BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

I can confirm that the X5 comes with the clip attached and the X6 has the clip in the included accessory bag.

Both of my clips were in the bags with the other accessories, but there were indeed clips for each light.

Received my SS/Cu and Al set. Absolutely love it. The modes spacing looks really nice.

Thank you Kronos and all who helped made this GB possible!

However, I notice my SS/Cu set have a tighter hot spot. Not as noticeable on the X5, but on the X6 it looks pretty obvious the SS/Cu set have a smaller hot spot compared to my Al set. I think I remember reading how the reflector was slightly different between the two sets.

Edit: Never mind, the X5 is the same. Just X6 seems different.

Just got through checking out my two aluminum sets. Man, did you guys do good!! I seldom get so tickled over new lights anymore. Thanks Team Krono!! :beer: Thanks Neil and BangGood!! :beer: And thanks Manker!! :beer: The attention to detail on these examples is fantastic. I’m going to start the celebration now, :beer: :party: !! One more thing, my two SS/Cu sets hit my door Monday!!! The BLF is the best fricken forum on the web, and that’s the truth.

The two sets should have the same reflectors, in other words, both X6’s are the same, both X5’s are the same. Supposed to be.

tracking says my set will be here monday - just got my windyfire 14500 today too :slight_smile:

It’s daytime here, maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me. Can’t wait to test it out at night.

Ok, I went back and read more on the serial number info and you guys are correct. I think I got what I was supposed to. Thanks for the help.

My set shipped with clips detached, 2 clear boots, 2 black boots and 1 oring. In perfect condition after a factory reset :wink:
:heart_eyes:

Dare I ask how long the serial number mix-up will delay the remaining SS/Cu units being opened up to the wait-listed people? Although with Chinese New Year almost here, it may not matter.

Took the dog for a walk with the X6 (waiting on 14500 for the X5). Wow, what a light!!! Had crappy lights my whole life, first one I turned on and was truly amazed. Thanks team for building these and thanks Google for finding this site for me!

That’s pretty cool ctyke, thanks for joining the fray and I’m very pleased you like your lights so well. What a way to get started! :slight_smile:

Welcome aboard!

Just another few cents on the serial number saga…

The exchange program is a bold idea! I commend whoever volunteered to herd these cats. Remember that it is not only an exchange, but a round robin, in that the person that has your matching number is not exactly the person for which you have the number. This is a “pay it forward” proposition.

I might throw in C) where they simply turn 150 new X6 (SS) body tubes and serialize them 251 - 400. I’m assuming the X6 body is cheaper to produce, and much easier to protect from manufacturing mishaps.

Oh, and as for the lighted tailcap PCB’s… I hope someone in on the mission designing a nice assortment of muted colors as a switch assembly upgrade. Maybe market through Mtn Electronics?

I understand all the SN angles but does it really matter that much? Seriously, our focus always has and should be on lights. Serial numbers add a cool factor but the don't add/subtract lumens or do anything at all. Afterall, they do have a serial number and that should be the most important thing about the numbers.

We can make all sorts of arguments but should we? Yes it's an oops but we all still have something that was never before available and I for one would like to see more than to get petty over something that does not have any true practical function.

So, I really LOVE these lights. The x6 is a real pocket thrower, it blows the the doors off my D80. And that x5 is very surprising for its size. The fit and finish is perfect on the aluminum set. Still waiting on the ss/cu to show up.The only thing I’m confused about is the ui. Can someone tell me what the 1 to 8 mode does? I switched that on( or off ) and I didn’t notice anything different. Overall they are very nice lights. Can’t wait for the ss/cu set.

I agree.

I think we need a simple explanation of the new UI

I was thinking the same as bugsy36. This is just me, not telling anyone what to do, but if I wanted to exchange serial numbers with someone (which wouldn’t matter to me at all by the way), I would just pay the postage, and not give Neal the expense and problem.

That makes me so excited to own this light. I’m really hoping I get one in SS. I love having configurable options. From what I’ve read, the UI seems to be pretty amazing!

Dwantink, now I’m confused, you switched the 1 to 8 modes on/off? Not that simple with that one.

In configuration mode, after a quick 16 presses, it will blink once for the mode level and stutter for about 2 seconds to give you time to make a selection.

1. is muggle mode
2. is mode memory, toggle on/off to engage or disengage memory
3. is Moon toggle to turn on/off
4. is L-H or H-L, toggle to change
5. is to enter the mode levels, click during the stutter and it will blink up to 8 times. You have to choose how many levels you want it to have. If you allow it to blink 3 times, you’ll have 3 modes. If you allow it to blink 6 times you’ll have 6 modes. This is independent of the moon mode, so if you choose 6 you’ll have 7 in total if you have moon mode engaged.
6. is for Medium press, toggle on/off if you do or do not wish to be able to reverse into the hidden loop
7. is for thermal control. click during the stutter and it will come on , then step up to Turbo. Wait til it’s as hot as you wish it to get, turn the light off, This memorizes your choice on the heat level.
8. is default reset

So for the 5th blink, it’s not a simple on/off proposition, you have to go through the blinks to choose levels. See?

So, to recap, if you want to change mode levels to 4 modes with moon engaged for a 5th mode you would turn on the light, bump 16 times or until it quits responding, then count the blinks (and stutters) to the 5th blink… during the stutter press to break connection, then on the 4th blink turn it off. You will then have 4 modes. Turn it back on, bump 16 to engage configuration mode, count blinks (and stutters) to the 3rd blink and during the following stutter, turn it off. Then moon will be engaged (if it was already engaged it will turn off now)

And for all those words, it really takes about 30 seconds to do that.

Hope this helps. I guess one of us needs to make a video…

(TK determined proper visual spacing for each level of modes, so if you choose 3 modes it’s a set separation between them, if you choose 5 modes, again she figured out the spacing between them to be visually appealing, so all you have to do is decide on how many.)

5. Mode group. Choice of 1 to 6 regular modes from low to turbo, or one of 3 special groups.

After clicking, the light should come on in a special group-select mode. In this mode, it slowly blinks 9 times, pauses, then repeats. Turn the light off after N blinks to select mode group N. The mode groups are: (output is approximate)

1. 1300 lm only
  2. 8, 1300 lm
  3. 8, 235, 1300
  4. 8, 104, 506, 1300
  5. 8, 75, 254, 642, 1300
  6. 8, 50, 167, 366, 757, 1300
  7. 140, 1300, strobe (police modes)
  8. bike flasher, battcheck, 8, 140, 1300 (biking modes)
  9. 4, 36, 140, 500, 1300 (like group 5 but lower)

Example: To select group 3 (low-med-high), let it blink three times then click the button.

Note: 140 lm means 100% on the 7135 channel, while 1300 means 100% on the FET channel. Both are no-PWM modes.