BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

I think my emitter is an V4 3D, I did this a while back. Fairly certain that’s the lumens difference. My charger takes the IMR cells to 4.21V, that might be the current difference or simply the clamp meter with big heavy wire. Don’t know. There’s always going to be variables, like a thermometer. If you set up 5 thermometers around your place, it’d be unlikely 2 of em read exactly the same. The lights are like that, varying with time, age and temperature. For me, my numbers… your numbers… djozz’s numbers… Richard’s numbers… just a basis to go by, I doubt there’s hard cold facts anywhere to be found when it comes right down to it.

My light box uses a .345 conversion factor.

For amperage, I use a 12ga Turnigy loop with a Mastech Clamp Meter. (run the single 12ga lead from ground to battery, clamp the meter on the loop that forms)

I haven’t ever used the 20K resistor, the blink doesn’t bother me in the least.

I was merely trying to show what we might expect from the little K6 with one of these top 14500’s. :slight_smile: I believe the K6 will have an TIR optic, so everything will be different on the output and beam profiles.

Really, an optic? I must have missed that. Cool!

Love the K6 prototype too! And I think I do like it to be a TIR light, not sure yet. (same TIR as the DQG18650tiny?)

I would like it to be a SMO reflector.

Thanks,
-Chuck

The prototype looks great, I can’t wait for the next update and test results.

A couple of questions:
What’s everyone’s (OK, maybe not EVERY one :wink: ) view on ring notches instead of tailcap wings?
Will the flats on the production barrels go edge to edge like the prototype?
Can we get the copper without flats? Or maybe forgo the flats on the K6 altogether but keep them on the X6? What do you think?

Regardless, these are great lights and I will not be sharing or splitting them up with anyone. Muahaha J) . Thank you kronos, Dale, JohnnyMac, George, and TK for undertaking this (no doubt I’ve missed a few) not to mention Neal and the production team. OK I’ll stop now.

Cheers,
Mo

I’m just putting this out there,

Has it been considered just having the parts manufactured cheaply in China and then shipped in their raw form stateside to be assembled competently? It seems to me the cost savings are primarily in the host, mcpcb and driver ie not in the assembly labour?

Then only disadvantage I can see is international shipping costs for non USA BLFers. Im sure this would also save time.

Just a thought.

Chris.

Yeah, that optic is a fine one in my book…. But the option to have a standard size that you can order frosted, spot, flood, etc. from would be the nicest thing about the optic…

I’m so worried that Manker is also in charge of these lights…man the QC on the A6 is so bad

in for one set of each in NW

I can’t say I blame you. What I will tell you is we are looking at this and will be seeking ways to prevent this in the future.

Thank you, Krono.

-Chuck

In the future, or for this GB?

Either way, thanks.

I was really excited for these lights, but after hearing all the horrible issues with the A6, I am worried.

For these more expensive lights using premium materials like copper, build quality becomes an even bigger focus. Aluminum is also easier to work with, so if Manker couldn’t get the Aluminum A6 right, I’m worried that these lights will have serious QA/QC issues.

Does anyone remember if the A6 samples had the issues that the shipping A6 units have?

I think we’ve already discussed at length that the samples were different lights, from EE, with different threads and anodizing.

For me, here’s the deal. With the A6 there are a lot of similar tube lights in existence. Old hat, plenty of backstock parts available to make A6’s from. And that’s likely what happened.

But, with the SS X6 and Cu K6, there are no parts available. These are a first. Granted, the old normal Al X6 can be pulled from stock, but even the Al K6 has no precedent, there simply are not any previous lights like these. Nothing to grab from a parts bin. So they’re all made from scratch, as it were.

The Stainless and Copper lights don’t have anodizing, there is no surface finish, so any QC issue there is not a question, it isn’t happening.

This is a new beginning, we have never before had a manufacturer make us lights from a specified metal other than their normal stock. SO, lets wait and see samples, see what they can do, and then we’ll know what we’re looking at.

Any speculation before then is merely idle chatter, hot wind flowing with no facts to be found. :wink:

How many of you guys have had girl issues? And yet, you convinced another girl to give you a chance, right? Benefit of the doubt, right? So let’s let Manker learn, show us what they’re capable of. Get married, before we talk about divorce. OK?

But Dale that’s half the fun of being here :slight_smile:

+1

Honestly, we don’t really know how this will affect quality of this Group Buy. I could promise the moon, but what would it prove? Proof is in the pudding, as they say.

I know there are quality issues sith the A6. That being said, there are going to be some differences between the A6 and X6/K6 GBs that everyone should be aware of. Firstly, as Dale has alluded to, the X6-SE SS/Cu and K6 are completely unique lights that have never been produced before. This will require a more comprehensive process for QC and production. IOW…this won’t be some off the shelf unit. It will be designed from the ground up using completely new materials. Therefore, it will require more close QC and attention from Neal at BangGood, Manker as well as a potential outside QC source that we are considering.

Secondly, we will be using wight’s driver and TK’s firmware, with some minor changes, which has been very well received. With this hurdle already jumped, we can focus on the quality of the host itself.

Without going into further detail, I believe that this GB will be MILES ahead in terms of quality than the A6.

But…proof is in the pudding…so we’ll have to wait and see. :slight_smile:

kronos

The divorce part? :wink:

Some of the biggest truth spoken yet. ROFLMAO

I have finally figured it out...blow the hot air here instead of risking getting divorced. LOL

Dale,

You confuse me here on this.
As far as it was presented to the forum, this A6 was a Ground-Up build for us by Manker.
The clip gap was never in old A6 tubes, They supposedly made that for us, so how can they be old stock??
The Anodizing would not match as well if this were the case also. Not buying the old stock argument.

I am starting to think that the 3D batch may have sub contracted to another vendor below Manker. Just reading over the feedback of everyone who does have issues, 3D comes up as the majority suspect. Why would that run be different?
We know they sold faster than maybe Manker or BangGood expected, so the idea of using a sub contractor is not out of the ordinary for a company trying to get items to market fast.

Please do not take my observations as negative as I have received 2 5A’s and 1 3D, they all function Great and look good outside of the 3D having a very small scratch in the anodization down in the grove of the head.
The thread issue with the X6 is a non factor as far as I am concerned, this light is it’s own Beast and that is fine.

What needs, or better yet, Has to be done is whoever the manufacturer of this particular set of flash lights is needs of make small batches (think 40) until they can be proven to be legit.
Once everything is vetted, then they can make a slightly larger batch until is obvious that they are capable of making as many as the market will bear at a high standard.
I have no problems giving Manker another shot, if they are the only manufacturer, no sub contractors.

Thanks,
Keith

Muto - Although we are too far away to actually confirm and have no way of actually finding out...I think you are correct that they did not anticipate a major rush of sales and tried to keep up with production. Lesson learned.

With this GB here it is different because they cannot source hosts just anywhere due to the metals and to be honest and unknown to many I can quickly transform into an SOB. In the end all will be ok and this will be better than all GB's prior or it will not happen - just that simple.