BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

Fair enough, Looking forward to the new product.
Carry On!

Problem may not be samples but the following production run anyone with ideas on how to control that?

Unless someone wants to make travel arrangements to China all there is left is speculation. That is why the many many American companies that produce goods abroad have people on the payroll for QC.

Funny thing is that some few are screaming "down with Manker" or even tar and feathers but everybody forgot about what Nitecore did with a light that cost twice as much. It is the way it is and regardless we still benefit.

I think we may well need a more business like approach to the production of BLF lights than “it is the way it is”

For the sake of the flashlights, maybe, but..

I think we need to be careful with our more and more experienced group buy hero's. It is their hobby too and not their business. I suppose they only have so much time for this, and in the meantime it must be fun to do as well.

I am all ears for a better solution for QC. :) The only assured way is to be there. That is not possible. The only other solution is if they continue to fail us then we no longer use them...and that is the approach we use now.

I do not foresee the same issues that we had with the A6 and if one light is the damnation of a company and any possible future then there would not be any manufacturing. They know what they have to do and they know the consequences. Now we move forward and see.

Edit to add:

This stuff should not even be coming up in this thread. This light is still non-existent. If the forum truly believes that this project should be abandoned because they believe it will assuredly fail - then they should step up and say so because why should people like Kronos, Dale, And Johhny waste their time ;)

I’m sure Bugsy was going to contact Manker. Did they respond yet Bugsy?

I’m not so sure about fun, but I hope it is at least tolerable.

You have to refer to the other thread but they are going to stand behind the lights and send tailcaps, switches, etc.

PLEASE - No muddling up this thread with anything having to do with the A6 except for the driver and UI which will also be used in these lights.

All A6 conversation belongs in the A6 thread :)

I think you must of missed my original post, #726, requesting be added for 1 SS/Cu NW set.

Thanks

I hopefully praise, the quality will way outline the quality of the A6 - otherwise i will really see a big problem - sorry! |(

Bare Al possible? I guess we don’t want too many options on this GB; maybe that can be a separate GB? I’ll sign up for two bare Al sets (maybe more) if they become a reality.

Cheers,
Mo

If you ask me, I prefer the BLF FET+7135 over the LD2, I think the design is more robust and I like ToyKeeper's firmware.

+1,000,000,000,000,000

Is the BLF FET+7135 more efficient than the LD2 (at non-DD modes)?

The LD2 looks really nice but almost different for the sake of being different?

Chris

The LD-2 should be more efficient at almost every mode, and it comes with firmware that supports a variety of e-switch interfaces. However, it can’t handle as many amps (gets hotter, especially on med-high modes), it’s harder and more expensive to build, and we don’t have any open code for it. It also cannot be used for large third-party group buys unless someone works out licensing and royalties, so it’s logistically tricky.

Very cool driver, but the tradeoffs will probably keep it from being used in any high-volume group buys. It seems like more of a modder’s item or a premium option in small batch builds.

More efficiency would be cool, but I already get over a month from an 18350 cell on a PWM-based driver. And getting rid of PWM would be cool too, though at 19 kHz our BLF-* drivers flash fast enough that even selfbuilt couldn’t tell the difference.

It seems like six of one, half a dozen of another.

Both are top end drivers, as far as I am concerned. Like TK said, both have positives. I don’t see negatives with either.

“If you have the choice between a hypothetical situation and a real one, choose the real one.”
– Joan Baez (to Michael Krasny, Forum, KQED radio, Feb. 4, 2003)

But how much difference is there really between LD-2 and BLF FET+7135 concerning efficiency? Like in percentages? Will a flashlight with the LD-2 last let’s say an hour on high and the BLF last half an hour?