BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

You may be able to find a small Cigar Humidor like this. It’s slightly larger than the BLF box, but probably much higher quality, and a little more room to store a couple batteries, clip, etc… You could get some foam and cut it out for the lights to sit in. This cigar box is about 23cm x 15cm x 7.5cm.

Puzzles me, the statement “… probably much higher quality…”. Have you SEEN the box for these lights? Difficult to get better, at any price.

Yes, I have a blf box. Have several humidors, and am a woodworker as well. That said, if there are no boxes available, a small humidor is a good option.

embiggen, sounds Dutch.

Embiggen is not Dutch :slight_smile:
Biggen are piglets in Dutch.

embiggen

Verb
(third-person singular simple present embiggens, present participle embiggening, simple past and past participle embiggened)
•(rare, nonstandard) To enlarge or grow; to make or become bigger.

Antonyms•ensmallen, shrink, diminish, contract

Origin
em- ‎ big‎ -en

Heheh I like to see the list of members joining the Meteor present for SB GAW embiggen :wink:
click first link in my SIG to read up on it

Also I am still embiggen my flashlight collection after thinking I am done and have a complete set several times.
need a full copper one, building it or buying a CU Astrolux :wink:

Cromulent!

10 fake Simpsons words that belong in the dictionary.

Now what a diddly glayvin this thread is becoming!

. I myself would pay more for a box that was shipped and packaged correctly, they made a beutiful box but skimped on 50 cents on foam of other material. What also pisses me off is banggood new about the lack of foam and continued to ship them out. Both my boxes are dented badly on thre sides.

No no is seems like banggood is just a drop shipper so yes they should have warned better protection is needed also for the lights inside the box.

But team Kronos, I think there is a nice opportunity here, get them to sell the box for $11,-
I think I would buy one and I only have the ALU set.
Please check this out!

The SC is still working great, and it’s a fun (heavy!) little light. Thanks again to everyone who chimed in on my issue.

Thanks! I’ve had several “long distance troubleshooting” successes over at badcaps.net when asking for help with other electronics repair. I quickly learned that decent PCB photos really lure in the folks with the answers!

Please Tell us (me) how you made those excellent pics?

I temporarily removed the magnifying lens from my work lamp to act as a ring light. I shot through the hole with a DSLR and macro lens.

BTW, I can recommend the $40 magnifying lamp from Harbor Freight, if you can tolerate the fluorescent output. It has 1.75x magnification, decent build quality, and a cover to keep dust off the lens. I’d buy it again.

EDIT: To clarify, I am not taking photos through the magnifying lens. :smiley:

Looks similar to the one I have. No mag lamp is perfect but they beat the heck out of not seeing small stuff.

If you are not concerned with a display type case, a Pelican case like this one would be great! Pelican 1120 The “pick and pluck” foam would enable you to make a perfect protective seat for your lights. I have many Pelican cases and they are very useful. I have the wooden boxed SS/Cu set and I store it in this Pelican 1150 which is the perfect size for the boxed set without using the “pick and pluck” foam.

For $26 Banggood could have stuffed our lights in the Pelican and slapped a mailing label on it. Dang things are virtually indestructable (Guaranteed against everything but Act’s of Nature, Grizzly Bear attack, and small children)

Absolutely Dale! It is hard to beat a Pelican case. You are correct about the small children. I have to keep the cases put up because they always want to know what is in them :slight_smile: