BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

It’s also difficult or impossible to find new notebook computers with a decent keyboard any more, and an appropriately-sized touchpad. 70-80mm, recessed, is a good touchpad size… especially with three physical buttons next to it. 120mm and flush or nearly-flush is not. And clickpads are not a sufficient substitute for physical buttons. At least multitouch/gestures/zones are more common now.

Now, chiclet-style keyboards… those are a modern-day plague from the underworld.

There was a topic in this thread, right? Oops.

I haven’t heard anything about this until now, so I don’t know what the deal is.

If those purchases actually work, it’s possible there’s a bug or loop-hole in the purchase process. Or it’s possible that the store doesn’t want to hold on to remaining stock forever, waiting for people who still haven’t used their original coupon codes. I don’t really know. I doubt that 400 sets have actually been purchased though, considering how many people don’t check BLF frequently or who wanted to delay until they get paid or who even just forgot about it.

I heard that a bunch already were re-offered to people on the waiting list, and it’s quite possible that there are still a few from that list who didn’t complete their purchases yet.

I am willing to let go of my SS X6 for those who are interested. It’s a little heavy for me, and I’ve got too many flashlight already. PM me. Thanks.

I have no idea what is going on either. One thing I do know is, if an item is popular, then there is no such thing as limited edition when it comes to most chinese manufacturing.

I added a set to my cart, and it accepted the public code, and the fact they have a huge banner on the Banggood home page advertising them. I have to assume they are for sale, albeit not for the price we got them for.

the link is a screenshot of the home page

But then there is a actual danger for somebody on the list (or standby) that wants a s/n box and light, and then not getting it because somebody actually paid the store price,
if there is so huge stock left, people here on this forum should get codes first.

The lights for sale on the website probably don’t have serial numbers… my guess

Chuckle.

“… in the commercial context, we allow a decent amount of lying. It’s called puffing.”

— Antonin Scalia

i always knew that manker would keep on making anything they could sell. i have 3 sets of SS/Cu and i hope to sell some at a small profit. i hope i don’t get messed up by this. i kind of thought manker might not keep making the copper lights, but now i can’t think of any reason for them to stop.

there won’t be a damm thing anyone can do so don’t worry about it and don’t forget it when the next time comes.
the copper was so nice i bought an alum set just now even though i know i should wait.
the lights are very nice so congrats to the designers for making a light that is “king of the hill”
i thought the box was a bit much at first but now i think it’s appropriate.
talk to banggood about doing a better job packing to prevent damage.

I agree with some of that Ken, and am not at all happy about it either. 400 is 400 and that is that. Limited Edition, say it and mean it or just leave it at Special Edition and be done with it.

The “team” doesn’t control what happens in China. There is so much that goes on that we don’t even know about, and in the end they will do what they wish. As I’ve said before, copyright law means nothing to them anywhere else so why should there be propriety in flashlights? I won’t buy anything else Manker, not if I know they’re behind it. These lights turned out pretty well, have to admit, but there was so much that they did without approval and it’s apparently still going on.

Remember one thing though. We did not hire these lights done on commission. As such, what/when/where/who/why/how remains at their discretion. It’s really as simple as that. Unscrupulous? Perhaps. Business as usual, certainly.

@Myhken: Please drop the subject.

sb56637: Ken has a valid point here. After all the fuss about Limited Edition and “ONLY 400” and secret codes to purchase, Neal has a public code and a 15% off advertisement on his home page. It’s not rocket science, if all 400 were spoken for, what is Neal selling?

Ken has a point and if it is what it seems to be then Neal/Banggood/Manker have some questions to answer, but I’m not sure that’s what got Ken reprimanded. I see it all got deleted but where Ken crossed the line was with how he was assigning blame for the situation.

It is VERY simple. Obviously, not all 400 codes have been used. Because they were spoken for does not = purchased.

We have sent out the codes MANY times, and then some extra…but there are STILL some of the lights available.

As long as there is a waiting list 40 deep, there should be no public advertisement or code. When those 40 are off the list, then what remains is fair game.

Dale…if you had only asked, you would have known that those 40 have ALREADY been sent a code.

I’m #33 on the waitlist and I’ve received/used a code, so I’m sure everyone on the waitlist has also

Is that the wrong word or a clever neologism? In either case, I like it. :slight_smile:

too funny!

Hi!

I seem to be too late for the party but are there still any unused codes? If yes, I would like to be added to the waitlist for the Stainless Steel & Copper, no box version.