BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

LOL, my shipment went from China to The Netherlands (Amsterdam) to Hong Kong.. Whut?!

my battery check is way different than the A6. can someone explain what all those extra blinks mean?

Ok, please keep this as a thread, I am neither a EE or a firmware programmer, but it would be like watching a rocket being built before launch. Fascinating, and while I will not understand everything going on, it will be amazing to watch (read in this case). It would be worth the time, even if my role is just a monkey watching this collaborative ballet of talent….

Just my thoughts…

ToyKeeper, this UI is fantastic! Thank you sincerely for your labors on this project…

Dwantink, it now shows by the tenths instead of percentages.

Blink Blink Blink Blink pause, Blink (this is the decimal point) pause Blink Blink That’s 4.2V

I believe it actually tells you the voltage.

Blink Blink Blink blip Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink

Would mean 3.7 volts

Does this help…? Should be able to click for big.

Edit: looks like one leg of the dodad isn’t soldered to the thingy.

I haven’t gotten my set yet. But I know that pin wasn’t connected on the a6 driver either.

Oooh, that makes sense now. Thank you!!

If this is the Bistro, per UI document I was just reading regarding voltage a cut and past.

Battery check / beacon mode
It should blink out the voltage in whole numbers then a ‘.’ then
tenths. So, for 3.6V it would blink out “- - - . - - - - - -”.
Voltage range is from about 2.5V to 4.4V

Been trying to read the 375 posts since last logged in and not sure if that cut/past from TK’s Bistro is relevant,

Why did you choose 1400 lumens as the upper limit for the 8 output levels, as opposed to the 1300 lumens for the 9 output levels?

The only information so far on measured outputs was Dale’s, which more closely coincides with the 1300 lumens.

Is 1400 lumens what you expect to see after some tweaks, like spring bypasses?

1338 @ 4.13V Samsung 30Q

1449 @ 4.21V Efest 3000mAh

(spring bypassed, as any self-respecting hot rodder will do. :wink: )

Does one need to bypass BOTH springs to achieve max output?

What is a safe wattage iron/gun to use?

Dale:

My friend your geekiness just hit a new level trying to explain this visual in words. :bigsmile: I was cracking up reading it to my son. Your dedication and helpful nature in all this is just awesome. Then you followed with a video to help really explain it! Unbelievable and way cool.

Toykeeper:

Your firmware development has reached levels I would have never thought possible. These lights are truly a work of art in every way but the UI is just astounding! The soft transition from mode to mode is the coolest thing ever!

The whole team should take a bow for this one. Great job all.

My SS/Cu X6 is now making 1814.7 lumens. :slight_smile: Took about 4 minutes. Pulls 5.22A from an Efest Purple IMR18650 with 3000mAh capacity and semi-freshly charged. (yesterday, with a couple of tests done on it today prior to this test run.)

Jared, isn’t that soft transition radical? :slight_smile: If trying to open configuration mode or watching the single blinks within config and the light is shining on the floor a few feet out in front of you it makes me think of water drops hitting still water, the Blink blends with the soft transition and forms a wave like action that can be disorienting!

I just opened my package that is supposed to to have the SS/CU boxed set and when I opened the box, it was empty. Are any of you getting the box and light separately?

Because I finally measured my un-modded steel X6, and it got 1369 lm on a cell I’ve been using for a few days. So, I figure 1400 is a fair guess for what it should do on a full high-amp cell.

To get the lumen estimates, I measured several levels in the default configuration… then tweaked the parameters of my level calculator until it was a close match. Then I posted those numbers plus calculated estimates of what all the other mode groups should do. So, I fit a curve to the data… then used the rest of that curve to guess at what the rest of the data would be if measured.

Volts, dot, tenths.

A while back I ran a poll to see what people wanted. The general conclusion was that volts+tenths was the preferred indicator style for enthusiasts and “four bars” (like a cell phone’s signal icon) was the preferred style for muggles. This light is for enthusiasts, so it has the more detailed voltage indicator.

I’ve found it useful because I don’t have to take the battery out to get a rough measurement of the voltage. But it does require that the user knows at least the general voltage range of a li-ion cell, if not also the shape of the discharge curve.

Looks like your X got there first, again! :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think any boxes have shipped empty, not supposed to have, those weren’t reported to be ready til after Chinese New Year.

This is the first time anyone reported anything like that. I’d suggest checking your account to see if there are any other packages on the way, or tracking numbers assigned… and then likely contact Neal to let him know you got an empty bun with no meat inside.

Blows the doors off the latest BLF D80? In throw or total light output ... inquiring minds need to know.