation

Honesty and humilty is refreshing: the form is beautiful art, but function precedes form.

REQ.: can we get a BLF edition McGizmo Group Buy going? TIA

I am not certain, but I am thinking that the Priority Direct must cost approximately the same price as the Air Register and BG may be sending all free shipping orders in this way. The reason I say this is because I unknowingly chose Air Register for my first two orders but changed my selection to Priority Direct for my third order. When I check my tracking on the USPS site, it shows the same service for all my orders which is as you have shown here; “First Class Package International Service - Features: Priority Mail International Parcel”

Yeah I’m pretty sure I chose Priority Direct for mine as well because it showed the lowest estimated delivery time, 6-9 days as I recall. My tracking shows the same as the rest of you: First-Class Package International Service -Priority Mail International Parcel.

Its about this time in all these exciting group buys that I wish I’d sprung for DHL or something really fast. I have the patience of a small child.

My code for a SS/CU set with box didn’t work and is being worked on. I think it’s safe to assume there are some logistics they need to work through before releasing any codes to the public.

I’m pretty sure Don doesn’t mark up his McGizmo’s with any sort of labels or numbers. Henry at HDS does serial number his lights, but its just the number because they’re not limited. Or rather, they’re only limited by how fast he can build them.

Although to be honest his numbers are meaningless because you can order a new bezel from him and get a new serial number, so I guess its more accurate to say that he serializes his bezels. :shrug:

What is the time limit on the code before it becomes forfeit?

For you that have got the lights already, can you confirm if the firmware is:
~toykeeper/flashlight-firmware/blf-x6v2 : contents of ToyKeeper/bistro/bistro.txt at revision 208 aka 206

or
~toykeeper/flashlight-firmware/tiny25 : contents of ToyKeeper/bistro/bistro.txt at revision 217 aka 208

Am I missing where the case is available?

It’s not if you are not one of the 250 that reserved a box with their SS/Cu set. If you want a box for one of the other 150 SS/cu set or Al set, they will become available after Chinese New Year, so in about a month or so.

I figured as much, thanks

I’m in the same boat. Being worked on.