BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

Yeah,

Well considered thoughts.

Get the Windyfire or the Efest Purple and you will be fine with these lights.

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_87&product_id=477&sort=p.price&order=ASC

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_87&product_id=476&sort=p.price&order=ASC

Either of these will work just fine! - I have them!

Dale (the tester for our group) says, that ‘this one’ is the BEST in 14500.

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_87&product_id=523&sort=p.price&order=ASC

But can you trust him? After all, he is ‘only’ a tester ;) Thanks Dale!

My Opinion? - Go with the Windy’s if you need to watch your bucks, or if not, do what you want and let us all know about how it all turned out for you… This is the way that we all learn.

I dunno - I have the ’Windy’s and they really kick butt, but I have never tried the New Efest Purple 14500… only their Purple 18350’s (good-great). - Either way you go is gonna be Kick Ass!

Please let us all know what you did, and how it worked out for you, because we are all here to learn.

Thanks,
-Chuck

For us who are not from the US, is this cell a good one?

http://www.gearbest.com/batteries/pp_186596.html?wid=1

Any other suggestions?

Many thanks.

The X5 as a host… Pretty Please!

Hi BLF,
I don’t see my post from earlier, so if this is a duplicate, please forgive me. I saw these lights on the CPF thread and joined BLF as a result. I see that spot 162 has opened up…may I please take that spot and order one set of SS/Copper with NW ? Thank you so much! Please let me know the PayPal address and when I should pay? Thank you BLF for this awesome opportunity!
Crazyeddie

Has a solid price been confirmed? Have the small issues that toykeeper alluded to previously been rectified?

Add a second AL NW Set for me, please. This will prevent me from kicking myself later.

Hey Eddie, welcome aboard. You’ve made a great choice. Just hang out a bit, the organizer will be along soon to add you to the list. Payment info will follow when they get to that point, but it could still be a little while.

I prefer #9 actually. That with a moonlight and memory looks nice. A sub 10 lumen and sub 40 lumen mode are perfect. Should get rid of a lot of complaints about spacing on the low end.

That's a SANYO - good cell as long as it's not a fake, and a good price, but won't produce as high amps as the EFEST or WindyFire. I just did a test on my modded TG06 with the same driver (wight FET+1) running an XPL V6 on copper, and at the same voltage of 4.20v, the WindyFire did 3.6A - 1275 lumens, while the SANYO did 3.32A - 1139 lumens. The SANYO has higher capacity though, so it has an advantage in that regard. It's not a bad cell for this light for sure, but won't give that max capability. I got similar test results comparing these 2 brand/model cells back in July, but not using the same exact cells, so my results appear to be consistent over a pair of each.

Certainly I would probably choose the SANYO for every day use. I do the same thing with 18650 cells. I'll test max capability on the hot HE2's, 30Q's, HG2's, but if I use the 18650 light daily, or keeping it around for handy use or taking a walk, I'll put a GA cell in it. The lower amps combined with the higher capacity gives you the max usable runtime.

This tool can help compare cells, though it doesn't have them all, or latest:

http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/CommonSmallcomparator.php

I was busy yesterday, playing the good doctor. :wink:

For some reason, the ATTiny25 reacts differently to hot rodding. TK is looking into why, but an attempt at serious hot rodding had it shutting down upon reaching level 6, going to moon mode. Yeah, I turned one of the sample X5’s (the Al one) into a quad. With Nichia 219C’s that wanted lots of amperage. This new driver with it’s 25 MCU, as it’s set up currently, didn’t like me much for doing this.

So I didn’t like it much in return and built an A6 driver for it. :stuck_out_tongue: I was getting 2200 lumens at 9A from the Purple 14500, decided to pull the Nichia’s in favor of the new XP-L W2 2B. And coming off 3 weeks of being sick, I totally forgot that XP-L’s don’t fit nicely under the quad Carclo! So far everything is working, the full head copper adapter I made goes all the way to the glass lens, the Carclo sit’s in a lip at the top so it went in square with no room to move around… as long as I don’t forget and disassemble it everything should be ok. It’s doing 2767 lumens on the Purple 14500 now (at 7A).

Re-flowing the fairly large chunk of copper to get the Nichia’s out, I left it on the stove while preparing the new Cree’s to go in… this time on the stove turned the copper a very nice looking red-orange color and it shows in the head of the light. Sometimes mistakes work out pretty well in the end. lol

At any rate, hot rodding this little light might (will) prove a little more detailed than some others due to the sensitivities of the driver. With the new reflector, it was difficult for me to make the choice to modify this one… it’s just so sweet out of the box! I fully intended to modify the copper X5, but I don’t believe I will. This is one of those that’s just so special it’s a leave-well-enough-alone kind of light.

My 2c.

I’ll try to get a couple of pics later today.

Oh yeah, I walked down to the mailbox after dark and used the Cu X5. It’s about a 10 minute walk round trip. Level 4 worked out very nicely, showing out like a normal decent flashlight and not warming at all. Levels 5,6 and 7 are potent, pretty much mind boggling on level 7 seeing the size of the light in your hand and then the output… like a well made modified C8 in output, but a MiniMag in hand. Really a fun little light and I’ve had it on my belt or in my pocket since it arrived. An instant favorite to be sure! (tested at 41Kcd for 405M throw with 1490 lumens on Turbo. For some reason it won’t give me a tail reading, I’ll have to break into the emitter lead and get an actual emitter amperage with my clamp meter. Will try to remember to do that today as well.)

Thanks for the update Dale :slight_smile:

But what in the world is the XP-L W2 2B? :~

Is it a new higher flux bin than the V6? Where did you get them?

EDIT
The only reference i can find of them is at Cutters
http://www.cutter.com.au/proddetail.php?prod=cut2752

Cutter is always on the cutting edge. :slight_smile:

The description of the cutter listing says its for a V4 3D

Yeah but what are they? are they a higher flux bin?

And cutter themselves seem a bit confused about them.

http://www.cutter.com.au/proddetail.php?prod=cut2752

They say Cutter-XPL353-W2-2B and on the same listing they say “Bin is V4 Flux 3D”

Seems quite some fuss about something that has a code there on the page, it is V4 bin, E3 group. That is an order code. They say it is 3D, that they would know from the Bin code only, which is not presented, but it is V4 for sure.

Yes it seems Dale got confused and me too by the order code sounding like a flux and tint bin cree could have used.

But it is not a new led only the good old XP-L V4 3D that just happen to have cutter order code of XPL353-W2-2B.

Well Cutter likes that edge where it can be confusing.

xref: Tue, 11/03/2015 - 09:39
In reply to a question about cells for these lights, RMM wrote:

(if you’re set for 300 comments per page, this: MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source link will work)

And the Al X5 as standalone orders. Pretty Please too!

I’m just a kibitzer from the peanut gallery here, but I think you need to read the whole thread.
It will help understand the answer the answer, which has evolved over time to be:

“Which part of ‘No’ did I not explain clearly enough?”

(Which is basically what I had to learn to understand; I asked the same questions a few months ago ….)

Pray leave the nice people alone as they continue to shower goodness upon us. Do not bother them.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I should take my own advice.

I will consider that.