BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

I was just browsing through my emails, and completely forgot about this. :-((
Moved from MA to CA last month n have been a little busy. :stuck_out_tongue: ā€¦.is there anything left? I saw the comment in the original post about unused codes being given awayā€¦

I was #209 & 209.

I got the alu X5/X6 set in yesterday. The X6 is a nice improvement over the Eagle Eye version with its screw-in reflector, and of course the great new driver (I will test that reflector against the old EE X6 some time, both the SS and alu X6ā€™s from this group buy have a reflector with uneven reflecting surface and a less distinct hotspot than my original EE X6ā€™s) , but that aluminium X5 is the great achievement of this whole undertaking in my opinion, and well worth the 39 dollar that Banggood is asking now for the separate X5 (do not read this, Neal!).

The X5 lost its stock-ness already :frowning:

It also has now a XP-L Hi 3000K 80 CRI led

Wow! Is that one of the new 6x boards? I need to upgrade mine!

Iā€™m betting that there isnā€™t an 16650 out there anywhere that can deliver the kind of power the Purple Efest 14500 dishes out.

Jos, awesome! Gotta get me some of those boards! Iā€™ve got 8 different colors of LEDā€™s, time for the next stepā€¦ (thank you so not much for the push!)

Edit: By the way, itā€™s only 17.9mm between the flats. Bore it out so a 16650 fits and itā€™d be VERY thin where those flats run.

It is indeed, the dumb 16mm version with orange 0603 leds and 3x 6.8kOhm resistors, it looks really neat!

hi is there any Cu left?.
18650?.

thanks,

Got my SS/Cu boxed sets today (076/400) and (077/400). Excellent lights. Just few micro dings at the corners of the boxes which does not bother me at all. Also got my Al set. Currently Iā€™m charging the batteries to try and wake them up.

I would like to thank team KRONOS for all their fantastic efforts to create these beauties. Thanks to Manker and Banggood for working with BLF and making this project and others a reality.

So Krono when can we expect the new thread? :stuck_out_tongue:

New thread? Whatever could you be talking about? :wink:

I received my 239/400 SS/Cu boxed set 2-16-2016. The box looks really good with slight damage (scuffs) by the logo on the front corner which probably occurred during shipping. The X5 has a small ding at the bezel and knurling is very smooth. Both lights are very heavy for their size. The switches work well, but are not precise as those on my BLF A6. I have not yet had a chance to try them out at night. I am using Samsung 25R flat tops in the X6 and dark purple Efest 14500s in the X5. I ordered NW and while the X6 seems spot on, the X5 appears to be cooler. I am looking forward to taking them both outside this weekend. They are great looking lights, but due to their heaviness may be shelf queens or nightstand lights. Aluminum version would be better suited to EDC.

Switches on the A6, X6, and X5 are identical. Got no idea why one would feel more precise than the other. The rubber boots should be the same as well, perhaps the boot has a different length of post that allows for a little play? The switch itself though is the same, or is supposed to be.

Iā€™ve been carrying the Cu X5 on my waistband, with or without a belt, for some 2 months now and weight is simply not an issue. Well, no more so than having full pockets and phone and knife and everything anyway, lol.

Is CNY considered over? Iā€™m still trying to get a replacement tailcap for my crappy, badly knurled one. Been like 3 weeks.

I believe the last day is 2/22

It also has now a XP-L Hi 3000K 80 CRI led
[/quote]

WOW! Really nice! Me want one! Never satisfied. Terrific color scheme. Thanks for posting.

Thanks for the ideas!

A Nichia 219C lowers the output somewhat, but the color rendition and tight spot is superb!

I pulled a new X5 out of the box and weighed it at 78 grams. I put the emitter and reflector on the scales with my X5 Triple with the copper sink and it weighs 133 grams. So thereā€™s a 55 gram difference with the slight difference of 3 Nichia 219Cā€™s vs. one XP-L HI.

All weights sans cells.

I think blink is the wrong word, more like ā€œpulsesā€ slightly every once in a while which is probably those step downs if there are 64 of them. The threshold for stepdown is way low on all of the lights Iā€™ve gotten, all barely get warm to the touch and it is quite annoying since Iā€™m used to taking mental notes of runtimes, how hot it gets in what conditions, even knowing about how much juice I have both by visually estimating and feeling how fast turbo warms the lightā€¦all of which is pointless to try with that nanny-mode on, lol.

Again, you did an awesome job TK, and with the ability turn it off its not an issue. But with this on, I feel like I imagine most would feel with a speed governor on your car slowing you down or shifting into different gears without your permission :smiley:

Sharpie, remember that while the Al and Cu X5ā€™s are made the same, I completely filled the head and bezel with copper, then cut out the small portion necessary for the 20mm mcpcb triple Noction and Carclo 10507 optic. So this heat sink is very dense, by comparison to the hollowed out head of the Cu X5.

Mind you, given another copper X5 to play with Iā€™d have put that chunk of copper sink in it for the triple build and make it THAT much heavier! :slight_smile:

If I could buy Cu X5ā€™s for $50 each, Iā€™d probably have more than the wife would be happy with. :shy:

Kronological,

Have you had any update on the separate Wooden Box production?
Hope Neal can give us an update on when we can expect to buy thisā€¦

The box maker is still out for CNY. I will update as soon as we know something.