BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

Dale, how could I forget the 60mph BLF X6 rocket? :slight_smile:

So yes, I should probably add the BLF EE X6 to my ā€œtype IIIā€ list. I just havenā€™t abused mine enough to be able to tell.

Still, that original SC52 still looks nearly mint and has been through an awful lot. Iā€™ve never seen any other finish hold up so well.

Well I am up way too late once again but Iā€™m happy to report that with a good quality protected cell in 20 minutes of muggle mode it works beautifully. Keep in mind I used a high drain cell first to set it in muggle mode as my protected cell cut out at around the fifth mode so I didnā€™t know if i could get into config mode using the protected cell. Good night BLF. See you tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Holy Cow the bistro is amazing. Iā€™m scared to see what the next UI will bring.
I would like to see a slow beacon in there sometime, in case Iā€™m ever lost in the middle of the ocean with only one battery.

Cure cancer might be a stretch too far, I think they will do a good job with depression though :wink:

Dale there is no green it is yellow/beige. Weā€™ll keep the X6 as is :slight_smile:

+1, beacon usually gets bundled with a bunch of strobe modes for which I have no use.

Beacons and such are easy to add, but on bistro I used that space for config options instead.

If you donā€™t care about being configurable through button clicks, thereā€™s room for a lot of blinky modesā€¦ even on an attiny13a.

On some of my personal lights I use a different interface with many more modes. Hereā€™s an old version of that UI (Iā€™ve rearranged the modes since then, but the general idea is the same):

I used party strobes or motion-freezing strobes. I donā€™t like tactical strobes but itā€™s fun to point a party strobe at falling water and see it as a series of still frames. Or point a variable strobe at a spinning fan and watch it slowly spin back and forth both ways.

impressive all those modes.

And Dale, took a pic partly sunny, no green to see, but I am glad to have taken it off the flames, green is something I reall would have hated.

+42!!!

Miller, itā€™s a bronzy green but thereā€™s definitely a green hue there. Maybe itā€™s my photographer instincts, but that looks a lot like my oven baked M8 except mine is maybe a bit darker (or mine was done a couple of years ago and has shiny copper between the head and battery tube.)

This was over 2 years agoā€¦

I really like that olive drab(ish) green. Almost looks cerakote

Dale, those look awesome
There could be olive green in mine, I donā€™t see it but my eyes are really bad (diagnosed ā€“20 almost 16 years ago, I can hear around corners and pinpoint at least 10 spots for all sounds where they echo) so I have learned to trust eye stuff from others more :slight_smile:

Yeah me too! I should try baking some hosts and see how they turn out. Iā€™ve never done it before. Not trying to derail this thread but anybody got any tips? Target temps? How long?

After receiving and playing with my ALU set for a little while something clicked and I went into the collection.

Turns out Iā€™d bought these lights years agoā€¦

In the middle are the Foursevens Quark TurboX and Quark Turbo with AA body tube.

IMO the Foursevens have a leg up in the clip, the clip retention ring and the little guy has a ridge that makes a cigar grip just a little easier. And the little guy with use standard batteries.

The Kronos kit is blemish free and arrived in 7 mode. Iā€™m really happy with these lights.

Just ordered a set of aluminum 4c. Figured $50 well spent. Is there a specific 14500 I should shop for that fits x5? I have a variety of 18650s so Iā€™m good on the x6. Love this forum and lights!

Shur, I used to crave that 4Sevens Quark but it was soo pricey! Found one not long ago, last of the Mohicanā€™s as it were, on sale and bought it. Itā€™s a bit quirky in how it works, Iā€™m spoiled to TKā€™s firmware, but the body style is exceptional and yeah, I figure the X6 is styled after it. Not a direct copy but itā€™s similar. The Quark has a linear ramp to the fins, the X6 is bowled or on a parabolic curve. I got my Quark apart but man it wasnā€™t easy! Actually, a friend coincidentally sent me his old one to upgrade and I damaged it a bit in the chuck of the lathe trying to hold it to unscrew it. So I machined the damage off after working on it and swapped heads on the two lights so I now have the one with silver tipped fins. Come to think on it, I donā€™t think I actually did manage to break the glue on that crazy light! So I ended up somewhat disappointed in the Quark and it sits on a high shelf, where I seldom grab a light to use. :frowning:

That smaller one that takes an AA looks nice, the thinner tube allows that grip style, pretty cool!

The Olight M22 Warrior takes it a bit further, pretty radical fins on that one and a neat design but somewhat weak in output.

Again, these FET driven KRONOS lights shake up the ā€œbudgetā€ flashlight world, blowing the doors off some pretty expensive name brand lightsā€¦.

Iā€™ve got two of the TurboX, the user in the picture and a back up because I liked it so much.

The old UI is very different but I liked the quick switch between the two modes of your choosing.

As for the glued heads, the unused head is not glued at all. I just discovered that not long ago. I was bery surprised to find a threaded reflector in it too.

Getting both of these new lights for about half of what I paid for one of the TurboXs is a very good thing.

Still very impressed by the ALU set.
But you kind of f##ked it up with all these specials
As I wrote elsewhere just now
S50/S70, X5/X6 and Cometa is like having all the lighting demands in just 5 lights. Wrap it up all other brands can stop now. (OK OK make 1 more gun mountable with color options and cover all needs with nr 6 reflector based and 7 zoom)
Who will inform the flashlight makers they should switch to making accessories only for these?
LOL just to happy with the X5/X6 set in combination with a very nice red wine, do ignore and forgive me :wink:

how are you going to top this one, group buy inventors ?
Threaded reflector is excellent feature of krono x6.

OK, we will only forgive you if you tell us which wine, & any french cheese(s)??

It's sacrilege not to have good french cheese with a good french wine.

Best Regards,

George

heheh let me see:
Wine: Les Sources du Chateau de La Riviere, Fronsac
Cheese, some market bought blue older one and a very young local soft goat.

And after that something new to me: Soupe de Champagne
(mix of Champagne, Cointreau, lime juice in a flute with a sugared rim)

We are just getting home.
Had taken a bag of flashlights with us, because where we were they live up a hill at 400 meters of the Chateau de la Rochefoucauld and well we wanted to have some fun.

In awe the son of the host took a carbattery powered building lamp and the S70 outshined it by far.

Coolest thing and most impressive, the X5
Everybody was taken outside to see so much light come out of such a small thing.

I explained a bit about li ion safety and next time they are dining here will show the charger and the flashlight collection. And well I know already will give one of the xtar chargers, a Panasonic cell and let them choose a light. (well not entirely freely, the X5/X6 will not be given away. And nothing with a LatticeBright. And nothing we want to mod of do a video about. So well this free choice now looks like is going to be the mat black genuine Convoy C8 (totally obsolete with the arrival of the X5 that is producing about the same amount of light in a much nicer package and was ordered stock so no atachements to it in contrast to the grey one directly ordered at Simon.)

Dang those X5/X6 are really impressive, very cool to see the host run inside with the X6 pointing to the tailcap while getting his wife to witness the power of the set.