BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

Do we know what’s the exact tint for the NW, and CW? 3D and 1A? or 3C and 1A? or some other tints?

I don’t think tints have been decided yet. Still working on host details first. :slight_smile:

Put me down for one set
number does not matter SS/Cu NW (3D).

thanks

Sorry guys I need to step out on the aluminum set, #73 richnpc CW.

#153, please swap mine to CW. Thx.

Didn’t realize that there is a possibility S/N as in our serial number. Can I swap my number from 153 to #177 for the SS list! Please? Thx. Ideally, I would like 188, but it looks like bugsy already took the spot.

Looks great! I’ll take a set of SS/Cu in NW #187 if possible. Thanks.

Looks very nice! Count me in for 2 sets SS/Cu in NW. Thanks!

I’m considering this set (SS/Cu set) I think the price was estimated around $80 for the set, correct?

Also what is the estimated max lumen output for the K6 in stock form (with IMR)
—-

The SS X6v2 would make an awesome triple, hopefully there will be a host option too.

I really hope the knurling on the SS X6 will be raised and aggressive like it is on the head in the sample photo (1st photo) but it doesn’t look that way in the other photo (both lights in wet hand) Either way the knurling on both samples is way nicer than on the original alum. X6, I hope it stays that way in actual production, but I have a feeling it won’t unless it was specified in the plans?

OK I’m in for the SS/Cu set NW. #161 XPL-HI please!

(Pretty sure I’d be #161 anyhow!)

Read some more and don’t see any change for the $80 estimate, and saw a mention of 1000Lm for the K6!

The K6 will use the same driver as the X6, so in theory they will make the same output. Reality dictates that the smaller 14500 cell won’t be able to deliver as much current in direct drive, so that will be the limiting factor. That said, the Efest Purple IMR14500 does a tremendous job in this light!

I got 1080 lumens from this cell in the sample K6, no modifications. After some basic modifications like spring bypasses and 22 ga wires I saw 1500 lumens from the diminutive K6. So, straight out of the box it’s a very surprising little light, with some tweaks it’s downright amazing!

I’d want to clarify to say it will have the same driver as THIS X6 and the A6 groupbuy, and not the past BLF X6 driver so people don’t get confused, as that would be an instant “no thanks” for many including myself.

You’re right. Thanks for clarifying for those who may be familiar with the BLF X6-SE v1, but not with this thread, and are reading here for the first time. :slight_smile:

33 to go for the SS/Cu light set :-)

(edit: someone reckoned this was me wanting 33 sets, but no, I stick to one ;-) )

Nice djozz. Now, we only need 1 more people to get the SS Quota. Awesome.

No, I want just one set. Really!

(Uh oh, I guess I haven't read the small print. Have to sell the house now :-( )

Houses are overrated.

It is already cold under the bridge :-(

You guys are something else! LOL

Speaking for myself and not the group......

That is most unlikely. I have no doubt we will hit the MOQ for the SS/Cu. The SS/Cu sets are only off by 30 or so. As time progresses that number will lessen - much quicker when we receive the samples. Besides changing to just sets of K6's in Cu will only increase the costs, which is why the SS/Cu sets "seem" slow as it is.

What everybody needs to remember is that these lights, no matter what the host is made out of, will be finite. In other words whatever is made at production will be all that will be made and serialized. Will there be an individual K6? We do not know. At this minute...no. The interest lists are moving far too slowly for Manker and Banggood to go out on a large run and see them flop.

I have to admit that I do not understand the slowness. These lights are proven to be quite capable and while sets are more $$ than an individual A6 they are sets of two and a whole lot more flashlight than what the A6 is. The Cu K6 alone is worth what the cost of that set is, and that would be just for a host. Same with the AL sets. Ask any of our builders with a lathe - I know they would confirm my statement.