BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

Yes, it was one of the black ano ones. The machining on this whole set(black, bare, short tubes) has been so inconsistent as to result in a huge black eye for Manker and Bangood. Many had no issues at all but there were enough that what should have been a top notch budget light/host cannot be recommended. It’s still unclear whether they are shipping incorrect short bare tubes and they may have made it next to impossible by making two different thread sizes on parts that were supposed to be interchangeable.

++1000000 its a shame they managed to screw up such a good light(A6/S1). Its impossible to know if what you are ordering will work with something you already have until you get it. Then if it doesnt…… they want you to take a picture. It is that kind of logic(or lack of) that explains their inability to manufacture anything that is consistent.

Yup Rufusbduck, I noticed that the quality is a hit or miss too. I have recently got both the ano and non-ano A6. Only got the shorty tube for the non-ano just for kicks. Threads fit but the tube is bit long with causes a little gap between the head and tube. I think a little sanding down on the tube can fix that.

Back to the X6 i got, my retaining ring is so loose that when I shake the head (without tube on ) I can hear it shaking inside. Not to mention that I can turn the retaining ring round all day with a toothpick.

Not only that, my reflector is a bit discoloured (oxidised ) on the top.

Contacted Banggood and they told me to clean it with a cloth?!?

Coscar yup, quality wise a bit iffy. Holding back on getting the E14/S14.

:person_facepalming:
That is not good. It may be the cure worse than the disease

Can’t blame them I guess g_sintornillos. CS is probably following some guidelines on how to reply to customers.
I should write back telling them my reflector is now a golden hue and how to get it back to chrome.

Forgot about this, hows the quality of these lights, specifically the Aluminum ones?

I’m a flashlight noob to a large degree, but the quality on these is excellent in my opinion. They are compact yet give out astonishing light. They have some great features and a really superb UI. The fit and finish is extremely good. Go for it, you won’t regret it.

Mine alluminum are top quality. Probably the best stock lights i have ever purchased , even if they are not stock anymore :smiley:

That X5 or its Astrolux counterpart is amazing
Had it with me dining at friends and when we were playing outside olGiles went back in to get his wife to show how much light such a small light can produce (I have them both in ALU and happy to be able to lock them out.)

I am thinking about using the driver/led tail switch of the ALU X6 in another light possible a black Convoy C8.

Just bought an Aluminum set :smiley:

You’ll be very happy with your purchase, I’m sure……

I just had to recharge the battery in my X6 for the first time; it was down to about 3.25V from the lighted tailcap drain.

So, an actual “runtime” test (with occasional use) fits the estimated 8+ month standby time.

Over the months, I’ve found this aluminum X6 to be a very practical light. It pretty much obsoleted all my other throwy lights since it does basically everything they do while being smaller and lighter.

And I was about to switch out the lighted tail cap on some of mine to conserve power, maybe I’ll forget that for now. Still think these are the most awesome lights ever. Just got two of the Astrolux SS versions today since BG had such a great deal on them, $73.80 for two after using points. Saying a lot since these were my first two lights since my boycott of Chinese lights almost five months ago.

What cell are you using in your X6?

I've had X5 cells go dead after a few months, but 14500 cells are small capacity compared to 18650's.

Not really sure of any interest in this but I thought these are some really nice pictures taken by a neighbor friend of mine who is a professional photographer.
He took these pictures up here in WA. State on what is called the Pacific Crest Trail at a stop along the way at Crag Lake, it was a five day journey to get to this lake and he had asked me prior to leaving if I had a flashlight he could borrow for the trip so I gave him a brand new Krono’s SE Alum set X5- X6 and had offered a holster for both but he declined and told me that he had the X6 just dangling off of a lanyard on the outside of his back back, told me it bounced around quit a bit, bouncing of trees, rocks and hit him in the face once, well go figure I guess, that’s why I offered a holster,
Well when he got back he told me he had some pics he took that he thought I’d like and I really did like them a lot and thought maybe you all might also.
First I can not believe this light even survived just getting to the lake but then to have endured all of that and then still be able to produce such a beautiful beam shot and then seeing what my loaned light looked like after he got back was really something else.
Really does say something about this light and how well it really can hold up, by the way even though it was a loan I told him to just go ahead and keep it that I wouldn’t really be needing it anymore and replaced the lens for him and it still works fine but looks very well used.
According to Google Earth the last beam shot is about 450 feet or so,
The picture he gave of the beam shot was at such high resolution that I could zoom in and clearly see just everything on the other side of the lake right down to the small lakeside rocks,
I just thought these were really nice pictures and wanted to share it.
The beam shot picture and picture of the well used X6 SE he sent me personally but the other pictures with his watermark I swiped off his Facebook page and put them in a sequence to kind of get the idea of what it looked like there prior to darkness, oh by the way the Krono’s boxes are for sale now, not sure if you already know but it looks like they sort of screwed them up putting huge S/N’s on the top of the lid, unlike the originals, but I bought a few and think I may be able to router them off and reseal the lid where I had to remove those numbers, looks really stupid if it really is as the BG pictures are showing. $13 each.

Great story and fantastic pictures, thank’s for sharing!!! :+1:

Thank you Teacher, I’m glad someone appreciated the photos, I just thought it was a nice beam shot showing just what a quality light these are, I sure wish I could actually have posted the original photo of the lake beam shot with the trees reflecting into the water but it was one of those pro camera’s with something like a zillion megapixel’s but you sure could zoom into the photo and see each small rock on the far side of that lake, quit an amazing photo, thanks again Teacher…!! :laughing:

Lovely photos there. Thanks for sharing.
My SS and Cu X6/X5 spend most of their time on the bedside drawer.
Too heavy to be used on fantastic journey like your alum X6 :smiley:

I wonder if he treats his camera line that, it also having a lanyard loop.