*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

I just came back to a private message with information that didn’t work. There were tons of posts to wade through and was just concerned. Thanks for the info.

One big question is what happens with unused codes a few months after all lights are build and codes sent.
Are they going back into the BLF group buy pool?

They will be sold on Epay to the highest bidder~!
LOL

Doesn’t matter, they are not going to stop making these things, they will make various other colors, saturate the market and have multiple sales.
You heard it here first. :slight_smile:

I have just watched you video and I have to say you did an amazing job (again)! All of these acessories seem to work great and add functionality, while still being realtivly cheap to make.

And could you please ask them to add that amazing lanyard to the basic lantern? It’s just so usefull and costs bearly anything to make!

They have already began to ship some of the first lanterns though, but definitely the double clip lanyard is a useful accessory.

UPDATE: Oct,23,2019
Possible colors vote added. >> Go vote on your favorite color, and we will work with Sofirn to see what is possible.)
POLL POST IS HERE:>> Choose your BLF LT1 Color Preference!

The colors based from the Pantone standard color charts)

ZOMGG!!! Can I vote for more than 1 color ? How many colors will be chosen, or make it to production phase?

Is there any way at all to get in on the Group Buy price? New to the hobby and stumbled across this. This looks really cool and would love to get in on it

I wish we could set up the polls that way, (post in a reply of your favorite colors in the image in that Color-Topic poll.

Maybe we can set up a back-up list, as we know that not everyone on the current group-buy will buy all their lantern numbers, (as some have vanished due to the list & LT1 project beginning 3+ years ago.)

My view on accoutrements.

Top hat reflector collapsible shade yes

Side directional shade yes

paracord lanyard nice, could be DIY. Should be inexpensive

-charging cable robust 6 foot USB-C cable +

Charging cable 12 volt direct will there be enough compatible devices to justify it? Declining cigarette lighters in cars may minimize utility. Jumper cables?

-USB-C to 2.1×5mm adapter for 12 volt charging

-padded storage bag potentially handy if low price

plastic wide base To add stability & grip for uneven or angled surfaces needs some thought. I would like to see metal. Clamp-on legs may more effective and weigh less.

-Cap for the lantern head when used without battery tube. To protect the internal contacts when using the lantern without the battery tube powered from USB-C sources. Yes with a seal. +

-Accessory storage bag has merit if reasonable cost. It looks nice and seems to deal with most of the expected parts. Maybe a bulk buy? Better than keeping the lantern in bits and pieces in the house/car/mountains. The one in DSBAR’s demo would be pretty close to optimal.

That’d be awesome if that could happen. I’d definitely be in

EVERY ONE of these colors are spot on. I love them all.

Uh………… I think Sig is on vacation! :person_facepalming: :beer:

I have set up a back-up list already, taking names for the “over-flow”

My LT1 is expected delivery on Friday. Dayum quick!

Is this driver design discussed somewhere? I do not see mention of it in the OP or manual.

:+1:

…. it will be a pain to see people start receiving their lanterns while we have yet to order them. Happy for them, but …. :frowning:

Just wait for the first ‘major’ flaw that appears in batch 1 and you’ll be happy to not have ordered (I. E. button on the Q8) .
Or maybe they will improve something in batch 2 that you’ll be glad to have (I. E. Color) .
Might be the other way around with cost cutting gone wrong (I. E. Fw3a lens/optics).

You just never know beforehand and in retrospect all things so far are all pretty minor.

While I don’t think it was necessary to got by the list order, I do feel it is a nice gesture towards the people sticking to the lantern for several years.

Of course, the pain will be real nonetheless