BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

This is so painful for me as a set, I don’t want the SS or the 14500 AL one. I don’t suppose the 14500 one will support a voltage boost for a 1.5v battery? Maybe could a triple length tube be possible? Not for me, just if I wanted to give it away. I really don’t understand the reasoning behind the set.

I really just want the X6-SE v2 18650 Al, most likely CW, I don’t even need a box or a serial number.

I hear ya one41, and think that many feel the same as we do.

My ideal set would be the AL X6 paired with the CU 14500 (whatever it’s called?:-).

As for gifting to run on 1.5v, this is probably the Wrong light for that. To run on 1.5v will require a different driver. - Two extension tubes could work, but why not just get some other light that is designed for 1.5v to begin with?

However, It is what it is and I am down for two sets of AL, provided we can get XP-L HI.

Thanks,
-Chuck

1X SS/Cu NW

Thanks

You’re looking for compact hybrids in the hot-rod department.

Try Pflugerville, Austin is out of stock. :wink:

Edit: Ok Ok, serious answer… you’re looking for a compact hybrid in the hot rod department. An alkaline 1.5V cell can’t give boosted big current, just can’t draw enough amperage from it. So any boost driver you’d be likely to find would be weak by comparison to what this Cu K6 has in it, a full blown Direct Drive FET driver. Totally different aspects of a small light. This is a big hot rod in Stainless Steel to be tough, a working mans light that can take abuse, with a big copper pill so it can handle full output longer. And a small pretty hot rod for the working man’s woman. :wink:

So yeah, in a way, you’re asking for a Prius in a Camaro RR body. Even IF you could put a 3 cell tube on the K6 to get the voltage required, why would you? It’s a small light, designed to be a small light, pocket or purse carry, why make it 3 cells long so you couldn’t carry it? Or so it would very awkward to carry, at the very least.

This thinking is why Austin is weird in the first place. :stuck_out_tongue: hahahahahahaha (messin with ya, sorta. :wink: )

Is it possible to give up my #115 spot and move it to #180 on the SS/Cu list? 180 was my very first badge number.
Thanks,
Tom

Badge numbers? Badge numbers? We don’t need no steeeeekeeeeng badge numbers! :stuck_out_tongue:

No prob…changed. :slight_smile:

@DB, I don’t really pocket carry, so that’s a non-issue. P-ville has nothing but a free sundae today, I’ve checked :stuck_out_tongue: I just really want a couple of the drivers now.

You might want to look into the “Starry Light SA-22” for AA use. Or the Nitecore EA4 / EA41. Or IIRC there’s a Sunwayman light with a similar design and slightly better specs. And your recipient will probably need a couple packs of Eneloops and a charger (BC-700 is nice).

But I don’t think you’ll get much from the K6 unless it has an actual li-ion cell. AA can’t drive a very high current.

LOL. Excellent. It’s been too long since I last watched UHF.

While I am here making a post, can I just express my growing excitement for these lights? I can’t wait to see more sample photos!

Good movie, but it’s not originally from UHF.

When this goes down, I will trade my 18650 for someone elses 14500 light. I am only getting one AL set… If anyone wants to sell their 14500 light from the set, just PM me and let me know…

Eagerly awaiting this light as well….

Earlier I jokingly said temptation is hard to resist, which, of course, is obvious. What I really meant was resistance is futile, which is pretty obvious too.
Please put me down for Aluminum NW (although I don’t know if we have to choose tint yet?). Thanks (I think). :wink:

Put me down for
1x SS/cu set NW
1x Alu set NW

Could you put me down for one set each in NW. Thanks.

You are a pretty negative guy, mike lest. Nobody needs to know any “maybes”, and we don’t know for sure who will be producing this light, why even post that here? Dealing with Chinese companies is a learning process, and I think these will be both improved, and upheld to a higher standard since they are going to be “shelf queens” for many, not cheap $25 toss around lights like the A6. I’d say wait and see and sit on your maybes, we may have 100k maybes if any/everyone posts each “maybe” and nobody really communicated anything.

B42...Thank you for stating that - The A6 is actually meant to be used, even abused, with a feature set wide enough to cover most everybody. :)

Mike L - As we everything...things get learned and progress from there. I am certain these lights will be without any issue seen in the A6...which no matter what is the still the first and one of a kind to be what it is. :)

Can you add 1 more CW AL Set please

thanks

Be sure and check out the Aluminum K6 proto/sample pick in the OP. :slight_smile:

Looks good, Krono.

Thanks!
-Chuck

Ok, I’ll finally bite after update with new sample pic. 1 set of AL version, CW tint