BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

Wow that’s cool! Thanks for clearing that up for me Dale. Do you happen to know what the brightness levels are on all of those different groups?

I think 1 dash 1 is phsychic. He answered my second question while I was typing it.

1dash1 gave you the list of the NEWEST firmware, which is not in these lights. :wink:

Those will be the correct brightness levels for the most part, but the layout is not the same. 8 instead of 9, 1dash1’s list is the tweak TK made.

Quoted from TK’s Bistro text, the UI that’s in these lights….

” 5. Mode group. Choice of 1 to 8 regular modes from low to turbo.
After clicking, the light should come on in a special
group-select mode. In this mode, it slowly blinks 8 times,
pauses, then repeats. Turn the light off after N blinks to
select mode group N. The number of levels in each group is
equal to the group number, and all levels within are
evenly-spaced.

Example: To select low-med-high, let it blink three times then
click the button.”

Some really good info there. Does this mean this UI has no way to have moonlight medium max? Something like moonlight, 500-600 lumens, 1300 lumens?

NVM! Psychics are out in force today!!!

Yes, if you turn moon on at level 3 in the configuration mode and then select 2 modes in the level 5 configuration mode you should have something like what you asked.

This is why TK tweaked the UI, to make it more defined in the selections. Unfortunately, someone jumped the gun and flashed 1200 drivers with the outdated UI.

Simplest by far is to access TK’s BISTRO for BLF X6/X5 Ver2

Everything is there.

I went with mode 5 at 8 and have moon plus 8 levels. I like it! From moon long press it reverses to turbo, strobe, batt check, then bike blink. (and memory on) The AL version in 3B is great. …now for the 1A play lol

God that sounds awful!!! Each to their own I guess, but wow, that’s a LOT of modes!!! ML medium turbo or ML low med turbo is my preferred. I don’t use blinkies much lol…

Thanks guys. That answers my questions completely. :slight_smile:

I do not know exactly where in TK's respository (even though she told us several times) but there is a list of what 8 mode groups are available. That is the main difference between the UI's (8 groups vs 9 groups) when these went into production vs her latest revision.

7 levels is max, including moon.

Edit: I stand corrected, this revision can have 9 levels. Sorry.

Here’s the repository: ~toykeeper/flashlight-firmware/blf-x6v2 : files for revision 208

But there’s no description of what the 8 groups consist of.

With mem on and start in 3 or 4. When you shut it off it starts in 3 or 4. Then you just walk it up. Try it and of course you don’t have to use the blinkies unless you want them.

can someone chime in with what the ‘default’ settings are please?

thanks

Worth a shot for sure

But it DOES say, just not in specific numbers.

““ 5. Mode group. Choice of 1 to 8 regular modes from low to turbo. After clicking, the light should come on in a special group-select mode. In this mode, it slowly blinks 8 times, pauses, then repeats. Turn the light off after N blinks to select mode group N. The number of levels in each group is equal to the group number, and all levels within are evenly-spaced.”

Don’t dwell on the numbers, they’re not gonna happen! Every different cell you try will make slightly different results. Every full charged cell you start with will show falling numbers as the cell drains. The numbers are guide points, not set in stone cold hard facts.

Whew ! Dale… help me here, just what is a flashlight “stutter” ? It’s probably in the BLF lexicon, but I can’t find it. Please ?

After it blinks, it emitts a fast weak strobe. Maybe 18 or 20 weak blips of light in 2 seconds. Stutter.

Edit: If you’re trying to go to the thermal calibration at calibration level 7 you have to endure this…

Blink blipblipblipblipblipblipblipblip (about 2 seconds of “stutter”)
Blink Blink blipblipblipblipblipblipblipblipblip
Blink Blink Blink blipblipblipblipblipblipblipblipblipblipblip
Blink Blink Blink Blink blipblipblipblipblipblipblipblipblipblipblipblipblip
Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink blipblipblipblipblipblipblipblipblipblipblipblipblipblip
Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink blipblipblipblipblipblipblipblipblipblipblipblipblipblipblip
Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink blipblipblipblipclickoff on (about level high for a second or two) Turbo…… til you turn it off at the heat level of your choice.

So, I’ve got a problem.

My CU x5 (#147) seemed like it would count all the clicks and add them up as if I were trying to get into config mode, regaurdless of their spacing. I didn’t count the clicks or anything, so I’m not exactly sure that’s what was going on, or if it just randomly entered config.

But, I think, if I clicked it 13 times, shut it off for 10 minutes, picked it up and went through 3 more modes, it’d enter config.

One of the times it entered config and I set it for muggle mode, now I’m stuck in low in muggle mode, and it won’t do anything else, regardless of half clicks.

Anyway I can reset it or anything?

I can see some of y’all sitting around in front of your monitor’s with your jaw hanging slack going WTF?

:smiley:

ok …I think I “blip blip” got it :smiley:
(sorry sorry can’t help that one LOL)