BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

OMG!

Got my Al-set (3B) a few days ago. This is just my second LED Flashlight (1st was the SS Maratac AAA Rev.1 from 2010) and also my first BLF Group Buy ever. So yes indeed, I’m stunned! Strong prize, free shipping, flawless delivery (8 working days) and not one but two amazingly build flashlights! There’s not one flaw on them, they’re absolutely perfect! Hats of for everyone who’s involved in this superb project, I’m totally impressed! My next order will most definitely be the BLF A6 from BG and will follow Kronos and his team to whatever they come up with next.

Small question: I’ve just got two new IMR 14500 XTAR 600mAh 9.0A High Drain batteries from a friend. Also, I like to order two IMR 18650 Samsung 30Q batteries. Is there anything stronger/better I might find on BG (14500 and 18650)? Thinking of charging these with the Nitecore D2.

Thank you so much, Kronos and his team, for bringing these wonderful flashlights to life!

Kind regards,
Sam

Unless you really want it to say BLF, get the Astrolux S1 instead of the BLF A6, as I understand it’s basically the same light but is slightly higher quality and comes with an 18350 shorty tube in addition to the standard 18650 tube. It may also have a slightly more updated driver firmware, others can confirm that I’m sure, I just have the BLF A6, which is awesome as it is.

Congrats on your awesome new lights!

AFAIK, both the BLF A6 and the Astrolux S1 have the same version of TK’s firmware.
I believe you are getting it confused with the BLF X6/X5 firmware.

Best Regards,
George

You may be right, but I thought I read it somewhere separate from the X6/5 firmware issue, I’m aware that was a problem with someone at Manker grabbing the previous file instead of the new one. This is from memory (which can be spotty at times lol) but I thought there was some kind of fine tuning done after the BLF A6 was made.

Regardless, I’ve read that the threads on the S1 are improved as well as the anodization, but it’s only from what I’ve read because I don’t have both to compare against each other. The additional tube is a definite plus.

Sorry these are only the second led lights you have purchased, LOL. You will never be satisfied with any other lights you purchase.

I am sorry if this is a redundant question but can someone please tell me what is the optimal cell for the X6? I have the purple Efest 14500 for the X5 and I remember reading this would be a great choice. Would the Efest purple also be a good choice for the 18650? I also was notified of a BOGO deal on this cell; Xtar cell from Xtar. I am currently using a Panasonic protected cell, which I remember reading was not ideal, not to mention the diameter of this cell seems very large for this light.

Efest 35A with 2500mAh capacity, Samsung 30Q, Efest Purple with 3000mAh capacity, LG HE-2, LG HE-4, all great choices for the X6.

Dale, an XHP-50 instead of the mtg might do for the twin 14250. I think leddna has them in 3D.

Would still have to open up the aperture in the reflector Scott, it won’t fit over an XM class substrate. And then there’s the + pattern in a smooth reflector. Unless of course a TIR is used… hmmmmm….

lego-ing X6 and A6:

not sure if mentioned before, but i see the following works:

1) X6 head (either) with A6 body. difference - no lighted tailcap for the X6. i have the non-anodized A6, but should work with either as it screws all the way

2) A6 head (non-anodized) with X6 body (SS). difference - lighted tailcap for the A6. well, this is not perfect fit as X6 body does not screw in all the way. so will only work with the said combo. and you seem to loose the medium press reverse cycle.

This was too funny! I only wish it was my experience. If it was, I would NOT own some 70 ‘mediocre’ lights. It’s like riding a motorcycle, once u ride a 1000 CC, you will rarely ride something smaller. Consider yourself blessed Sam to come across this GB, glad u acted on it. Keep us posted :slight_smile:

Thank you! I just put in my order for the X6/X5 and was wondering about batteries.

Another silent (happy) majority reporting in.
Received my boxset no. 93 two days ago and got myself an IMR 14500 battery last night.
Configured both lights with TK firmware instructions and I’m pretty stoked with these lights.

Hats off to Team Kronos and the good folks over at Banggood and Manker for awesome jobs.
You guys rock and thank you for these wonderful lights!

How big is the reflector? I don’t have mine handy but would one of the illumination machines XM’s work? The XML-10 is 29 D X 15.7mm H

You also have the LG MJ1 and Sanyo GA batteries, that give you 10A, but have 3500mAh for longer runtime then 30Q or the other batteries other recommends.

Exactly! But make no mistake, as I’m lurking here for years now, there is no blessing going on. I know exactly what I want/need and shoose my stuff very carefully :wink:

1. 10180 Necklace Light => Blackwater Kite Al 2015
2. 10440 Keychain Light => Maratac AAA Rev.1 2010
3. 14500 Pocket Thrower => BLF Special Edition X5 3B Al 2016
4. 18650 EDC Floodlight => BLF Special Edition A6 3D Al 2015
5. 18650 Backpack Thrower => BLF Special Edition X6-V2 3B Al 2016

€101.80

Cheers
:beer:

I notice that some of these have 35A 2500mAh, while others have 20A 3000mAh. Is there an ideal rating for the cells for the X6 or do these cells work equally well in the X6. Sorry for all the questions but I am currently using a Panasonic NCR18650B which is not only undesirable because it is a protected cell, but it also is a very tricky fit in the X6.

Thanks Ken, I notice other recommendations for higher amperage cells, so is 10A optimal for the X6?

Brett H, I’d go for 15/20A rated 3000mAh cell. Samsung 30Q or LG HG2. Performance should be nearly on par with the higher current rated cells, that’s not the case with the 3500mAh 10A rated cells.

The current ratings are maximums for the cell. The light will draw 5 or 6 amps, with a good low resistance cell, less with a protected cell because of the resistance of the protection circuit. The protected cell will give you longer runtime at a lower light output.

I’ve been running 30Q’s in my single LED lights they are cheap and about as good as you can get for max brightness. I don’t run them in triples because I don’t like going over cell manufacturer ratings for amp draw.