BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

I haven’t bought any unprotected 18650’s previously, but I didn’t think $7.50 was too bad especially considering shipping is free with no minimum purchase amount?

Only safe reply is to point out that, for guys, since cell phones, the competition win is to prove “mine is smaller”

Not everyone has caught up with this cultural shift.

I’ll sell my set for cost + shipping but am still waiting for a replacement tailcap. That can be sent to the prospective buyer. I’ve decided I don’t need 2 sets. My second set was for use but they are too nice and too heavy for me. I’m getting an alloy set for use.

Awesome video, cone. I really enjoyed the wife’s comments at the end. Keep one eye opened :slight_smile:

Thanks for the sale info above guys.

Very nice Cone. You have a very understanding wife. :slight_smile:

Cell phones have been on a “bigger” trend again for quite a while. Now the fashion is to get the biggest phone possible without classifying it as a tablet.

I still think the ideal phone screen size is about 100mm, maybe 110mm. Somewhere in that range. Popular ones lately seem to be about 140mm though, too big to use with one hand. And the 180mm to 250mm tablets? The only use I’ve been able to come up with for those is reading comics/manga.

It’s definitely not just the ladies… A preoccupation with fashion and appearance is pretty universal across most demographics. It’s just that girls aren’t embarrassed about it like many guys are. Modern western societies say guys aren’t supposed to like that kind of thing, so guys find more discreet ways of doing it, ways which can be justified by other excuses. It’s kind of adorable watching that social dynamic play out.

In other places and other times, guys have been the ones who would typically peacock themselves. It’s just not in fashion right now for guys to be overtly fashionable. Kind of ironic.

On this note (and in the BLF spirit of going off-topic) I’d like to add my $0.02.

I am 6’6” tall, and as such I have longer-than-average fingers/thumbs. The LG G4 I just bought is too big for even me to use one-handed. I don’t regret the purchase, because I love the other features, but I wish it was 5” instead of 5.5”.

I don’t understand how “normal” sized people like this size. I came from a 1st-gen Moto X (4.7”) and it was ideal for one-handed use, though I think 5” would be nice.

Boxset 074 checking in. Love it.

Quick question: Does anyone know what the protective coating is on the copper or what the easiest/best way would be to remove it?

I was able to remove the coating with metal polish. I now have a very nice patine on my lights! :slight_smile:

I don’t have a large phone but can answer your question. Older eyes like bigger screens. As with everything it is a trade off.

I can understand the “older eyes” comment, but why is it a trend with the younger people? :-/

And they always try to argue that it is easy to use one-handed…. My reply would be “Not unless you’re 7ft tall”

Normally I wouldn’t care what other people like, but there really aren’t any nice top-end phones in a smaller screen size anymore. I guess I’m on the wrong side of capitalism this time :stuck_out_tongue:

Banggood is discounting the X6/X5 both SS/Cu and Al with coupon code 8a955d. Brings the SS/Cu down to $150 or so, and the Al set to about $68.

They must have made more than just the 400 sets. Others must not be serialized.

I don’t like those huge phones either, now I’m using a SonyZ3compact precisely because it is small and still almost has the same specs as the big version. What mostly matters to me is the good 20Mpixel camera, I make all my BLF-pictures with it.

I bought the G4 partially for the camera as well. The quality is pretty good, the Laser autofocus works well, and even if it doesn’t it has a full manual mode.

As the father of two younger people — I wish I could tell you. :frowning:

If we knew we could make $$$$ working for marketing companies. $-)

If they have made more then 400 of the SS/Cu set, we have been deceived all the time then. For it has been stated since the gecko that it was a TRUE LIMITED set of 400.
What is the team saying to this stunt from Banggood?

Edit: The code works on SS/Cu set WITH box also. And here I’m denied the possible to get my own code, and then they make a public code.

Father of 4 checking in. I feel like I don’t know crap about kids.

I do know a bit about the copper coating though. I have no idea what it is but some metal polish (I like and use Simichrome) took it right off. It may last months of normal use but its not very tough to remove.

is it limited edition or not this was once a statement