BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

Woot! Gotta get me some more 219 C’s so I’ll be ready! :bigsmile:

The minimum numbers are needed to keep to that price point surely? If we don’t hit the numbers, the possibility is still available, just at a higher price right?

Don’t worry - We will Hit 200 EASY!

Not even the first sample yet.

-Chuck

I’m in for 1 SS/Cu NW.

Thanks a lot for all your great commitment.

Is it too late to go back to Eagle Eye? :_(

David, what’s up with that? I must’ve missed something…

Many people find quality problems with the Manker BLF A6, the typical stuff that comes with budget lights: twisted reflows, loose threads, non-matching ano, driver that acts funky, popped out o-rings, loose retaining rings, uncertain brandless switch, clip that does not touch the body.

Eagle Eye could not produce to our specs, but their machining and QC was better.

The ti light group buy probably should have been one with the price sent by PM. It was about 60% of the suggested retail price. I think they’re trying to keep the pricing up to avoid looking too much like a budget brand.

put me down for 1 Al NW.

There is no Ti light in this SS/Cu group buy, why talk about any of that here? Edit: Henry, the Ti light wasn’t a retail light, it was a limited run in each case. How does that apply to MAP? Not trying to be argumentative, trying to understand.

Or why talk about the Manker A6 here, for that matter? Those are issues related to different lights. These lights are being special purpose made for this group buy, hardly the same thing at all, not to mention confusing to this buy and possibly harmful to the mindset here.

These lights are being made specifically for this group buy. There is no stock of parts on hand to fit together, each light will be made to order, as it were, with a limited quantity being made.

Let’s stay focused on the goal please. :wink:

(still have to phrase the question though, Manker nor Eagle Eye actually make the hosts for these lights. Why blame Manker for a QC issue that isn’t theirs? Don’t we have the actual maker here in the forums now? We should maybe ask HIM what’s up?)

It is a logical point being made by David: if brand X makes a custom light that shows quality problems, and the same brand X is the source for another custom light (the one of this thread) in the make, that is worrying and worth mentioning here, mindset or not. And it would be a weird world in which a company with their brandname on a product has no responsibility for its QC.

Weird world it is, and we don’t have long threads here proclaiming praise for Chinese QC.

Adega or Sheng Zhen or whoever makes the hosts for EE and I would assume Manker as well. We’ve seen some discontent about the relationship lately, with the presumed maker coming here to sell directly. It’s not hard to imagine this discontented manufacturer giving mismatched parts to the small Manker. But that is that and this is this.

Sometimes it is touch and go when trying to establish new relations in new markets. I think everyone here can relate to that, if even on a simple dating scale. So it would be beneficial if people would try to be helpful, not hurtful, that’s all I’m getting at. Let’s advance the forum or merely watch others do so.

Onward through the fog! :wink:

Dale, here is my thought process. First, I thought someone said that Manker was the host “manufacturer” for these X6-SE v2 lights. It has been found that there are QC issues with the Manker A6. Alone, that’s not that big of a deal to me. I know we’re talking about “budget” lights, and a few loose screws are to be expected. But, I logged on this morning to read that Manker shut down WWEFANS Timeback group buy due to MAP. That, along with the QC issues, tells me they don’t really care much for us. I believe in rewarding good behavior and punishing bad behavior. So, I asked if it is too late to go back to Eagle Eye for this group buy, rather than sticking with a “manufacturer” who doesn’t seem to care to stick with us. Eagle Eye has their faults as well, but they have shown that they are trying to keep us as customers. And driver issues aside, their quality with the X6-SE v1 lights was very good in my opinion.

David…I don’t agree with your conclusions.

But whether I agree or disagree is not the point. MAP has been discussed ad nauseam, and it certainly won’t be solved in this GB thread. It only adds drama that allows the thread to go off on a tangent. It is hard enough and very time consuming keeping up with this GB thread as it is!

Fair enough. I disagree with your disagreement with my conclusions. :stuck_out_tongue:

But after all, it is your GB thread. I shall desist.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Can the team check Lego ability with the original X6 please?

1 x Al NW set. Many thanks!

Will do on the lego ability, when samples arrive.

Thanks Dale