BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

Try “8a955d” for 15% from the start page of banggood.

I was looking for a replacement clip for my Al. X5 (broke the original trying to fix it), and was trying to order a Olight S15 deep carry clip since they fit, but it was OOS at GoingGear. Contacted Olight CS to see where else I could possibly buy one, and instead they just went ahead and sent me one at no charge. Thanks Olight!!

When you buy from Bang_Good do you typically get the Shipping Insurance, or find it not worth it?

Dale, great stuff, as usual. I missed it if you already commented on it, but how are you liking the aspheric?

Are there any plans that are in motion for triple/quad pills for both the X5 and X6? I can’t lie Dale’s X5/X6 mods are making me envious…

Does anyone have any tips for removing the preattached clip from the Cu X5? I tried to, but ended up scratching the light. :-((

I just modified the clip on my X5. Got it off by removing the tail cap and using a flat blade screwdriver under it from the top. Easy does it, of course, but it came off smoothly. I heated it with a propane torch to brightly glowing red, reshaped it, then after it cooled I heated the entire clip up to red hot and dropped it in cold motor oil. Seems fine, went back on with a very strong clip action around the tube, seems fine, I guess daily usage will tell the story. (have heard some of this, really am clueless though)

There are some things in discussion right now but CNY is still slowing what already is a slow process. “These” lights do take time so patience is of the utmost requirement.

I messed up. Huge mistake. I compared the beam’s of my Cu X5 Quad and Al X5 Triple. Lord have mercy! The Nichia 219C’s make the HI’s look absolutely horrid!

I have done it successfully without any damage by fitting/sliding plastic drinking straws from the end of the clip's "arms", & then sliding it off.

Best Regards,

George

Sorry ToyKeeper. I did not mean to worry you unnecessarily. It was simply my lack of knowledge that led me to describe it as a “blink”. That is how it seemed to me in the moment but I contacted Dale as I was having a hard time being patient for a response in this thread. I wanted to show it off to one of the owners of my company but I could not in good conscience do so with a light that seemed to blink. Dale responded quickly and made me realize that I was mistaking the thermal step-down for a blink. I had forgotten that you used the 64 steps in the thermal configuration (brilliant BTW) so while I thought it was a little dimmer I doubted myself because it was so subtle. I then gave the switch a quick tap and it went right into moon so I assumed it had not dropped down. To confirm what I thought based on Dale’s input I disabled thermal monitoring simply to see if it was indeed the thermal control that was causing what seemed a “blink” to me. That was it. Shortly after my post I received a PM from another member that was baffled by the same thing. I explained what I did and got a reply that it worked there too. For the record this was only on my Aluminum X6. The stainless is calibrated quite nicely at the default setting. The difference is in the thermal properties of each light. Now that I understand that, there is no issue with the function of any of my X5/X6 lights. I do intend to turn thermal regulation back on in my aluminum X6 and calibrate it to my liking. Thank you again for such insanely superb code writing. This light set could not help but be impressive aesthetically because of the materials involved and the attention to detail externally. That said, without Dale bringing the power and this unparalleled UI you created it would simply be “pretty”. Bistro transformed it into both aesthetically and technologically a true work of art that stands out as a blinding beacon. Literally. LOL After watching the light on a tan fabric covered cubicle wall ten feet away while trying to figure out the “blink” thing my vision didn’t return to normal for quite a while. :smiley: I only posted all the details because others might also get confused by this. Thank you for your response.

I’m guessing that you followed my post to do this, only difference being I didn’t bother trying to harden/temper the clip, I just ran cold tap water over it when I was happy with how it looked. I’ll update you guys if it breaks or doesn’t hold the bend. So far so good.

I’m curious to see how Dale’s holds up compared to mine. I currently have it clipped to my jeans pocket about 4 days a week, alternating with the aluminum X6.

8a955d does not work: “coupon is olly allowed to use in special collection list”

BLF works and brings it to $36.75

This +1

Hey Dale, how does that triple X5 sink compare to a copper P60 triple sink dimensionally?

I think it might actually be bigger than a P60 sink. The first 4.4mm is ~20.6mm, then the next 10mm is 21.88mm, after that it’s the full 25mm of the 1” bar stock. Overall length is ~21mm. Pretty good chunk of copper in there, for sure. With the opening for the mcpcb/optic at ~20mm there’s about a 2.5mm thick wall around the 7.7mm pocket that assembly fits into, so the copper is substantial top to bottom in this particular lights set up.
I cut it to fit fairly snug, gotta line it up just so and sorta twist it in… still not a press fit but there’s no slop either. Then I smeared Arctic Alumina Thermal Adhesive all inside the pill and pushed the sink in, so it squeezed out the ahesive through the no longer used holes in the emitter shelf, filling them and aiding thermal continuity (or it sounds good anyway!) So with the mcpcb reflowed into the pill while putting the emitters on, it’s pretty much now all one piece.

Edit: clip removal is really easy. Take the tail cap off, slip a flat blade screwdriver under that raised portion at the center of the “c”, pry up using the end of the threaded battery tube under the screwdriver for leverage. Clip lifts right off. No scratches. Even if there were, it’d be under the tail cap of an assembled light, but it didn’t do anything to mine.

I order my batteries from here. Fast shipping in th U.S. too. :slight_smile:

Robo is putting a good GB together for 14500 and 18650 batteries Here.

I love Banggood! They have the cheapest, fastest delivery (12 days or less)

fonfan, are you in the US?
All ya got to do brother is select “Priority Direct Mail” and pay the few cents more, and if you want protection just add the insurance for a buck or two.

My SS/Cu set arrived exactly 9 days from the day I placed the order. Priority Direct Mail shipping (6-9 business days) was free and insurance (protection) was $4.00

For an AL set the priority direct shipping is only a .43 cent upcharge and the insurance is $1.80

Before the SS/Cu set the last flashlight I ordered from Banggood arrived 12 days from order date. (I’m in eastern US)

I think its too early to label these “unlimited” editions, do we know if all 400 of each were actually delivered? And too early for all the whining about that, some members might still want to buy a set. :wink:

can someone please see what it takes to make an alum 16650 batt tube to fit the alum K5 head ??

Interesting question. If I wasn’t already in bed I’d grab my calipers.

I’m wondering if there’s enough aluminum in the tube to just bore it, then remove both springs to get the extra length.

I doubt it, the threaded area seemed pretty thin if my memory is accurate, but I’ll be checking in the morning. I’m sure I won’t be the only one.

The X5 is amazing as is, a slightly thicker and longer tube wouldn’t ruin the form factor for me and having a bit more run time would be well worth the effort.