BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

I remember reading somewhere that Dale had his own callibrated light tube or light box (or maybe both?).

Can we make this official? I would like to have the development team get together, and agree on the full, official names of the flashlight set, and each individual flashlight, as well.

Here are the full names I have been using of late. Because they use "Kronos," there is no need for "version 2."

BLF Limited Edition Kronos X6/X5 Flashlight Set

BLF Limited Edition Kronos X6

BLF Limited Edition Kronos X5

When appropriate, material should be added as suffix.

BLF Limited Edition Kronos X6/X5 Flashlight Set, Copper/Stainless-steel

BLF Limited Edition Kronos X6 Copper/Stainless-steel

BLF Limited Edition Kronos X5 Copper

and

BLF Limited Edition Kronos X6/X5 Flashlight Set, Aluminum

BLF Limited Edition Kronos X6 Aluminum

BLF Limited Edition Kronos X5 Aluminum

For short names, I propose leveraging the "Kronos" moniker. Once again, this allows you to drop the "version 2."

BLF Kronos X6/X5 Cu/SS

BLF Kronos X6 Cu/SS

BLF Kronos X5 Cu

and

BLF Kronos X6/X5 Al

BLF Kronos X6 Al

BLF Kronos X5 Al

Perhaps you could drop the suffix "Al" for the aluminum models.

Right now, this is all over the map. Banggood, BLF members, and everyone else have used a variety of names. Help us out, please. Pick some names, both short and long. Make them official. Ask Banggood to use them on its sales pages.

I’m happy calling it that spiffy copper thing.

You can decide on an official name, but people aren’t going to use it consistently. Unless you have a magical recipe for herding cats, that is.

The thread title has some pretty good suggestions. “BLF Kronos X6/X5”

Dale has the same PVC light box that I have - same builder. It's based on a long ago thread here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/6918

More info here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/20730

The PVC light box is not perfect but I find it pretty darn accurate, or at least accurate enough. I use a calibration factor of 0.34, so take my lux reading and multiple by 0.34 and that gives me lumens. A light sphere is definitely a better design.

OK thanks. It’s great to have a way to do comparative readings even if not quantitatively correct.
I must say though that to my eye the 3 sets I ordered had almost identical performance.

An integrating sphere is definitely better than the integrating tube Dale and Tom use.
And an integrating tube is better than the “integrating milk carton” I use.
But even the milk carton is surprisingly useful.

All of the above are better than the common “integrating bathroom”. :slight_smile:

An interesting story about the PVC “lightbox”…
In the past couple of days I built two very different lights using the MT-G2 emitter. I took amps readings and lumens output in the lightbox. Then I looked up djozz’s old charts on crash testing the MT-G2, from June of 2013. Would you believe that the chart and my numbers aligned almost perfectly? This was a Convoy L2 and an Eagle Eye X6, both fitted with the big emitter. Now, I don’t know how such totally independent testing could be “wrong” at such an exacting level.

L2 Convoy MT-G2 10.45A for 4084.8 lumens on 2 Efest Purple 26650’s with 4200mAh capacity
Eagle Eye X6 MT-G2 6.31A for 3222.3 lumens on 2 Efest Purple 18350’s

Whether or not either form of measurement is dead on, with everything being variable and fluctuating it’s certainly a good indicator of what a build is doing and what kind of gains have been found. :wink:

Thanks TK!
I am currently using my integrating wife but looking for a little more accuracy. :slight_smile:

Many moons ago I bought the Meterman LM631 Lux/Fc meter which I just dug out.
I guess I could rig up a tube/milk carton setup.
How do you arrive at the Lumen reading using this setup?

My light box (PVC) like Tom’s was built by rdrfronty and manxbuggy1. They calibrated it with a wide assortment of lights that they had between them, name brand lights with ANSI rated lumens. With about 20-30 of such lights, they got a good average and came up a multiplier for my box of .345. Tom’s is .34, dang close, I’m not sure what Richard’s is, but his was also built by the brother’s R.

So between us, there’s 4 of the same lightbox and we’ve seen pretty reliably consistent results.

Oh yeah, the official integrating sphere is only better when you’re not the one purchasing it. :wink:

That’s got to be from Monty Python.

Anybody?

What’s the question?

I hadn’t even tried to change modes yet but now that you said that I had to try. I see what you mean. The soft transition between modes is beautiful. The first time I used it I was like an 8 year old on Christmas morning. :bigsmile: Wife thinks I’m nuts but this is just awesome. Just waiting for my aluminum set to arrive now.

So far as described (default 7 levels)

(and glad to be reminded I can lock out the tailswitch and turn off the taillight by unscrewing the tailcap a fraction of a turn)

Only oddity so far is the X5 came with a squashed clip attached, labeled X5, that won’t fit even close to snug over a standard flat felled seam (pants pocket) — the bend is too tight to fit 3 layers of ordinary cloth sewed into a hem — not jeans, not ordinary old-guy-cotton pants either.

Has the same sat-upon look as the original brittle clips from the first version of the X6 light.

Anyone recommend a good replacement clip? I do like being able to clip the light at the top of a pocket away from the loose metal at the bottom (keys, coins, etc)
and I don’t dare try expanding the U-bend on this one til I have a replacement.

I did ask the company a few times for replacements for the first version light brittle clips, never got anywhere.

AS, don’t see anything out of place but can’t see C1 or the bleeder resistor on it. Everything I can see looks right.

No argument here. But, it can only be worse if this rose does not have any name at all. As you can see by my suggested names, I, too, like the name in the current subject line of the OP. Now, if only someone would let Banggood in on the secret.

Futile though it may be, I really do think the creators need to name their baby.

The BLF A6 suffers from the same problem. Some are still calling that one the BLF Manker A6. The full name I am now using for it is BLF Special Edition A6. For short, BLF A6.

KIL, don’t you need to wash the windows or clean the toilet or something? :stuck_out_tongue: hahahahaha

The light reads KRONOS BLF Limited Edition and the clip says X6 or X5. Simple enough. Go with how it’s labeled.

Why doesn’t my light work?

Anybody?

OCD? Me?!! No way.

I'm anal retentive!